DVDVR Message Board

UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11/2020) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UFC Fight Island)

Elsalvajeloco

2 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

God damn was dying for Andrade to get the finish after the bloodshed in the third. 

The momentum was definitely turning in her favor at the end of round 2, and she clearly won round 3. 

Just now, Jiji said:

Whoa, Aldo looks like a Sphinx cat without his whiskers. 

My concern is WHY IS HE NOT COMING OUT TO RIHANNA? IS HE NO LONGER PART OF THE RIHANNA NAVY ANYMORE?

• Like 1

Just now, Jiji said:

My God, the striking quality in this fight is remarkable. So many feints and counters. It's high level 4D chess. 

Dude, when Petr Yan was looking like a hybrid of Nicolino Locche and Jose Aldo in ACB styling on fools, I didn't imagine he would actually fight Jose Aldo. I could not ask for more in life.

• Like 1

Petr Yan just out-Muay Thai'd an MMA Muay Thai legend. He has slick footwork but did not use it in this fight. 

That was like watching an execution in the fifth. This year has produced better fights than any 2 years in history I feel like. They aren't just great entertaining fights but the quality is so much better than what we got with the likes of Shogun/Hendo, which was awesome but I mean... I feel like Aldo will respect Yan like he has never respected another fighter. His technique is clean, he is a brilliant striker with timing, feints, counters, and mixing up body head.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Petr Yan just out-Muay Thai'd an MMA Muay Thai legend. He has slick footwork but did not use it in this fight. 

That was like watching an execution in the fifth. This year has produced better fights than any 2 years in history I feel like. They aren't just great entertaining fights but the quality is so much better than what we got with the likes of Shogun/Hendo, which was awesome but I mean... I feel like Aldo will respect Yan like he has never respected another fighter. His technique is clean, he is a brilliant striker with timing, feints, counters, and mixing up body head.

Just when it look like Petr Yan was starting to wilt, he was able to turn the tide. That's youth on his side.

BTW I looked up what I said before Petr's first UFC fight. Take a gander:

On 6/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm very excited to see what Petr Yan can do because when he is on, he can be incredibly entertaining and sublime as a fighter. He's also fighting a guy who because of his style, the UFC was extremely high on in Ishihara. Outside of hitting folks with one hitter quitters, Ishihara doesn't have a ton of different dimensions. Petr Yan is so goddamn versatile along with being able to fight just as well as a southpaw as he does orthodox. Duquesnoy has had mixed results I think mostly because they've put him against guys who just won't fall down at the first sign of trouble. Plus, he isn't really cagey enough to just annihilate rugged veterans. I think if Petr Yan can get past a certain level, he can be some great new blood at bantamweight. Against Ishihara, I don't think he should have any trouble unless he gets caught randomly.

I EVEN BROUGHT UP TOM DUQUESNOY! HOORAY FOR ME.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Haha 1

Two years in the UFC and it was obvious even to me he was gonna be at least a perennial title challenger. Who does talent scouting for Bellator? Stevie Wonder? I mean they have AJ McKee who is a stud but this guy Petr Yan was just in ACB looking like Jesus.