DVDVR Message Board

Independent Wrestling.TV

If you want to see two guys beat the ever loving shit out of each other, check out Eddie Kingston vs Dominic Garrini from last night's AIW Interested show.  I mean brutal barely describes it.

Although I haven't seen it, this show also features Tommy Rich vs Mance Warner which is mind blowing in 2021

• Like 1

I’m checking it out tomorrow when it’s archived. AIW is a get promotion they went from being a super indie bringing in outside “name” talent to producing homegrown talent through there school along with small having a group of “names” like Matthew Justice Mance Warner Eddie Kingston Hornswoggle Tom Lawlor etc. 

The Super 8 is on right now. Crowbar has entered the tournament, only he's using his old Dangerous Devon Storm ringname.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started to reply to a post in the Hot Takes thread that mentioned how bad Peacock is with "yeah but is it worse than IWTV's app?"  But I figured I'd put it here instead so maybe we can trade tips or commiserate.

I love their content but their app is shit.  Your progress in whatever you're watching doesn't sync across devices if their OS's are different.  I have a Roku TV and an iPhone and I need to keep a text document on the phone listing what I was watching and where I left off.  The "Continue watching" section stops updating itself at some point AND can't be edited, so 1) you can't pick up where you left off and 2) the list is full of shit you finished watching a long time ago.  Your watchlist is wildly inconsistent, if it works at all.  It all adds up to a really inconvenient mess.  At this point, if I want to watch something I was watching yesterday, I need to:

1. Scroll through promotions until I find that promotion I want to watch
  2. Dig through the list of shows until I find the correct show
  3. Consult my aforementioned text document
  4. Fast forward to where I left off

Also, the app appears to have never been updated after it was deemed stable enough a long time ago.  What a mess.

It could be worse.  Highspots doesn't even have an iOS app and their Roku app uses a template that pretty much every Roku free channel, like the ones that have nothing but public domain movies, uses.

Do these companies seriously not make enough money to get their apps up to snuff?  Fuck.  I actually tried to send IWTV some feedback and it turns out they use an actual ticketing system, BUT you need to sign up separately for it.  LOL WTF.  I did that anyway, submitted  a ticket, and never heard back.  Lovely.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

Roku apps in general I find to be pretty badly laid out, but the IWTV is especially bad. For some reason, the only shows that show up in my continue watching section are shows that recently happened. So if I'm watching something recently added or trending it will be there, but if it's an older show from the archives, it won't.

I've been doing an on and off rewatch of Chikara and every time I have to scroll through all the promotions until I find Chikara, go down to the year and then try and remember what show I left off at.

It's probably too much to ask that they let you just select the match you want, rather than having to select the whole card and then fast forward

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Log said:

I agree with all of that @Technico Support, but I’m mostly amused at the idea of Technico Support submitting a ticket to technical support. 

LOOOOOOOL

I'm an infrastructure guy.  Programming is beyond me.  ?

I did misspeak in my original post about one thing...Highspots does have an iOS app.  What they don't have is an AppleTV app.  I know iOS and tvOS are separate things but they can't be that different, can they?  That really sucked when I had an AppleTV and Highspots.  I had to either cast it from my phone of watch it on Edge browser on my Xbox. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know that GCW has name recognition but I would be surprised if they would be able to get that much money.   Also makes me wonder what will happen with the GCW stuff that's on the app as last I remember it was quite a lot.

I'd guess that number includes whatever damages are specified in their contract, otherwise that works out to over $13k per show, which definitely seems high.

Also, GCW ran 36 PPV shows in 6 months?

My biggest curiosity with this lawsuit is that I would assume that during the discovery process we'll find out just how many subscribers IWTV actually has. I have always been curious how many people are actually watching everything from Zona 23 deathmatches to JAPW shows from 2004. 

What was behind GCW's original split with IWTV in December?  I remember reading stories from that time -- I just looked some up to refresh my memory -- it's still really unclear.  Piecing the 2-3 I just read together, it sounds like Brett Lauderdale hired a lawyer for the first time ever because GCW was getting bigger, and they realized that IWTV, through their contract with them, owns GCW's masters.  Again, I pieced this together from the vague details from these stories, written based on Lauderdale's cryptic Tweets and brief statements.  Does anyone have any better info than this?

You pretty much nailed Lauderdale's side of the story - which is the only one that has publicly come out (not that IWTV really needs to)

But it definitely came across at the time as GCW immediately regretting the deal and just thinking they could be all "Thanks but no thanks!" after signing the contract

I remember a lot of the responses to the tweet about the Masters was "Yeah... that is standard practice dude"

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Web Conn said:

Kaplan vs Matthew Justice was rowdy as fuck. Josh Bishop vs Mance Warner was wild as well. AIW is one of the better indies out.

So IWC  has an annual show where the champions face random opponents selected by a reset button.  The show is happening now on Fite Tv and Bill Collier is facing Mance Warner, and Matthew Justice.  Wild to see it as I was just reading this post when both guys were selected.   Mance has never been in IWC and Matthew Justice has been gone for 5 years at least. 

On 4/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, Web Conn said:

Kaplan vs Matthew Justice was rowdy as fuck. Josh Bishop vs Mance Warner was wild as well. AIW is one of the better indies out.

So IWC  has an annual show where the champions face random opponents selected by a reset button.  The show is happening now on Fite Tv and Bill Collier is facing Mance Warner, and Matthew Justice.  Wild to see it as I was just reading this post when both guys were selected.   Mance has never been in IWC and Matthew Justice has been gone for 5 years at least. 

Also the reset button had Bushwhacker Luke in a tag title match. The guy is in his 70's and still had the crowd going nuts.   Henry Godwin also was in a battle royal.   Not a bad show. Brit Baker showed up to make a save as well. Talked to her earlier in the day as she was at a comic con here.  She said the Saturday AEW show with Omega-Jungle Boy will be "can't miss"  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a weird thing the day before, when Sadika was facing Kimber Lee in the Pit (no ropes cage deathmatch). Sadika chased the ref out of the cage, then Kimber left and it looked like they were going to brawl around the building, but then Kim just went backstage shouting "Fuck this fucking company I'm done". And then the ring announcer got in and said "Well, I guess that was a no-contest". 

Might have been a work, mind. Justify Sadika working intergender because she's too crazy for other women, or something.

16 hours ago, AxB said:

There was a weird thing the day before, when Sadika was facing Kimber Lee in the Pit (no ropes cage deathmatch). Sadika chased the ref out of the cage, then Kimber left and it looked like they were going to brawl around the building, but then Kim just went backstage shouting "Fuck this fucking company I'm done". And then the ring announcer got in and said "Well, I guess that was a no-contest". 

Might have been a work, mind. Justify Sadika working intergender because she's too crazy for other women, or something.

It's odd. Sadika has a history so I'm more likely to believe it's not a work. 

Stiffed Lindsay Snow last year on a powerbomb after a stiff strike exchange, Snow got up immediately and took Sadika down and made her tap. 

• Thanks 1