DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

On 5/14/2021 at 8:05 PM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I have a softspot for Homeless Jimmy myself. That extends to hobo characters in general, in all forms of media. I think that comes from a childhood fascination with Emmet Kelly. In college I was friendly with a guy who wrestled for PWO in Cleveland whose gimmick was Hobo Joe. And of course I'm a big backer of Vince's hobo army.

EDIT: In fact, I almost wonder if he posts here. @hobo joeare you a former Falcon?

Yeah, that's me.

I'm gonna get that soon as our move is complete out here. Read the beginning, great stuff as always. (You left out Sheik throwing the fireball at Abby in the RWTL match though haha)

Anyway, from your wheelhouse yet again, I went back reading old Segundas and found out that THESE two teams had a feud?! Oh hell yeah. 

Plus you clearly get bonus Ricky Banderas and Savio Vega so hey. 

Demonio Infernal is such a bloodsucking freak.  Here, an evil Diamante Azul and Puma King bust him open.

On 5/28/2021 at 5:23 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I don't know if there was a hotter WarGames. They just throw the kitchen sink at each other too. 

I will say, that if you could combine the top four WWE PPV main events of the past year together and compare them to this match, on almost any metric (except maybe big flashy rehearsed spots) this Wargames still has them beat. And what commentary by Jesse!

- RAF

• Like 2

We should just rename this thread An Average Match With DEMONIO INFERNAL~!  He bleeds early and copiously.

For my podcast this week I talk about the 2006 Anarchy Wargames match with Rev. Dan Wilson

https://redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/episodes/f9f0410d-08a8-4d7d-aefb-3e6ead852895

Here is the match if folks haven't watched it. It is incredible stuff, right up there with the best NWA/WCW Wargames

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 1:51 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of heat! Gotta love Michael Hayes' comment "Violence, I love it, I sleep better at night" haha.

My favorite part of that is how the Blade Runners came down "confused by Eddie's actions" since it gave them a reason to hit ringside before everyone else and run interference on the babyface cavalry once shit went south for Watts.

• Like 1