DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

It's kind of fitting it's storming tonight. Feels like a dark cloud has been hanging overhead since late last week. I catch up on shows but it all just feels hollow right now.  While not intending to tonight I'm gonna need a good strong drink. 

The shitty thing is this is just the latest example of why 2020 really fucking sucks. From COVID to the protests to this we've been in the middle of a shit sandwich. This fucking sucks and while I hope next year is better who the hell knows. But I do know that being slow at work and catching this all day might not have been the best for me.

But I also look ahead at what what may be by this time next year. Hopefully COVID will be in the past, maybe some real progress will happen from the protests and wrestling might be in better shape with all the shitheads outta there. Whether that all happens who knows, but I guess even with these dark clouds it can't hurt to look for the sun. 

I'm sure this might be dramatic nonsense. Wouldn't surprise me if it is. But no matter how much we think we have the answers we don't have shit. Same goes for me as all this has left me in a constant state of shock. I'm just trying to figure this out myself. But these are my hopefully not pointless thoughts.  Have a good night, all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, and this doesn't need to be limited to sexual assault or abusive comments. It's been brought up repeatedly, but the hazing of wrestlers in WWE and elsewhere, JBL soaping people's butts in the shower or taping them down in the shower, abusive training practices (whether if that's the stuff Hugh Morris did or other trainers did/do), and just bullying in general (the shit Tessa and others have done) needs to be brought to light.

What JBL was doing was sexual assault. 

And fuck Marty Scurll. That statement is a load of horseshit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

The London/Kendrick video makes me think that if we got more wrestlers drunk on camera, we would be horrified with the stories...

Google "Wrestling Sleaze Thread" and remember that at least 50% of it is true. I'm 60 years old and a professional horror writer so it takes a LOT to make me horrified. Sick to my stomach, that's a different story... And trust me on this, I've heard enough first and second hand stories from people in the biz that I could easily go through a roll of Tums just thinking about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

What JBL was doing was sexual assault. 

And fuck Marty Scurll. He is a load of horseshit.

FIFY

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Now every time anyone mentions Ospreay all I can think of is him breaking his crotch doing the splits. Fitting. 

If only...

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Okay so here's the thing with that

16 is legal over there

15 isn't and that's what he's being accused of.

16 being legal is fucking gross btw

You should see what it is in France. Don't google it, you'll end up on a watchlist somewhere. I'll just tell you it's 14.

There was an incident where a (married, in his 30s) teacher groomed one of his pupils (she was 15) and eventually they eloped and went on the run together. Hid out in France, but they were found, arrested and deported to the UK where he was arrested and she was returned to her parents. The British media covered it in terms of "This pervert should never be let near children again". The French media thought it was romantic.

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

You should see what it is in France. Don't google it, you'll end up on a watchlist somewhere. I'll just tell you it's 14.

There was an incident where a (married, in his 30s) teacher groomed one of his pupils (she was 15) and eventually they eloped and went on the run together. Hid out in France, but they were found, arrested and deported to the UK where he was arrested and she was returned to her parents. The British media covered it in terms of "This pervert should never be let near children again". The French media thought it was romantic.

The only thing wrong with France is that it is filled with the French.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

Honestly a lot of UK wrestlers have come across that way recently. As I’ve seen numerous times the last few days Pete Dunne seems to be one of the few decent ones. 

Yeah... either he's super non-observant, or he's turned so many blind eyes to seriously dodgy shit that he's basically complicit. All the stuff about a fifteen year old Millie McKenzie being the girlfriend of here trainer, the thirty year old Travis Banks? He was an assistant trainer. It was Pete Dunne's school. And the other trainer there was human sewage Martin Zaki.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

The only thing wrong with France is that it is filled with the French.

John - you think you are being funny but you are not

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

John - you think you are being funny but you are not

Sorry, I get on a roll, they can't all be winners...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

For further context, here's Aries from earlier today in what struck me as someone potentially looking to get ahead of a story:

Signing off with "Love and Light" gave it away. I don't trust anybody who uses that term.

Remember Aries was fined for doing this

Spoiler

austin-aries-crotch-christy-hemme.gif

So yeah - I am not gonna feign surprise at his name being brought up. The only thing less shocking today was Ron Jeremy being charged with rape.

(Spoiler because the gif is posting larger than I expected)

11 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Signing off with "Love and Light" gave it away. I don't trust anybody who uses that term.

Even if they come back from the dead six times?

51 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's kind of fitting it's storming tonight. Feels like a dark cloud has been hanging overhead since late last week. I catch up on shows but it all just feels hollow right now.  While not intending to tonight I'm gonna need a good strong drink. 

The shitty thing is this is just the latest example of why 2020 really fucking sucks. From COVID to the protests to this we've been in the middle of a shit sandwich. This fucking sucks and while I hope next year is better who the hell knows. But I do know that being slow at work and catching this all day might not have been the best for me.

But I also look ahead at what what may be by this time next year. Hopefully COVID will be in the past, maybe some real progress will happen from the protests and wrestling might be in better shape with all the shitheads outta there. Whether that all happens who knows, but I guess even with these dark clouds it can't hurt to look for the sun. 

I'm sure this might be dramatic nonsense. Wouldn't surprise me if it is. But no matter how much we think we have the answers we don't have shit. Same goes for me as all this has left me in a constant state of shock. I'm just trying to figure this out myself. But these are my hopefully not pointless thoughts.  Have a good night, all. 

Yeah, while this has and will continue to be an incredibly trying time for so many, I feel like the world will be a better place as a result of this. This has been going on for decades and finally people are trying to put a stop to it. Systems so deeply entrenched and established resist and co-op change but this feels different. I'm sure we aren't a hop and a skip away from utopia but people are tired of being tired and I'm thankful there are so many people who are wanting to put an end to systemic issues plaguing our societies. Fuck 2020? Naw, fuck what we've been living with for centuries (racism, sexism, sexual violence, white supremacy, etc.). I feel like this doesn't happen without COVID, certainly not to the extent it is happening. All of this time, frustration, uncertainty, economic hardships, loss has led to introspection and a resolve for change I've not seen in my 34 years of existence. I know the establishment will do its best to hijack these movements and water them down to the point of futility, but the long game that isn't going to fly. I have the utmost respect for these people. It's about time we were slapped the fuck up from our shitass slumber.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I logged on to the F4W board to find context to a DZ post (lol) and the first thing at the top of the board is "link to support Sammy Guevara" (not so lol). 

I just want to thank this board for not being that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1