DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Who was that? Milkman?

I am assuming you mean Scott Mailman (yeah - Milkman is gonna make me giggle for awhile)

No - Scott just tried to ghost everyone after screwing everyone on the tape deals post 9/11

The two I know of are Vanes and Victor... and I am half positive there were more than that

I remember Naldi but who were the other ones?

And while we're remembering former weirdos who was the really crazy Benoit fan who said he could tell Lawler was a bad person because had 'deviancy in his eyes'?  That dude was nuts.

7 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I remember Naldi but who were the other ones?

And while we're remembering former weirdos who was the really crazy Benoit fan who said he could tell Lawler was a bad person because had 'deviancy in his eyes'?  That dude was nuts.

Resident Evil. I missed most of his craziness so I mostly remember him constantly ending his posts saying he had to go and help someone but then he'd be posting long diatribes minutes later. I also remember him claiming to have the power to attract any woman or something like that. It got rightfully mocked on a Segunda Caida radio show that had the greatest cut off ending ever of DEAN saying that Juventud Guerrera was the sweetest piece of ass in all of wrestling

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Resident Evil. I missed most of his craziness so I mostly remember him constantly ending his posts saying he had to go and help someone but then he'd be posting long diatribes minutes later. I also remember him claiming to have the power to attract any woman or something like that. It got rightfully mocked on a Segunda Caida radio show that had the greatest cut off ending ever of DEAN saying that Juventud Guerrera was the sweetest piece of ass in all of wrestling

Sweet surrender, baby.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sadly I am about to Mandala Effect you

That was the first MM on this board

@jaedmc post is a lot funnier when the GIF actually worked

This is not true, is it? I distinctly remember Bryan beating Punk the year of the pipe bomb. There was controversy I think when Punk beat Henry in the semi-final.

29 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

The worst woman active on the roster is probably Lacey Evans

No, it's definitely Tamina. Lacey is raw, but has potential to get a lot better. Nia at least has a certain presence. Tamina is useless, and has probably only stuck around this long because she knows stuff about her dad that Vince doesn't want getting out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sadly I am about to Mandala Effect you

That was the first MM on this board

@jaedmc post is a lot funnier when the GIF actually worked

fixed for posterity.

the best part of that was I went on vacation and didn't check the board for like 5 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My favorite board moment before I registered was Burgundy, I think, writing out the WWE women's roster as a high school tv show and she gave the cast roles on the show. Carmela was from a family that was "connected" if I remember an Summer Rae I think tried to run off with a dance instructor? Fugg I can't remember all the story arcs but damn I would have LOVED watching that show she wrote up. One of those "I wish I hadn't just read that because now I'll be disappointed that we'll never get this made" types.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Is Shayna Bi or Lesbian? I could have sworn someone here during Pride month said she was bi.

She and Dakota Kai are supposedly a couple, but I've never heard if that was confirmed or not.

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

She and Dakota Kai are supposedly a couple, but I've never heard if that was confirmed or not.

Shit, I watched her in MMA for several years before she wrestled and never heard she was romantically linked w/anyone until Dakota Kai months ago.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

11 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Is Shayna Bi or Lesbian? I could have sworn someone here during Pride month said she was bi.

I'll feel awful if I get this wrong but while technically bi Shayna seems to be sapiosexual. Or was it pansexual. Quick search shows two terms being familiar to me so I'm hoping one of them is correct. All I know is if she's with Dakota then that sounds like one helluva couple. 

And I really loved the trip down memory lane. Pretty cool to read again about some of the wild shit that's happened on this here board. It almost made me long for the ol' green board of doom. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

WWE has two ways of turning people. They do it with an angle or it just happens. Everything just loses its sharpness in the end. Kabuki Warriors were heels a few months ago. Bliss/Cross were heels before that, etc. Part of me is morbidly curious what happens if they don't turn Sasha face on Bayley and the act, in its current incarnation with Karen/Bayley, just sort of ends up as a face act by attrition. 

26 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'll feel awful if I get this wrong but while technically bi Shayna seems to be sapiosexual. Or was it pansexual. Quick search shows two terms being familiar to me so I'm hoping one of them is correct. All I know is if she's with Dakota then that sounds like one helluva couple. 

And I really loved the trip down memory lane. Pretty cool to read again about some of the wild shit that's happened on this here board. It almost made me long for the ol' green board of doom. 

Funny that someone brought up Josh Barnett. Before Ronda showed up on the scene along with Marina and Jessamyn, the only other person I saw Shayna with Josh Barnett and maybe Josh's longtime trainer from CSW, Erik Paulsen. That was like from 2005 to 2011 (when Ronda came around). I don't want insinuate she was with Josh because I don't have any proof and more importantly I don't remember Josh Barnett himself being linked to anyone other than his former girlfriend and former MMA pioneer (not a good fighter at all but she was the first black woman I saw in MMA) Shannon Hooper. That was like 2008ish when he was last with Shannon Hooper. All Barnett seems to care about is metal and catch wrestling. I guess video games. That's it. He seems like a loner, which is why he was good friends with Shayna I guess. Before Ronda, she was just that strange woman who came out with a guitar for her entrances.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

for a second, I thought this was continuing the Shayna talk. ?

Look pal, we can get back to talking about the pro/cons of DVDVR participation in Birding tournaments vs Mouth Guitar vs Rubix Cube competitions if you want.

For the record, Shayna identified as cis-gender pansexual in an interview but is currently in a relationship with a female. 

"Lesbian" was me trying to adhere to brevity being the soul of wit.  But y'all pedantic... ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Josh Barnett actually showed up on Zach Arnold's forums for a little while around the time he was going into New Japan. He seemed genuinely interested in learning more about wrestling. I remember he really dug the Billy Robinson vs. Inoki match. Seemed like a nice guy. Giant video game nerd. Always really cool to interact with there in the brief time he was around, so I always kinda liked him even if he failed like every single drug test he ever took. All I can say about the guy is that at the time he was very cool to everyone on the forum and didn't seem stuck up about exchanges at all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, Shayna identified as cis-gender pansexual in an interview but is currently in a relationship with a female. 

"Lesbian" was me trying to adhere to brevity being the soul of wit.  But y'all pedantic... ?

THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE FOR THAT TYPE OF HUMOR~!

But thank you for clarifying that cause I was fucking confused.

53 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

No, it's definitely Tamina. Lacey is raw, but has potential to get a lot better. Nia at least has a certain presence. Tamina is useless, and has probably only stuck around this long because she knows stuff about her dad that Vince doesn't want getting out.

As of this year they finally figured out how to wrestle around Tamina. She hasn't actively sucked in this latest comeback so far. It again speaks to how far the roster has come overall. That and just how good Bayley is.

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

All Barnett seems to care about is metal and catch wrestling. I guess video games. That's it. He seems like a loner, which is why he was good friends with Shayna I guess. Before Ronda, she was just that strange woman who came out with a guitar for her entrances.

He revealed himself to be a big Farscape fan on Puroresufans.

Edited by Eivion