DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Sengoku Lord 2020

Raziel

Next NJPW shows up are Sengoku Lord on the 25th with NJ Road on the 20th.  

NJ Road's high spot is a LIJ/BC six man Main with BUSHI/Naito/Hiromu vs Ishimoro/Togo/EVIL which should be awesome even though it's painfully obivious BUSHI is eating a fall there.

Sengoku Lord has Okada/Yujiro, SHINGO/Despy for the NEVER belt and of course EVIL/Hiromu for the Double Crown which should be great even though its a forgone conclusion.

I'm not 100% on Okada winning which is something I never thought I'd be saying about a match against Yujiro, but at his point Yujiro is the #2 Heavyweight in BC for the time being and needs  to be shown as a threat of some level and I could see Gedo shenanigans leading ot Okada losing.

Okay, thanks. Yeah, sorry, not trying to go on a tangent. 

Hiromu vs EVIL hopefully benefits from a faster pace than the Naito match and I pray less interference. 

Edited by Six String Orchestra

The website just did a feature on SHO where he says he wants to do BOSJ so yeah, that taking the place of Tag League would make the most sense.  

I think the G1 is still set up to start in September after when the Olympics would've been, but it's likely to be much smaller than it would've been (because again, they can't bring in anyone not living in the country yet), so this might be the off year for a smaller 8-10 guy tournament to keep the shows small.

I'm really up for that 6 man in Korakuen, and Evil/Hiromu.  

I saw some speculations that due to recent policy changes Juice and Ospreay might be able to return since they have a living place in Japan. KENTA in theory should also be able to return since he is still Japanese citizen (I think), but he likely doesn't want to leave his family for who knows how long.

3 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Okada pinning an underling in the same faction as the champion and then challenging for the title(s) is pretty New Japan 101, but I really hope they don't go that route.

Last year for Dontaku they had Okada/Sanada title match with Ishii/Evil special singles match that I thought would have led to Okada/Evil for Dominion, yet Ishii won and challenged Taichi. And Okada obviously faced Jericho. So it is possible for them to do something else here, but I don't see many options and they are obviously very limited due to travel restrictions.

Okada winning HW title back from Evil and leaving Naito/Evil feud for IC title sounds like something they'd do.

Okada gave an interview in Tokyo Sports, saying that he isn't interested in challenging for the double title, regardless of what happens on this show; and in fact he thinks the combining of the belts diminishes both. 

As far as I can tell--via the translations I've seen--this isn't directly a shot at the IC title, though I think we have to keep in mind that he's never challenged for it (WK aside).

Edited by Beech27

So ugh, nice of Naito to just waltz in. I wonder if Naito's earlier ref abuse plays into it? Maybe he is just going to fight fire with fire? Considering that last time they were at Jingu they did "No Rope Explosive Barbed Wire Barricade Explosive Land Mine Double Hell Deathmatch" for main event so might as well go with the same theme.

Anyway, how hard was Hiromu protected? And I liked how this was the opposite of Naito/Evil, this time Hiromu had Evil figured out, he just came a bit short.

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Okada wants to do something interesting. He mentioned old NJPW times, hinted he may bring something back from the old times.

The NWF Heavyweight title? That’s the only old title I could find a history for that fits with Okada‘s age.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

The NWF Heavyweight title? That’s the only old title I could find a history for that fits with Okada‘s age.

What about the Greatest 18 title?

• Thanks 1