DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

On 5/18/2021 at 3:03 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Plus you clearly get bonus Ricky Banderas and Savio Vega so hey. 

I don't know that I've seen any Savio Vega post WWE (I may have seen him in TNA, but it's been so long).

I wonder if he's had anything standout match-wise recently. 

Ooooooo baby! D.Z put this in the other thread but boy oh boy does it belong here. If you haven't seen this whole string of matches you are missing out. 

The story: the old Karate Guys are in Zero-1 to teach the Young Lion punks some lessons, and bring in Matsunaga (who was originally a Karate Guy) to help out... but he turns on them and starts mutilating everybody. It is one of the coolest angles of all time. If you don't have time, just skip to the last match with a young Yoshihito Sasaki to see the culmination of the violence. As DEAN (or Multiple Miggs) would say, "LOOKIT THE BLOOD!"

EDIT: In case you don't know how Twitter threads work you have to click on the Tweet itself then you see all the different links. I had to figure that out myself. Don't feel bad.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'll just make it easy on everyone. Here's the final match, with the intro being a retrospective on all the chaos Matsunaga has been causing from the time the Karate guys throw up their hands and Zero-1 MAX is left to handle them by themselves. It is pure mayhem. And they use John fucking Cash's "The Man Comes Around" in the intro too.

• Like 2

At first Avisman and Eragon say, "Hey, let's do an IWRG submission, matwork match."  Ten minutes later, "Hey, let's do a Mexican bloodbath."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hmmm, I should dig up some of those. Looks like him vs. Flair down in the bottom right corner...

I think that group was Mutoh, Flair, Chono and Koshinaka.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Hmmm, I should dig up some of those. Looks like him vs. Flair down in the bottom right corner...

Despite the blood I recall it being kind of boring.

Well it is a Mutoh match. I can see the Chono and definitely the Koshinaka matches being more fired-up due to the participants. Chono wasn't too busted up then and Kosh always had good fire. 

EDIT: Of course I can't find the Chono match, and the Kosh one is JIP and has Keiji with just a drip of blood coming from a prior blading. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Crossposted from the 2021 thread. I'm pretty sure Nakajima blades but Kitamiya is all hardway, baby. Not sure why there are rope breaks in a cage match or why they start out cooperatively grappling in a match where both guys supposedly hate each other, but Japan is a foreign country. 

1 hour ago, Phil Schneider said:

That match is so fucking good

What a GD war that was. If you could beat the ugly off of someone, Bull Curry would've looked like Paul Newman by the end of it.

• Like 1