DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 6/10/2020

Dolfan in NYC

On tap for tonight:

Karrion Kross and Scarlett appear

The new era of NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai begins

Finn Balor vs. Cameron Grimes

NXT Champion Adam Cole vs. Dexter Lumis in a non-title match

Tonight definitely felt like a table setting episode with a bunch of matches set up for the foreseeable future.  No surprise that Finn/Grimes was the best match of the night.  They're definitely strapping the rocket on Cross if they're already teasing a match with him and Cole.

• Like 1

Lee/Yim vs. Gargano/LaRae was actually fun while it lasted.

The backstage stuff with Grimes was the most I have enjoyed Grimes since he came to NXT. He was a wonderful sleazy asshole. Lived him trying to get out the Balor match.

Dakota/Kacy was fun. Was nice to see Kayden try to make the save and even have some success before Raquel destroyed her.

Fantasma revealing himself as Santos Escobar was neat.

UE vs. Lumis was amusing at times. I did love a supposedly knocked out Lumis coming alive to choke out Cole.

What happened to the term "Interim Cruiserweight Champion"? Isn't Jordan Devlin still the actual belt holder?

1 hour ago, AxB said:

What happened to the term "Interim Cruiserweight Champion"? Isn't Jordan Devlin still the actual belt holder?

Yeah unless Drake is winning the title before Devlin and the rest of the UK guys come back to the US, I think they rushed the angle too much.  

Also kind of confused that the people who were hijacked were actually part of the group.   I think Mendoza was the first one "kidnapped" by 2 people.  Assuming that Fantasma was one of the guys, were they kidnapping their own people or are they actually more of them?   

Also the Triple H narrative that he likes to unmask people because they "too good looking" for a mask doesn't really apply in this case.  

• Like 1

I am not sure who should be more pissed off by Keith Lee's burst of concern over nearly crushing Candace:  her husband or Mia Yim?

At lest Finn called Lee out so Keith will finally have an opportunity to defend his belt.

I am never good with luchadores unmasking without losing a contra mascara match first.

I like Karrion Kross being beyond good and evil and taking aim at Adam Cole's title.  Tick Tock, Bay Bay.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am not sure who should be more pissed off by Keith Lee's burst of concern over nearly crushing Candace:  her husband or Mia Yim?

At lest Finn called Lee out so Keith will finally have an opportunity to defend his belt.

I am never good with luchadores unmasking without losing a contra mascara match first.

I like Karrion Kross being beyond good and evil and taking aim at Adam Cole's title.  Tick Tock, Bay Bay.

To be fair, EHD Fantasma *did* lose one of those a year ago.

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Also the Triple H narrative that he likes to unmask people because they "too good looking" for a mask doesn't really apply in this case.  

I have never heard this one. When did he say this? The only similar thing I recall hearing about was Steph wanting to unmask Ultimo Dragon because she thought he was too good looking during his stint in WWE.

The WWE will forever search for another Rey Mysterio while wasting current Mysterio and unmasking every possible Rey Mysterio. The repetition is comforting. 

I really want Cameron Grimes to just stop everything he's doing with that character. I mean, he was goofy as Trevor Lee as well but it's just so over-the-top. 

I've been cold on Balor for a while because he seemed to be in sleepwalk mode but he's been good the last few weeks. 

I'm with hammerva, there originally was 2 Luchadore goons... which means even if Fantasma was one, there's still another unrevealed Luchadore. Either that or Fantasma is a Latino Time Lord who can execute a bootstrap paradox.

Roderick Strong is a face amongst heels: he's a devoted family man who will lower himself and wallow in the muck of heeldom because he's the best bro anyone can have, he will be there for his bros no questions asked. Also, he maybe the last straight-man on the NXT roster.

• Like 1

Not to carry WWE's water too much, but who came to WWE as a masked wrestler without losing a wager match? Andrade, Carrillo and Santos/Fantasma did.

I know remasking in a different territory isn't as frowned upon as it used to be, but still if a guy lost the mask, then no need to put it back on.