DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

33 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Shippers/stans have enough evidence that I’m convinced. It’s as close to confirmed as it can be without someone just coming out and saying it’s true. 

If I recall the big thing with Shayna/Dakota couple theory is that Shayna's father mentioned Shayna bringing Dakota home with her on one of the holidays.

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

This is not true, is it? I distinctly remember Bryan beating Punk the year of the pipe bomb. There was controversy I think when Punk beat Henry in the semi-final.

He meant first one on this version of the board. 2010 was the first overall

• Like 1

Scott Norton's wife was fucking dope, man. She'd answer most any question we'd throw her way. Then somebody pissed her off and she left for a long time, maybe forever. Who was it that upset her and where can I find them? 

That story about him refusing to come to a Nitro taping because he was laying down a new driveway is a thing, right? I'm not just making up Scott Norton stories or my Scott Norton dreams aren't leaking into my consciousness are they?

1 hour ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Resident Evil. I missed most of his craziness so I mostly remember him constantly ending his posts saying he had to go and help someone but then he'd be posting long diatribes minutes later. I also remember him claiming to have the power to attract any woman or something like that. It got rightfully mocked on a Segunda Caida radio show that had the greatest cut off ending ever of DEAN saying that Juventud Guerrera was the sweetest piece of ass in all of wrestling

Oh man, I loved those SC Radio shows. My favorites were them going through the WWE hall of fame trying to find the least terrible person and speculating about using time travel and murder to preserve people's artistic legacies.

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Scott Norton's wife was fucking dope, man. She'd answer most any question we'd throw her way. Then somebody pissed her off and she left for a long time, maybe forever. Who was it that upset her and where can I find them? 

I only remember Barnett ever pissing her off by his pure existence. I thought she just gradually disappeared in general like other posters.

8 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Oh man, I loved those SC Radio shows. My favorites were them going through the WWE hall of fame trying to find the least terrible person and speculating about using time travel and murder to preserve people's artistic legacies.

It's the limo driver I'm assuming, correct?

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

No, it's definitely Tamina. Lacey is raw, but has potential to get a lot better. Nia at least has a certain presence. Tamina is useless, and has probably only stuck around this long because she knows stuff about her dad that Vince doesn't want getting out.

Tamina's got the best superkick tho. And her days in Team BAD taunting JoJo was pretty friggin' great.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's the limo driver I'm assuming, correct?

I think the consensus was the limo driver had probably covered up some horrible shit for Vince.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L_W_P said:

While I'm feeling nostalgic for all things DVDVR I want to give a shout out to @piranesi

Batista fashion watch is/was/always will be nothing short of incredible.

Any chance of firing up the analyzer? For old time's sake?

Hide contents

Dave Bautista [\spoiler]

wow...it's too many layers...it's too much at once...I'm having trouble fitting it all...PULL UP...PULLLLLL

UPPPPPPPPBATISTAFASHIONWWWWEEEEEEIIIIIIIIAAAAAAACCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Spoiler

Stanley Tucci, in the throws of anaphylactic inflammation from eating Gene Shalit, dons George Costanza's big coat and takes his cautious first steps toward researching his role in a gritty remake of Darby O'Gill and the Little People based on a lost treatment by Bob Fosse.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

That story about him refusing to come to a Nitro taping because he was laying down a new driveway is a thing, right?

They should have got him on the horn and told him the Cat was talking shit again. That woulda got him on the plane. 

Whatever happened to Hollywood Cibernetico, and really how egregious was he sexually to the point where he got the "calm down" line on here? Did he just post upskirt photos or something? I think he was pretty much gone by the time I started here (which was a decade ago. Fuck we're old). 

There’s no way Cibernetico was gone by the time you showed up, since he was still around, from what I recall, up until like maybe 3 or so years ago. I definitely remember his avatar and him posting and whatnot.

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Where would find these shows?

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

basically the only person I ever totally went off on on this board in the last, like, decade.

So you are the direct opposite of me. ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jiji said:

That story about him refusing to come to a Nitro taping because he was laying down a new driveway is a thing, right? I'm not just making up Scott Norton stories or my Scott Norton dreams aren't leaking into my consciousness are they?

I'm not the one who upset her - but I nearly did. I had mod abilities at that time and started throwing warnings onto her to which I got a big abusive DM sent to me. I apologised, then I got a DM from Scott (who also joined the board for a very short period) apologising back to me. We all became MySpace and then Facebook friends for years until they unfriended everyone they weren't personally close with. Those were surreal days for an 18-year-old kid. 

Thanks for the memory lane posts everyone, I've been lurking and rarely posting here waaaaaaay longer than I thought. 

• Like 3

I was shocked when Hollywood Cibernetico suddenly started being homophobic, because I'd assumed from his constant body shaming woman comments that he was a catty gay dude who never really interacted with women in real life. Always read his posts in a super camp voice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

This is not true, is it? I distinctly remember Bryan beating Punk the year of the pipe bomb. There was controversy I think when Punk beat Henry in the semi-final.

As mentioned - this was specifically in reference to the Cesaro over Bryan year which was the first one on this version of the board

The first official one was run in 2010

And humorous side note - in 2011, 2012, 2013, Daniel Bryan beat CM Punk in the Finals so again highlighting why March Madness was an exercise in futility.

Even more entertaining side bit from me - the aforementioned Cesaro/Bryan year was 2014. Because of the finish - the other giant controversy has been lost to time which was Brock beat Punk in the first round. (The big reason being Brock had only 4 matches in the entire time period which honestly could be said about every year)

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Whatever happened to Hollywood Cibernetico, and really how egregious was he sexually to the point where he got the "calm down" line on here? 

To clarify this origin story.

The "Settle Down Hollywood Cibernetico" line was not said to HC.

The time after HC was banned - @J.T. posted something about someone in the vein of they made him tingly in the pants.

Partly in jest since JT is my friend and would understand the joke I was making and partly to not encourage behavior from other board posters, I responded with just "Settle Down Hollywood Cibernetico"

As this board is want to do, especially with memes, it has been beaten into the ground since

• Like 6
  • Haha 1