DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Cross posted because they are Portland Wrestling and they almost went 90 minutes without a Wagner power sprayer of plasma.

I think it might have been posted? After 10 full pages I have no problem with reposts and we're on 32 at this point so hey. Ten is the longest I've gone down in trying to check for a repost myself so you went beyond the call of duty for sure ?

That IWRG tag was great. There wasn't a single wrestling move the entire match (unless you count 'chair shot' -- they did a lot with the chairs though, everything looked totally reckless and nasty) and it was pretty lackadaisical but I enjoyed it. They definitely left enough sangre on the mat.

• Like 3

Also unsure of these having been shared but one is a great tag match and the other has a spot I felt was ruined by the immediate no sell but is still absolutely bonkers. Enjoy.

RWTL 1979 Final

Spoiler

Jun Kasai vs The Winger (Pain Limit 2014 Final)

Spoiler

• Like 2

More lucha! Not a ton of blood but a good match; Corsario Negro (who I've ever even heard of) treats this like it's his last match ever. If a bunch of little kids freaking out at ringside and then running in as soon as the match is called doesn't get you into it then I'm not sure if you're really a fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pro Wrestling Cinema coming through with the NFL Films versions of YOUR GCW Collective Weekender main events:

Moxley vs Barnett from Bloodsport.

Nick Gage vs Rickey Shane Page (c) for the GCW title. Spring Break.

Slow motion in Deathmatches. Really good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This showed up on the internet the other day- as Evito-X-Puro is doing God's work.  I remember this being on a compilation tape I got in like 1995 and I remember the awesome finish.  Being the 1990s and it being a comp tape, the video quality was hideous.  This is much better.  Aja Kong in a cage match sounds scary.  Bull Nakano being taught about being a psychotic lunatic by Dump Matsumoto would be waaaay scarier.  Aja attacks Bull before they even enter the cage with a pair of scissors.  Later, Bull stabs Aja in the arm with a pair of scissors.  So Bull bleeds more but Aja blades her arm.  And the finish is spectacular.  Then there is a giant crazy pull apart.  This is hardcore.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2021 at 7:34 AM, The Natural said:

R659221bc8e6ba6f23ac57ad1553eca68?rik=1Z

R2d5b2e2d7073391e12049fcae15e260b?rik=a4

Eddie Guerrero vs. JBL. Judgment Day 2004. Look at the mat!

Looking at the back to back Bloodbath's at Judgment Day, it's kinda funny that JBL was in both of them. And looking back on it these should have been the matches where he both won AND lost his WWE title. It would have told a better story and these are the matches that people remember, not the actual title changes.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 5:49 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I've never seen either guy before. Just watching the last bit I can tell there are two things up though: A lot of heat (fans invading the ring!) and a LOT of blood, with Bart having the full KOTDM Cactus mask of cherry cobbler.

Oh, you know Black Bart, sir. The Long Riders with Ron Bass and frequently JJ Dillon? Florida, Mid-Atlantic, GWF??? Brass Knux titles?!? BB is one of my low key lower tier favorites: a superb carpenter, great second partner in tags, fun promos, vigorous blader. On the other hand, Wanz has always been a grosse pile of cold schnitzel for me and never shown me anything. He was over like diner breakfast eggs, tho', and for many many years, so there's that. I lurv the whole scenario after the pin here, like a deutsche Onita thing without the crying.

- RAF

p.s. - Big shout-out to Bart's handler's super manicured and dyed sideburns, so good (y'all know how I fixate on these things).

-RAF

• Like 2

Just for @Curt McGirt and@thee Reverend Axl Future, Black Bart's World Tour of Red Cross Donations continues to South Africa and the world's hottest crowd. Bart is already spraying plasma at the start of the clip, which turns into a HOLLA HOLLA TAG TEAM MATCH after Bill Irwin and the surprisingly fun Rick Patterson (your future Leatherface) run in on Steve Simpson. Shame there's so little footage, because this makes me want to look for a whole bunch more of it.

• Like 3

Those ps'ghetti ropes look DANGERous I flinched every time some hit them. Steve Simpson is a useless pretty boy on any continent apparently. BB carries him so much he should have charged the promoter a luggage handling fee. 

I figured out one reason I like Black Bart - he has an ideal mid-level heel body and appearance. He's tall enough to make the smaller babyfaces underdogs, and still make the big faces intimidating. He's big so he's strong (wrestling logic) but he's fat so he's weaker than the gym boys. His gimmick allows him to carry gimmicks but there is room for other Western themed fan favorites to "out cowboy" him. He's hirsute so he's masculine and savage but he's balding so he's no competition for the heartthrobs. It makes sense if he wins and it makes sense if he loses.

I pretended that a young Die Antwoord were all in the crowd, cheering the local workers.

- RAF

• Like 3

13 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I figured out one reason I like Black Bart - he has an ideal mid-level heel body and appearance. He's tall enough to make the smaller babyfaces underdogs, and still make the big faces intimidating. He's big so he's strong (wrestling logic) but he's fat so he's weaker than the gym boys. His gimmick allows him to carry gimmicks but there is room for other Western themed fan favorites to "out cowboy" him. He's hirsute so he's masculine and savage but he's balding so he's no competition for the heartthrobs. It makes sense if he wins and it makes sense if he loses.

The thing that absolutely kills me about Bart is that the main reason he went to Global in the 90s was that he had a day job working on the Super Collider project. I crack up picturing him yelling at the dadgum particle accelerator to do its dadgum job and just work, dadgum it.

• Like 2