DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

On 9/28/2020 at 2:17 AM, Sawada's Cobra said:

The Headhunters vs Ivan and Vladimir Kollof, I remember first watching this during the same weekend I watched AJW Dream Slam 1 and 2.
Back then I hadn't seen all that many bloodbaths, so Hokuto vs Kandori and this were quite the eye openers for me.

Also gotta love Ivan's promo here, man I miss 90's W*ING promo's.

"Ivan Koloff and your nephew, whatever his name is..." ??

• Haha 2

Sword by the entrance at a AAA show. That has to be at Rey De Reyes. I didn’t watch this particular AAA show though(Hell I don’t remember this match happening), but I’m certain this is what this is.

The sword is the trophy they give out to the winner of the King of The Ring rip-off tournament. Nobody gets a king gimmick though if you are wondering.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

That Lawler match might be the best example of... let's say restrained or precise bloodletting in wrestling history. It was subtle but pronounced. Hard to do when you're cutting yourself with a razor blade in the context of performance art. 

Also, Scott Irwin did a good job showing his bloody fist to the camera at the end. 

• Like 2

If it weren't for the fucking docs and Charles Robinson this would have been an all-timer, they both would have been covered. As it is they didn't even really need blood though because Lesnar's strikes alone are enough to make this the most believable match possible. 

Is this the last time there was major juice in a WWE match? I know this was unexpected but they had no control over it in either occasion. 

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is this the last time there was major juice in a WWE match? I know this was unexpected but they had no control over it in either occasion. 

Trying to recall how bad Joe got busted open in that one NXT match with Finn. Also didn't Brock bust Randy open with elbows in one of their matches?

• Like 1

This here's a DEAN Special for sure. Surprise surprise, it's... MOTEGI! And he's getting the blood beat out of him by Tarzan Goto! It is totally one-sided and he bleeds all over the floor, Goto, Miyake, everything but himself which is really strange. I think we officially can have a rule now that if you bleed on either A. the floor or B. someone else your match can go here.

Someone's gonna have to tell me why they have "THE S OULOF GRASS" written on the ring apron though. Even if they meant THE SOUL OF GRASS (GLASS) that means nothing.

• Like 3

Putting this here for more Japan Indie World nostalgia. Anjo has a combination of arrogance and stupidity working against him at all times and the crowd definitely knows it. At the end Goto gets fed up and pulls out a chain and a fondue fork. The ref does the honors for Anjo. 

Oh and get this. The main event for this card was sworn enemies Hashimoto and Ogawa vs. Tenryu and... THE YETAIIIIHY! Yes indeed, good old Reese, wrestling as BB Jones (?). 

EDIT II: I guess it was actually a carving fork. I watched Alton Brown make fondue today, so hey.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 1:54 AM, Curt McGirt said:

That Lawler match might be the best example of... let's say restrained or precise bloodletting in wrestling history. It was subtle but pronounced. Hard to do when you're cutting yourself with a razor blade in the context of performance art. 

Also, Scott Irwin did a good job showing his bloody fist to the camera at the end. 

Destroyer was Bill Dromo, not Irwin.

• Like 1