DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Hey, the women are fine so far. Gibson & Amir Jordan also seem to be decent.

This is also true. Sorry, I should have expounded on my statement.

There is more to all of this, but the [simplified] big takeaways of accusations and actions actually taken by the companies their associated with:

- Joey Ryan has a lot of people that came out about him being a creep through messages and groping. He was edited out of BTE 199. Also fired from Impact. Bar wrestling has closed.

- Marty Scrull was accused of having sex with a 16 year old, which he tweets wasn’t illegal. He was also edited out of BTE 199. ROH is investigating.

- Chikara has closed down after several staff and wrestlers resigned amid multiple accusations towards Quackenbush and others.

- Kongo Kong apologizes for forcing another less experienced worker to expose themselves backstage at a show. In a tweet he thought they were friends and it was hazing.

- Several European workers have had numerous accusations made. @Eivioninformed me of accusations involving abuse, sexual assault, and grooming. The names involved are David Starr, Travis Banks, and Jordan Devlin, among other workers. BBC reported police are carrying out “initial inquiries” on the accusations.

- Sammy Guevara made a poor taste rape joke about Sasha Banks a few years ago, on a podcast. He is off TV for the time being and will take sensitivity training. Apologized to Sasha privately and on his YouTube.

- Jimmy Havoc was accused of rape and harassment by numerous women. He is in rehab currently. AEW released a statement about him being in rehab.

- Jack Gallagher was released from the WWE for allegedly following a woman into the bathroom and attempting to rip their clothes off. Also numerous other similar accusations.

- Dave Crist is accused of sexually abusing his at the time gf, repeatedly. Also numerous other similar accusations. He was released from Impact.

With all of these I’ve done my best to say “accused” and mention because actions were taken against them (or in the case of Kongo Kong, admitted on Twitter). There are more people being accused. I don’t want to state everyone accused in this, moreso those that have either been released or disciplined. More accusations and cases of assault and bullying are out there

——

I will HOWEVER mention these cases, which are topical but to my knowledge haven’t had an official statement on or weren’t let go, currently.

- Velveteen Dream is still an alleged pedo, which has come up before.

- Matt Riddle is accused of forcing a sex act and threatening a woman. Riddle and his wife are claiming to have a restraining order on her already and state she is a stalker. More info is coming out of him being a creep and I’m behind on the details. 

- Jim Cornette and his wife are accused of pressuring workers to have sex with his wife. If they didn’t play along the wife [is accused of] doing shady things to make said workers life tough. He claimed his sex life is interesting on his podcast. Another worker came out to corroborate the allegations and alleged that Cornette is contacting them with his attorney.

IT IS ALSO WORTH NOTING

- The Human Tornado accused Marq Quen of sending nude photos, however it ended up being a false claim as a joke.

If I’m wrong, please correct me. I’m not trying to stir anything. Just attempting to be on point and understand some of the things that has happened. 

Edited by OctopusCinema
1st Edit: Rephrasing European workers section and adding accusations to Jimmy Havoc, Dave Crist, and Jack G
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Scurll is also an alleged Pedo, but given how RoH has handled their last 2 investigations on personel wrongdoing, I expect Marty to have an ownership stake by next friday.

From everything that's come out the last few days, not only is Scurll a nasty perv, but also a total idiot. Yeah, RoH will likely name him commissioner before this is done. Jerks.

Thanks for the recap, @OctopusCinema I also remember fools like El Ligero and Jordan Devlin being accused of stuff and then there's various promoters and less-known UK wrestlers that have done shitty things.  It kind of makes me glad I never got invested in the UK scene much or WWE UK.  I saw their stuff up the the first Takeover and then I stopped soon after that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

- Several European workers were supposedly creeps. You’ll have to look up the details but I believe accusations involve David Starr, Travis Banks, and Jordan Devlin. BBC reported police are carrying out “initial inquiries” on the accusations.

The accusations range from grooming to abuse to sexual assault. Being a creep is putting it just a bit too mildly.

