DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Oh yeah, that was some Aerostar shit. They were all awesome though, including the 450 because seriously, who has the balls to do that directly into somebody's extended legs?!

Actually I dunno which I like more. The triple jump moonsault had so much hangtime and such a graceful descent... and then he just crashes with full impact. Wild.

• Like 1

@DangerMarkbrought this up in that abortion of another thread (that at least proved that New Jack wasn't wrong about Cornette). This is pretty short but wild. On its surface you think you're gonna get a New Japan vs. UWF match... and then Super Strong Machine decides that isn't the plan. Another cool thing about it besides the blood is 

Spoiler

Masa Saito performing possibly the first finisher/dangerous highspot to the floor in Japanese wrestling history. It looks like he tries to protect Maeda but still, damn. 

EDIT: And also, why wasn't this an extra on the New Japan set? Seems like it would be a lock. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

@DangerMarkbrought this up in that abortion of another thread (that at least proved that New Jack wasn't wrong about Cornette). This is pretty short but wild. On its surface you think you're gonna get a New Japan vs. UWF match... and then Super Strong Machine decides that isn't the plan. Another cool thing about it besides the blood is 

Hide contents

Masa Saito performing possibly the first finisher/dangerous highspot to the floor in Japanese wrestling history. It looks like he tries to protect Maeda but still, damn. 

EDIT: And also, why wasn't this an extra on the New Japan set? Seems like it would be a lock. 

YEAH, DADDY!

• Like 1

Asuka vs Akito, in an Ippon Deathmatch for the DDT Extreme Title. Rules are, there's ONE light tube, and whoever breaks it loses.

• Haha 1

I just read the review of the final episode of LU and apparently it had two bloodfests in it: the Mack vs. Mil Muertes and Pentagon Dark vs. Marty the Moth. So I'm leaving it here. The first match starts at the 30 minute mark of the first file and the second starts around the six minute mark on the second file. And trying to find that second one tells me that boy Marty hit a gusher. I'll give my thoughts after I watch these. 

• Like 1

Here's your Segunda Caida Ultima Lucha Cuatro review: 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/08/lucha-underground-season-4-episode-21.html

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/08/lucha-underground-final-episode-ultima.html

And here's mine. 

Spoiler

I fell out of love with the series sometime during season three IIRC and somehow never even got around to watching this, and watching those last three matches reminds me just how fun LU was.

The Mack/Muertes Death Match was full of big, hard shots and moves. The gimmick was the icing in that respect, with two separate caskets brought out (both painted 'DEATH MATCH' in red with blood drips on the sides) which was an awesome touch) and one was basically filled with Jason murder weapons. They even used an axe, and the weapon of choice was an ice pick which Mil used to I believe shoot slice Willie open. I certainly didn't see any blade handed off like in the Pentagon match. Both guys crash into each other in all kinds of awesome ways, like a reverse cannonball Willie does into the corner where he turned at the very last second that looked like Mil was gonna be spitting teeth, and a flatliner that Willie took like it broke his neck. After a couple stunners Willie bashes Mil with a freakin' brick and hits one more for the win, then he pushes him into the coffin (that was about to fall off its rollers), dumps beer on him and stands on the lid. What a finish. Maybe one of the best gimmick matches in LU history that was above the level of the gimmick due to the hard work. 

After that I had to watch Mundo fight Matanza in the (haha) Sacrifice to the Gods match. Johnny was probably the most fun in his entire career in LU and the mystery that vanished when you saw Jeff Cobb's boyish good looks was still there as Matanza. The gimmick in THIS one is that Johnny has this gauntlet -- a power glove. The Segunda boys called it that and I will too, because it's a fucking power glove. It looks like they took it off a suit of armor at a Spirit Halloween, with all this padding under the clearly plastic "metal", so of course it is perfectly cheesy enough for this show. Dario wearing a beard and wig and contact lens looks on from above and I laugh and laugh. Of course they work around the glove, it gets knocked off, Johnny hides under the ring, it gets knocked into the crowd again, Matanza throws it on the roof. They work their way up to the roof with Johnny using his parkour and Matanza slams him through the roof (unconvincingly), but Johnny's in the icebox with the glove, comes out and punches him to a win. As said, perfectly cheesy. Just a riot to watch. 

And then our big finish with crazy Marty vs. Pentagon Black OM. Speaking of somebody where the magic has gone, Penta has really been exposed since LU as a lazy worker who relies on his catchphrase and hand motion to get over and this is pretty much Marty doing all the work. The character was supposed to be nuts but the real Marty Martinez has to be off because Penta clearly hands him a blade after taking it out right while the camera is staring at him doing so and he proceeds to scalp himself. I mean this might be one of the top three craziest blade jobs in this thread, the dude leaks all over the Temple, his entire head of hair is wet, his entire shirt is wet (btw when did this dude lose all the weight, he is cut under there), it's egregious. He has to wipe the blood out of his eyes at one point. When the match is over you can see where some of it is wiped off but it's started running again. They use way more crap here than in the other match, a barbed wire bat, chairs, can of gas, trash cans. Penta gets one over his head and is beaten with the bat; then they do an overhead shot and there's apparently a streak of blood shooting out onto the mat from the side of the can. Wild. Then they decide to top all of that by having Marty go face first through a pane of glass like Shane McMahon or Mr. Danger. He comes out with nasty cuts all over his hands and down his arms and then apparently signs off for most of his career by getting package piledriven through a six chair lineup. If this guy is still working then GCW needs to get his number, he will clearly do anything and look good at it too. 

I'm kind of afraid to watch the ga-ga afterwards as it looks disappointing, but they wanted to do another season and it wasn't in the cards. Almost a shame if they could end on a high note like that no matter how poor the season itself was. RIP Lucha Underground, we loved ye until we didn't. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The Brazos are awesome. Lizmark is awesome. Baby Eddie will be awesome before too long. Come for the sweet lucha, stay for the absolute gunshot wound of a blade job.

Oh hell yeah!

Ah hell why not. You can't really see Perro's bleeding until the end but he is. This is the setup to a Perro/Santito/Stuka triangle apuestas match and is suitably heated and violent. Perro starts swinging what looks like a piece of framing or something at the wrestlers and then the crowd and I think if Santito and Stuka didn't jump him while he was going at the crowd there might've been a riot. 

• Like 1

This has Miguel Perez Jr. vs. Hurrican Castillo Jr. (50:00 in) since Hurrican turned on Miguelito. Miguelito gets that cool color where it's going in streaks horizontally across half his face. Then there is an unfathomably tasteless angle with Abby attacking a nude Carlos in a shower (though it does have a cool shot of blood flowing in the shower water). At least he was using a blunt object instead of a sharp one, I guess. And after that they of course have your classic baseball stadium brawl. White table, white box truck, you know the deal. 

This is after the prior match I would presume. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention that El Profe tries to interfere in the Colon match and gets his Zubaz ripped completely off ?

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1