DVDVR Message Board

Independent Wrestling.TV

1 minute ago, Phil Schneider said:

I think this show was better then any of the Bloodsports, and I really liked the Bloodsport shows

That's all I needed to read to add this to my watchlist.  Thank you very much.

A new crop of Battlarts shows have been added to the archives. They're up to May 2010 and now have a total of 24 events. Beautiful. I would really love to see the original iteration one day but I get that they don't have access to it at the moment. @D.Z, do you know who owns that footage?

Edited by Oyaji

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

A new crop of Battlarts shows have been added to the archives. They're up to May 2010 and now have a total of 24 events. Beautiful. I would really love to see the original iteration one day but I get that they don't have access to it at the moment. @D.Z, do you know who owns that footage?

Some very early footage is owned by Gaora TV while the rest is held by Samurai, well pre shutdown around 2001. Also the rest that came after and commercial tapes of any period are owned by different owners.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Heavy Hitters 2 tournament that's live right now is intense as all hell. It's a mixture of UWF-I rules matches and Streetfights, but the shootstyle matches are far more violent.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Paradigm Pro-Wrestling/ Midwest Territory Pawcade. It's a benefit show for a dog shelter (taking place with a low ring in what looks like a Cattle Market but is apparently a state fair showground), and was one of the first Indie wrestling shows to happen after Lockdown, so a lot of wrestlers volunteered to come in and work for free... there's a Loyal Rumble match that has like fifty entrants. So the show goes long, like 3 and a half hours. Larry D wrestles Mike Roach and it's a pure clubbering show, except at one point the lights go out because of the thunderstorm outside and Larry D gets scared because he thinks The Undertaker is doing a run in.

J Rose is the best ring announcer in the business by miles. Imagine a ring announcer who did a gimmick where he dances to everyone's entrance music. Seems cringey, doesn't it? Seems forced? Seems like a guy trying to get himself over. Not a bit of it. J Rose dances to everyone's ring music and it feels natural. Passionate. Feels like this guy lives for this shit. Anyone else it wouldn't work, it would take away from the show. But J Rose makes it seem the most natural thing ever.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2020 at 3:09 PM, Casey said:

I'm not thinking of Rockstar Pro, I know that much. I'm positive I saw stuff about AIW and Thorne.

there were a few things that came out where he was deemed scummy. At one point a story came out that a party was held at his appt or thrown by him and a girl was raped. Again I am not confirming the story it was something that came out that many people in Ohio/PA spoke of at the time.   He also was notorious for going to hotel bars with Chris (Chandler Biggins) and bugging wrestlers for pics, etc. Would go to Ohio Indy shows and heckle a lot of the guys as well. You can see him and Chris on a lot of the PWO/Prime shows on HSWN actually.  

The Sami Callihan thing I can vouch for. They talked shit on him and called him Scami Carnihan, but once he hit NXT they put out the best of DVD right away.  Was pretty classless.    They also would talk shit about JT Lightning which is crazy since they named an annual tournament after him. They may have had beef over Turner Hall but again I can't 100% confirm, just going off of the many stories I have heard. 

But..... We are here for wrestling and AIW has some great shows with some great talent. TPI tournaments later renamed the JT Lightning tournament is always a must see.  

4 hours ago, Shane said:

ECWA shows (both classic and new) coming to IWTV. Oddly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Super 8 despite being a huge fan of Indy tournaments.

https://independentwrestling.tv/news/ecwa-comes-to-iwtv

There is a lot of “before they were famous” possibilities with Kettner’s footage, probably most notably for Christian and DB, I’d think. It was such a long time ago now. ? 

• Like 2

All safety/COVID concerns about moving that show indoors to an unregulated venue on residential property aside, I do think it is absolutely hilarious that WWE spent thousands of dollars on producing the Raw Underground segments and ICW/IWTV basically fell ass-backwards into putting together something that pulls off a grimy "underground" aesthetic a million times better with a few hours notice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, they've decided that the Pitfighting show last night was in fact a bonus show (because they rebooked the whole card on the fly) and the NHB4 show that was scheduled for last night has been postponed to RIGHT NOW this afternoon... whilst the show booked for tonight will still be going ahead. Everyone's doing two Deathmatches in one day now. They've moved the ring in to the barn, which has been renamed The Blood Shed. Everyone's entering through the barn doors, which randomly have stained glass windows in them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Erick Stevens presents Professional Wrestling show (Black Label Pro) that just finished is a strong Best Show of the Year contender. Just awesome stuff top to bottom .

• Like 4

On 8/7/2020 at 7:59 PM, AxB said:

The trend for outdoor shows was always going to lead to this, sooner or later.

Back when WWE would do one show per year at the Frederick MD baseball stadium, the show got rained out right in the middle and it was nuts.  2-3 matches in, Boogeyman shows up in the ring.  He's in his SMW gear because he's pre-TV, working on the gimmick.  He yells like two lines and there's thunder and lightning and the fucking sky OPENS.  Tremendous.

I just dropped Highspots for IWTV and love it so far.  I need to go through this thread and take notes.  Last night I watched Lawlor & Alvarez vs Gage and Santell from Americanrana 19, then started the Black Label show from the other day ("We're Back").  Just two matches in.  Good so far.  I agree with @AxB.  J Rose is great.