49 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

- Jack Gallagher was released from the WWE for allegedly following a woman into the bathroom and attempting to rip their clothes off.

There were apparently multiple sexual assault accusations. Want to say its the same with Crist and Havoc as well.

Also more than NXT UK guys have been named. It seems like this was an issue with the UK/European scene in general with promoters either being aware or straight up involved with some of the abuse. Saraya Knight decided to retire and lawyer up after multiple allegations came out about her and her family's abusive training.

Edited by Eivion

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The accusations range from grooming to abuse to sexual assault. Being a creep is putting it just a bit too mildly.

There were apparently multiple sexual assault accusations. Want to say its the same with Crist and Havoc as well.

Thank you very much for the update. I’ll edit accordingly.

The accused:

Aaron Epic (second accuser)

Abel Stevens

Adam Gismondi

Adam Lash

Alex Box

Alex Castle

Alex Cuevas (second accuser) {third accuser)

Alex Cupid

Alex Shane (second accuser) {third accuser)

Alexander Dean

Amasis

Andy Dalton (second accuser) (third accuser)

Andy Simmonz

Austin Aries (second accuser)

Austin Theory

Ayden Cristiano

Bart Kapitzke

Bea Priestly

Big Grizzly Steve Griffiths (second accuser)

Big Zeus

Bram

Brandon Espinosa

Brandon Stroud (second accuser) (third accuser) (Archive Part 1)

Bravehart (David Low)

Brian Dixon

Brian Fury

Brock Lesnar

Bryan Idol (Earl Cooter)

Bryce Remsburg (second accuser)

Bull James

Buster Jackson

Byron Wilcott (Big Daddy Yum Yum) (second accuser)

Chase Owens

Chasyn Rance

Chaz Herrera

Chris Hamrick

Chris Roberts

Cieran Donnelly

Colt Cabana

Craig West

Crixus (Luke Scoular)

Curt Stallion

Cyanide

Dameon Slugga

Damien Darling

Damian Dunne

Dan Maff (second accuser)

Daniel Edler (second accuser)

Daniel Randall

Danny Hudson (second accuser) (third accuser) (fourth accuser)

Danny O'Doherty (Archive Part 1) (Archive Part 2)

Darby Allin (second accuser) (third accuser) (Archive Part 1)

Darkside

Darrell Allen (second accuser)

Dave Crist (second accuser) (third accuser) (fourth accuser)

Dave Lagana

David Graves

David Starr (second accuser)

Declan Kellett

DJ Hyde (second accuser) (third accuser) (fourth accuser)

El Ligero (second accuser) (third accuser) (fourth accuser)

Eli Everfly

Eric Corvis

Firebird Kelvin Stevenson

Francisco Ciatso

Frank Miller

Gabe Sapolsky (second accuser)

Gary Vanderhorne

Gene Okerlund

Glen Joseph

Greg Burridge

Hade Vansen

Harrison Bourne

Harvey Dale

Henry T. Grodd

Icarus

Irvin Legend

Jack Gallagher (second accuser)

Jack Sexsmith

Jam O'Malley

James Davis (second accuser)

James Finn

James Gallagher

James R. Kennedy (Archive Part 1)

Jason Saint

Jason Skinner

Jay Bradley

Jay Lethal

Jeff Duncan

Jim Cornette and Stacey Cornette (second accuser)

Jimmy Havoc (second accuser) (third accuser)

Joe Coffey

Joel Allen

Joey Axl

Joey Ozbourne

Joey Ryan (second accuser) (third accuser) (fourth accuser) (fifth accuser) (sixth accuser) (seventh accuser) (eighth accuser) {ninth accuser) (tenth accuser) (eleventh accuser) (twelfth accuser) (thirteenth accuser) (fourteenth accuser) (fifteenth accuser) (sixteenth accuser)

Johnathan Wolf

John Parker

John Zorthos

Jonny Storm

Jordan Chase

Jordan Devlin (Archive Part 1) (Archive Part 2) (Archive Part 3)

Josh Bodom (second accuser)

Josh Briggs

Justin Roberts (Archive Part 1)

