DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell

Brian Fowler

My guess is that tomorrow, ADR destroys Cena's arm in anger, Sandow cashes in and wins the WHC, and then he doesn't win another match for about five months. 

• Like 1

They did a non-finish last month just to have THAT finish. Man...that's no good at all.

Tag match was the bees knees and Punk had a satisfying blowoff. I guess Punk moves back into the title scene. Honestly, if Bryan gets the title it'll be next year. And, I'll freely admit, they've fucked this up. Just a shame they blew a clean Cena job by getting way too convoluted in their story-telling. The idea of this being HHH's white hummer angle is right on. Where this should have been a simple case of plucky underdog babyface overcoming the odds and vanquishing the top heel wrestler and heel boss has now become this incomprehensible drama that involves the boss's best friend, a broke giant, the boss's wife, the boss's father-in-law, and, tangibly, five or six other heels and babyfaces rotating in and out, as well as bizarre shots at wrestlers who aren't even in the company and/or are retired. I mean, I don't think THEY even realized they were actually just doing a long-build for the fucking Big Show challenging for the belt. That's where we are right now.

The "let's just see where this goes" people need to shut their pieholes once and for all. HHH could come out and masturbate to pictures of himself for three hours and people here would still say " This is going somewhere. This is a slow burn"

Yeah...it went right over a cliff and left us with HHH/HBK conflicted bromance part 466447347472 and John Cena and Randy Orton on top of the card. Simply beautiful.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think this is that bad?

Cena is now occupied with the World Title, which leaves Bryan and Orton wide-open to continue their thing. The only way I'm gonna truly get on board the "They fucked up with Bryan!!!" bus is if Triple H vs. Bryan doesn't happen at 'Mania.

• Like 2

There's no question this story has gone to hell but there are still people who believe Bryan will win the Rumble and go on to main event WrestleMania. I'm not sure I believe that but it's still a possibility.

Even so..  I see a lot of people saying that HBK is Bryan's Kevin Nash. Listen, Punk eventually got to where he was going to be. He's the #2 face. He overcame shitty booking. No, he didn't win the Being John Cena title because nobody can but he's doing pretty damn well for himself. I don't think the live crowds and support for Bryan will fade. He'll get there just maybe not as soon as we'd like.

• Like 1

The issue is that at this point the idea that beating HHH (if it happens) is a bigger deal than winning the WWE title. Even if it happens (and that's a long way away), what's Bryan going to do between now and then? And, honestly, we're about a few months away from a lot of big names and part-timers returning for the 'Mania push.

I mean, any way this leads to Shawn and Bryan?

I'm rooting for WWE, but they just have a tendency at this point, for whatever reason, to start angles hot and then have them peter out into convoluted terribleness. It's what they do with big angles almost every year. 

I blame the 50/50 booking and need to keep everyone strong. When everyone is strong, no one is. Sometimes, angles just need to end with a clear winner standing tall. 

• Like 1

There's no question this story has gone to hell but there are still people who believe Bryan will win the Rumble and go on to main event WrestleMania. I'm not sure I believe that but it's still a possibility.

See, I don't even care about that. Actually, I'd prefer to see HHH screw Bryan out of the Rumble, setting up their Mania match (which doesn't need the belt involved). He's not gonna main event WM, but it's still a hell of a great spot.

I can save Bryan very easily. He starts stalking Triple H to give him the flying knee once a day. Start showing vignettes:

Triple H on an investor's call? Bryan flys in from off camera with a flying knee!

Triple H at the gym with those dumb toe-shoes things on? Bryan flying knee!

Triple H making love to his wife? Bryan flying knee!

• Like 4

I'm not going to get into the booking argument. Not my scene. But I didn't really like the PPV too much.

The tag match opener was friggin' awesome. Another for the Best Of The Year list. I loved the shot of The Usos glaring as The Rhodes Boys afterwards for some foreshadowing.

Fandango/Summer vs. Khali/Nattie wasn't that bad. Glad Summer's getting her first big push because she's really solid in NXT.

Ambrose/Big E. was decent enough but it was obviously thrown together last second because of Axel's injury. The work was fine but getting the crowd into it was flat. I did love the spear through the second/third rope. That was cool.

Punk/Ryback was a snooze fest. Big let-down.

Real Americans vs. Los Matadores was fun. A good goofy match. I really, really, really want Cesaro to toss El Torito about 50,000 rows back. The real life heel in me also really wants to see Zeb get his hands on that no-good bull. I watched this at a sports bar -- everyone LOVED Zeb's segment.

