DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

Those punches.

I mean, to be fair, many people here still rave over Dick Murdoch. I know he's long gone but he was fucking KKK. Some of the same people here can't say Benoit's name or get sick when thinking about him (rightfully so). 

Edit: unless you meant the general calling out within the industry as opposed to fandom/board opinion.

Edited by christopher.annino

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Frankly, the name that I haven't seen that's shocked me...  Jerry Lawler. 

How the fuck has he skated so far? 

All of his victims have aged out of Twitter's demographic. Probably still on MySpace.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

"Hi, I'm a 40-something ringrat married to a guy that you might remember from the 1980s if you were a wrestling fan and I want you to fire so-and-so because he wouldn't fuck me and said I'm as desirable as a cow flop.

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

When I start worrying about being PC or not offending people I'll be sure to post such news here. 

John, you're better than this.  At least I think so.  But damn, dude.  Calling a woman a ring rat and insulting her desirability in a thread about this exact type of treatment of women is incredibly tone deaf. 

And throwing out terms like "PC" as a pejorative makes you come off as not much better than the guys defending shitty behavior.  As in "yeah I called that bitch a slut but don't be so fucking PC bro!"  People who decry "pc culture" are usually the people who just want to be racist/sexist/etc. without being called out on it.

Your comments are exactly the kind of stuff that probably every single guy accused in this thing would say, and I don't think that's your intent.  You'll probably triple down and tell me to fuck off, and that's fine.  This thread's getting locked again anyway with shit like this.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 20

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

When I start worrying about being PC or not offending people I'll be sure to post such news here. 

Well we can chat when you get back from your timeout

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

So moving on from that (I love the guy but yeesh) I do want to thank @saveholmes for not only a list but in alphabetical order.  It did make me regret asking and it has nothing to do with you providing that.  Seeing that there's tons more that I didn't know about in various levels of trouble is very concerning to me.  I'm not going to post shit like I did Tuesday (it got to me pretty good then) but holy hell the sooner all this gets sorted out the better.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 8

I stepped away from pro wrestling sometime around 2009 or so. A lot of it had to do with me starting to train Brazilian Jiu-JItsu in late 2008 and as I became completely obsessed with training and watching grappling competitions I found I couldn't enjoy pro wrestling anymore. I just couldn't separate it and seeing these guys put on triangles where there was enough room to drive a truck through or dudes supposedly in a choke for a full minute and not going to sleep was too much. I even went so far as to sell my entire DVD collection which included quite a few Japanese DVDs and Best ofs from WWE and many indie feds and also included every ROH show through 2008. 

A three years ago when we moved into our new house I stumbled across NJPW on AXS and I was hooked again, but I was only watching NJPW. Then when AEW saw the departure of Kenny Omega, I began watching them too and then a good friend convinced me to start watching NXT. I briefly began watching Impact when it replaced NJPW and some MLW too, they did not last long and I greatly missed NJPW being on my TV. Then fucking COVID hits and the next thing I know, I'm subscribing to the WWE Network and watching my way through every TakeOver as well as checking out a lot of the docs as well.

As I delved back into wrestling one thing I particularly enjoyed was listening to some of the podcasts. Especially Jericho's if he has a good guest. So today I'm listening to him with Mike Chioda and there was just so many mentions of BACK IN THE DAY, RIBS, THE BOYS, DON'T BE A SNITCH! And it just made me fucking nauseous. Like this whole fucking don't snitch bullshit is what emboldens all these fucking assholes. 

And have I just missed it or have ZERO of the fucking PWG guys come out against Joey Ryan? I keep checking Excalibur's twitter and nothing?! Also, I think he's a total prick, but did a lot of the Austin Aries stuff turn out to be BS? And what did Bryce Remsburg do? 

Here's me hoping for fucks sake nothing comes out on Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan or fucking Fergal Devitt/Finn Balor.

• Like 4

It took them way too long but I'm happy to see Impact finally acting on those 'allegations'. Elgin and Tessa both exemplify the old school rasslin bully mentality and worse. Elgin I hope is gone for good but is there a path for Tessa to come back from being this shitty and unapologetic or is she cooked too? Full disclosure: I was a fan but don't care if she ever comes back.

• Like 1

Tessa being only 24 years old, there's a decent chance she gets to at least attempt a redemption deal somewhere.

Just now, AxB said:

Tessa being only 24 years old, there's a decent chance she gets to at least attempt a redemption deal somewhere.

If she has no non-compete, if and when this COVID-19 thing is over, she's getting a deal upon "completion of sensitivity training". 