Kayam

Kid Fite

Killian Jacobs

Kimo (Steven Balla)

Kindred Kymari

Kobald (Anthony Wilson) (second accuser) (third accuser) (fourth accuser)

Kongo Kong

Kyle Hawk (second accuser)

Kyle Kraynick

Lanny Poffo

Larry Dallas

Lewis Girvan

Lucus Steel

Malcom Monroe III

Mance Warner

Marc "Paz" Perry (second accuser)

Mark Adam Haggerty

Mark Dallas

Markus Crane

Martin Zaki (second accuser) (third accuser)

Marty Scurll (second accuser)

Matt Riddle (second accuser) (third accuser)

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Michael Elgin

Mick Romeo

Mike King

Mike Quackenbush (second accuser) (third accuser) (fourth accuser) (fifth accuser) (sixth accuser) (seventh accuser)

Mikey Whiplash (second accuser)

Monsta Mack

Nick Ashberry

Orlando Jordan (second accuser)

Pablo Marquez

Paul Littlewood

Paul Robinson

Peter Staniforth

Peter Versosa

Prince Asad

Pyro (Alex Pownall)

Raven

Ricardo Rodriguez (second accuser)

Rick Cataldo

Rob Teutul

Ross Watson

Russell Dempster

Ryan Smile

Sal Hamaoui

Samantha Heights

Sammy Guevara (second accuser)

Sanjay Bagga

Saraya Knight (second accuser) (third accuser)

Scotty Davis

Sid Scala

Slyck Wagner Brown

Stephen Hughes (detailed story)

Steve DeMarco

Steven Fludder (Archive Part 1)

Stixx {Paul Grint) (Archive Part 1) (Archive Part 2) (Archive Part 3)

Suede Thompson

Super Beetle

Tatanka

Teddy Hart (second accuser)

Tiger McGuigan (Archive Part 1) (Archive Part 2) (Archive Part 3)

Tim Birkett

Travis Banks (second accuser)

Trent Seven (second accuser)

Trevin Adams

Tripp Cassidy

Tukay (Kane Thomas)

Tyler Bate (second accuser) (third accuser) (Archive Part 1) (Archive Part 2)

Urban Warrior (Ron Wilkinson)

Velveteen Dream (second accuser)

Vince McMahon

Vince Russo (Archive Part 1) (Archive Part 2)

Will Ospreay

Wolfgang (Archive Part 1)

Xander Cooper

Zachary Cooper

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10

1 minute ago, OctopusCinema said:

Thank you very much for the update. I’ll edit accordingly.

Cool.

In the case of Dream it seem like there was grooming and sending nude pics to minors. There was originally just one a couple of months back where things seemed a bit murky, but others have come forward.

In Riddle's case I believe he got the same treatment Devlin did in WWE supposedly doing an investigation.

There are other UK names that haven't come out, because they were already part of an ongoing police investigation. 

8 hours ago, OSJ said:

Oh yeah, and Jim Cornette likes to have sex, not that you want to take such an image with you throughout the day.

Yeah, let’s just whittle the accusations against he and his wife down to “he likes to have sex”.

?

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Yeah, let’s just whittle the accusations against he and his wife down to “he likes to have sex”.

?

I was being sarcastic. I assume that most everyone here is quite familiar with the Cornette stories. Some of it is a little suspect and Jim is a pretty polarizing figure when he's on his best behavior, but as we're seeing, where there's smoke there seems to be fire at least in most of these cases.  Still, it bears repeating that MOST of the allegations aren't about Jim but about Stacey, (no matter how much Jim has tried to take a bullet for her on his show). The part that doesn't make sense to me is that they were supposedly doing this shit in OVW when OVW had no connection real or imagined to anything else. This is akin to saying "Blow me and I'll get you a gig next week at the VFW Hall for twenty bucks and all the beer you can drink!" It just doesn't make any sense, according to the stated timeline Jim Cornette had about as much influence on WWE as I do, which isn't much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Austin Theory also apparently a pedo as well. 