ADR/Cena -- Good match but not as great as I was hoping. The end segment was awesome, though.

AJ/Brie -- Solid Divas affair.

Main event -- Had a lot of good moments but also felt flat, ending aside.The HITC gimmick was kinda pointless tonight. They could have had the matches they had without the cages. There were some good cage spots (The Flying Goat into the cage was nice) but everything else was weak. Heyman on top of the cage was fun but it was a letdown -- he got his ass beat with a cane and couldn't run. I was hoping he'd do a Jim Cornette type thing off the cage somehow but I know Heyman's in his 50s or whatever and that wasn't in the cards. The work was fine but the cages were pointless.

That sure was a show.

Really liked the tag title match. All 6 guys are just on fire right now, and I wouldn't mind if they dragged this out to a ladder match at TLC. Goldust is basically Christian with a back story people care about, and he's tearing it up in the "grizzled vet getting one last run" role, and he's way over. Normally when WWE guys tease the superplex to the outside, I don't flinch, but when I saw Rollins in that position, I figured he'd actually take it. All the guys on the floor were in good position, though, and it ended up looking relatively safe in addition to being visually impressive, so good job to everyone there. Super hot finishing stretch, too.

Unfortunately, it was all downhill after the great opener. Has anyone mentioned Kane coming back yet? That seems to have been completely forgotten. Loved Lawler acting shocked that Kane would chokeslam Miz too. Yeah, when does Kane ever go around attacking everyone? That's so unlike him.

Glad Punk finally got his revenge on Heyman, so hopefully that feud is over. Punk badly needs something new.

Cena/ADR was fine for what it was, a totally predictable match that wouldn't have looked out of place on Raw. Whoever compared it to Hogan coming back in WCW was spot on. The one ray of hope here is that maybe Cena can make the World title the important belt for a while, and set up a much-needed unification match with the WWE title. 

Going into the show, I was expecting a touching ending with Bryan and Brie celebrating with their titles to close the show, so needless to say when Brie lost, it took the wind out of my sails going into the main. And who the fuck is asking for a Bella feud? For the love of god, don't turn one of them, please.

The main was pretty blah. I mean, the match itself was pretty nice, probably Bryan and Orton's best work together since their No DQ on Raw, but that ending was all kinds of terrible. I gave the benefit of the doubt at NOC. I gave them the benefit of the doubt at Battleground. But now we've reached the end of our 3 ppv in 2 months stretch, and this is the blowoff? Yikes. The only redeeming quality was that there was no heat at all for the SCM (that missed by a mile) or any of the subsequent HHH/Orton celebrating. I'm sure no one can wait for an angle built around the Kliq in 2013.

So, it is safe to say the only guy that got a lucky break from HHH in the last 5 years was Wade Barrett? I mean, HHH was injured in 2010 just in time for Wade (w/ Nexus) to take over Raw...

As far as the PPV goes, I thought it was predictable. Like, the stuff you have liked every time you watched it, you liked it tonight.

- I thought the trio tag was good, though I wanted the Usos to win because I <3 the Usos. I can't see Cody substaining anything worth while after Goldust gets let go again.

- Summer Rae was the best worker in her match. Nattie is fucking awful.

- Ambrose's selling/facial expressions bug me and Big E.'s ass distracts me.

- Focused on the football game during Punk's little thing. I really don't know how some people think this guy is the answer to everything that sucks.

- Zeb is too good for those two. And I still am hoping Tensai gets repackaged as the bull.

- I liked the Divas match. I don't think the women are a bunch of Jezebels that should be stoned tho, so yeah.

- ADR is fucking so uninteresting. Glad Cena is back.

- Yup, HHH is soo cool and important and we should all want to watch him be soo cool and in charge and shit.

And how in the hell has ADR's been "jobbed out?" If anything he has been way too overexposed because they don't seem to understand that one gives a flying fuck about him.. But that doesn't stop him from being dominate against everyone but the truly top babyfaces (Cena/Punk). And he certainly isn't a guy who should get decent promo time, but he does anyway.

Awful ending to the pay-per-view. How do they expect people to order ppvs when they deliver these nonsensical, anticlimactic, unsatisying endings. I don't see how orton fans could have liked that finish.

Golddust-Rhodes for the second straight PPV has been the highlight. Who would have ever predicted that? Good for them.