DVDVR Message Board

TNA for Sale

EN090

Even though it's non-sense the pros of Billy Corgan coming in would probably be talent related. R-Pro has some nifty wrestlers. You'll also get more emphasis on Tag Team wrestling and the Women's Division. The downside is booking and character ideas. So in essence the reason to like and hate TNA would remain virtually the same.

Was watching disc 1 of the Mid-South set from WWE.  I'd watch the hell out of TNA, if it was that right now.  Wait, even better ... I'd pay for cable/satellite, just to watch the hell out of (etc.)

Meltzer said the Corgan story isn't serious. While he may have the money to buy the promotion, he doesn't have anything close to the cash to keep it running.

RE: What TNA is selling for, he mentioned the Carters got an offer of $20 million in 2005, which was considered a really great offer at the time. I'd assume it would be something similar now, maybe more since they have all the TV deals.

I think Charlie Sheen is the only celebrity both rich enough and crazy enough to buy a wrestling promotion.

This so needs to happen...

Also, I'd get rid of F'n Taz and Mike Tenay.  Nothing against Tenay, he's just too associated with the stink of TNA at this point.  Whole new announce crew.

And as other people have said....NO MORE ON AIR AUTHORITY FIGURES.  Have a Tunney/Bockwinkel type president who steps in when absolutely needed.  Pattern yourself after real sports and have a Stern/Selig/Goodell type.  David Stern doesn't pop up on NBATV to announce he's booked a basketball game, or punish a disobedient team by having to play the Spurs.  Or try to create a Dana White type figure.  Just no more bullshit authority figures, it's beyond played out, and it's pathetic how they're just directly copying WWE right now trying to make Dixie into Stephanie McMahon.

Over the last ten years, David Stern has been a better heel than most pro wrestlers.

• Like 2

Also, I'd get rid of F'n Taz and Mike Tenay.  Nothing against Tenay, he's just too associated with the stink of TNA at this point.  Whole new announce crew.

And as other people have said....NO MORE ON AIR AUTHORITY FIGURES.  Have a Tunney/Bockwinkel type president who steps in when absolutely needed.  Pattern yourself after real sports and have a Stern/Selig/Goodell type.  David Stern doesn't pop up on NBATV to announce he's booked a basketball game, or punish a disobedient team by having to play the Spurs.  Or try to create a Dana White type figure.  Just no more bullshit authority figures, it's beyond played out, and it's pathetic how they're just directly copying WWE right now trying to make Dixie into Stephanie McMahon.

Over the last ten years, David Stern has been a better heel than most pro wrestlers.

Can a modern wrestling company get away with casting a New York-y Jew not named Paul Heyman in a heel authority figure role?

I'm all for Uncle Si as EGO's manager, Willie as a Michael Scott like GM, Jase on commentary and an overzealous and naive Jep trying to be an X-Division wrestler. As much as I like everybody on the show I wouldnt want to see them on a Wrestling show Phil wouldnt want to travel every week (hell Impact would proably relocate to the West Monroe Amory or something if they took it over) Kay is the sweetest lady ever but I couldnt deal with her for two hours every week I can barely do a half hour and then the rest would just take from the actual wrestlers. That said I think John Luke would get over yeah hes shy and awkward but his pretty likeable him as a young up and coming wrestler over coming his shyness slowly being able to cut a promo infront of the audience who becomes his family rooting for him every week and being the underdog over coming the odds would be great.