52 minutes ago, WholeFnMachine said:

I stepped away from pro wrestling sometime around 2009 or so. A lot of it had to do with me starting to train Brazilian Jiu-JItsu in late 2008 and as I became completely obsessed with training and watching grappling competitions I found I couldn't enjoy pro wrestling anymore. I just couldn't separate it and seeing these guys put on triangles where there was enough room to drive a truck through or dudes supposedly in a choke for a full minute and not going to sleep was too much. I even went so far as to sell my entire DVD collection which included quite a few Japanese DVDs and Best ofs from WWE and many indie feds and also included every ROH show through 2008. 

A three years ago when we moved into our new house I stumbled across NJPW on AXS and I was hooked again, but I was only watching NJPW. Then when AEW saw the departure of Kenny Omega, I began watching them too and then a good friend convinced me to start watching NXT. I briefly began watching Impact when it replaced NJPW and some MLW too, they did not last long and I greatly missed NJPW being on my TV. Then fucking COVID hits and the next thing I know, I'm subscribing to the WWE Network and watching my way through every TakeOver as well as checking out a lot of the docs as well.

As I delved back into wrestling one thing I particularly enjoyed was listening to some of the podcasts. Especially Jericho's if he has a good guest. So today I'm listening to him with Mike Chioda and there was just so many mentions of BACK IN THE DAY, RIBS, THE BOYS, DON'T BE A SNITCH! And it just made me fucking nauseous. Like this whole fucking don't snitch bullshit is what emboldens all these fucking assholes. 

And have I just missed it or have ZERO of the fucking PWG guys come out against Joey Ryan? I keep checking Excalibur's twitter and nothing?! Also, I think he's a total prick, but did a lot of the Austin Aries stuff turn out to be BS? And what did Bryce Remsburg do? 

Here's me hoping for fucks sake nothing comes out on Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan or fucking Fergal Devitt/Finn Balor.

Welcome back, @WholeFnMachine. Great seeing you my friend.

• Like 1

This is a bit off topic, but isn't Tessa gone from Impact because she didn't send them an interview video for the show/they were realizing she wasn't going to come in to drop the belt/her contract is about to expire anyway? So that just cut their losses. I was under the impression it had nothing to do with the racism, et al.

15 hours ago, OSJ said:

Ah, remember those days when we just made fun of him for wearing his pyjamas in public and doing unnecessary moonsaults after a match was over? When did he morph from stupid goof to truly evil bastard?

Probably in the early 2010's when he thought that pimping and drug dealing was an okay way to make a living when not wrestling.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-sports/the-rise-and-fall-of-wrestlings-weed-dealing-cat-breeding-phenom-188399/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

This is a bit off topic, but isn't Tessa gone from Impact because she didn't send them an interview video for the show/they were realizing she wasn't going to come in to drop the belt/her contract is about to expire anyway? So that just cut their losses. I was under the impression it had nothing to do with the racism, et al.

D. All of the above.

2 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

And have I just missed it or have ZERO of the fucking PWG guys come out against Joey Ryan?

I'm just a guy with the PWG logo in my avatar so I could be biased, but Meltzer mentioned that Joey's closest friends in the business had no idea and they're all stunned and bummed out.  The impression is that he hid that shit, which is really creepy. 

I mean yeah, everybody could be lying, but PWG has a reputation for stopping booking guys when they become known as shitbags (Elgin, Callihan).

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

D. All of the above.

Oh definitely all the things I listed. I just don't think her racism played a role, considering they responded to it by still putting the world title on her and continuing to build the entire promotion around her until the pandemic and her decision to stay in Mexico.

I mean, I just don't buy that Impact suddenly decided they care about what she said and did, except where it effected them personally.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Oh definitely all the things I listed. I just don't think her racism played a role, considering they responded to it by still putting the world title on her and continuing to build the entire promotion around her until the pandemic and her decision to stay in Mexico.

I mean, I just don't buy that Impact suddenly decided they care about what she said and did, except where it effected them personally.

Look at the Impact thread. I echoed those exact same sentiments.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'm just a guy with the PWG logo in my avatar so I could be biased, but Meltzer mentioned that Joey's closest friends in the business had no idea and they're all stunned and bummed out.  The impression is that he hid that shit, which is really creepy. 

I mean yeah, everybody could be lying, but PWG has a reputation for stopping booking guys when they become known as shitbags (Elgin, Callihan).

Sociopaths and predators can be deceptively charismatic, sadly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Also her contract is up in July anyway (can’t believe it’s been two years). They tried working out a deal for her to drop the title and couldn’t, so bye bye. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3