I recall a show that dealt with Austin Theory before he was known and he seemed to be pretty much a clueless jock, that he's orders of magnitude worse than that isn't a real big surprise. Something about the dude seemed off even then. My wife is one of those people who can read the creeps of the world like a book and even she said "There's something wrong with that kid!"

8 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I was being sarcastic. I assume that most everyone here is quite familiar with the Cornette stories. Some of it is a little suspect and Jim is a pretty polarizing figure when he's on his best behavior, but as we're seeing, where there's smoke there seems to be fire at least in most of these cases.  Still, it bears repeating that MOST of the allegations aren't about Jim but about Stacey, (no matter how much Jim has tried to take a bullet for her on his show). The part that doesn't make sense to me is that they were supposedly doing this shit in OVW when OVW had no connection real or imagined to anything else. This is akin to saying "Blow me and I'll get you a gig next week at the VFW Hall for twenty bucks and all the beer you can drink!" It just doesn't make any sense, according to the stated timeline Jim Cornette had about as much influence on WWE as I do, which isn't much.

They don’t need a connection to any big promotion to scare these indie workers into thinking that the legendary Jim Cornette could potentially squash them getting bookings with anyone in the near future.

It’s the same situation as Ospreay and Pollyanna. He got her removed from a smaller indie show just because of who he is and how much weight his name carries.

That’s not even mentioning Stacey trying to get people fired from their real jobs or get them kicked out of their apartments.

Edited by Casey

9 minutes ago, zendragon said:

People seem to think that Janela knew about Joey Ryan and Teddy Hart and looked the other way while booking them

Well yeah, obviously.

Money over morals.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Seriously, everyone and there mother knew about Teddy Hart. The guy may or may not have killed a former girlfriend that went missing when he was in Mexico. It isn't new news. Anyone that books him is scum.

Ah, remember those days when we just made fun of him for wearing his pyjamas in public and doing unnecessary moonsaults after a match was over? When did he morph from stupid goof to truly evil bastard?

45 minutes ago, Casey said:

They don’t need a connection to any big promotion to scare these indie workers into thinking that the legendary Jim Cornette could potentially squash them getting bookings with anyone in the near future.

It’s the same situation as Ospreay and Pollyanna. He got her removed from a smaller indie show just because of who he is and how much weight his name carries.

That’s not even mentioning Stacey trying to get people fired from their real jobs or get them kicked out of their apartments.

While I fully agree that the malice is real, I can't for a second seriously believe that anyone would pay much attention to anything that Stacey Cornette has to say. "Hi, I'm a 40-something ringrat married to a guy that you might remember from the 1980s if you were a wrestling fan and I want you to fire so-and-so because he wouldn't fuck me and said I'm as desirable as a cow flop. Oh, and please kick so-and-so out of your garage apt because he won't get in my hot tub, or at least won't if I'm in there!" I can imagine that conversation going real well for Mrs. Cornette. 

2 minutes ago, Morganti said:

While i agree with the jist of your comment OSJ, calling Stacey Cornette a "ringrat" in this thread is kinda not ok.

When I start worrying about being PC or not offending people I'll be sure to post such news here. 

• Like 4

I don’t agree with anything he’s been saying, since she’s already very nearly gotten someone kicked out of their home, and has harassed and filed complaints with others at their day-to-day job.

Sounds like you don’t believe the stories, which is fine, just come out and say it. This shit about not believing Stacey could call an employer or someone’s landlord and file complaints and harass... just, what?

Yeah, uh, okay, sure.

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don’t agree with anything he’s been saying, since she’s already very nearly gotten someone kicked out of their home, and has harassed and filed complaints with others at their day-to-day job.

Sounds like you don’t believe the stories, which is fine, just come out and say it. This shit about not believing Stacey could call an employer or someone’s landlord and file complaints and harass... just, what?

Yeah, uh, okay, sure.

I didn't say that I don't believe it. What I don't believe is that anyone would take Stacey Cornette seriously and if someone were to they have the IQ of a housefly.

• Like 1