DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Atticus Cogar  Pittsburgh Indy worker who has been working GCW, Beyond, and a few other promotions lately has just committed career suicide by posting an "all cops are pigs sticker"     I get people will believe what they want but for someone who wants to move forward in pro wrestling to post something like that is extremely dumb and short sighted.    

21 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Fox Sports is gonna run Survivor Series '96 on Tuesday night. Pretty random choice, but I'll take it. I haven't seen the great Hart/Austin match in a while.

Absolutely fantastic match, plus Mankind/Taker and one of the great Sid Vicious performances. Have fun!

Edited by Godfrey

I'll never get sick of Sid's entrance at SurSer '96. The energy in MSG is amazing. One of the best pops/crowd reactions ever, and Sid coming out intense and commanding the crowd like he did while walking down the aisle is amazing.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Atticus Cogar  Pittsburgh Indy worker who has been working GCW, Beyond, and a few other promotions lately has just committed career suicide by posting an "all cops are pigs sticker"     I get people will believe what they want but for someone who wants to move forward in pro wrestling to post something like that is extremely dumb and short sighted.    

If he wants to go to WWE then that might be career suicide, but if he's happy where he is on the indies, I don't see many places cutting ties. Being a MAGA hat Confederate flag guy would probably mess up your chances more.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Dude, no. Just no.

For one, Cogar's gimmick is straight up anti authority cult murderer that wears people's faces. Secondly, his finger is on the pulse. That's how an entire generation feels right now. Guess you haven't seen any twitter trends, news articles, or protesting in the past two weeks? Weird. If anything more people are going to be searching out his stuff now. And lastly, Cogar is really fucking good. And quality is more important than anything in the wrestling business. For fuck's sake man there's people that have done real life criminal and immoral things that national wrestling companies have no issues looking past. A "fuck pigs" sticker is legit like the least offensive thing I've ever seen anyone clutch their pearls over on this board lol.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Dude, no. Just no.

For one, Cogar's gimmick is straight up anti authority cult murderer that wears people's faces. Secondly, his finger is on the pulse. That's how an entire generation feels right now. Guess you haven't seen any twitter trends, news articles, or protesting in the past two weeks? Weird. If anything more people are going to be searching out his stuff now. And lastly, Cogar is really fucking good. And quality is more important than anything in the wrestling business. For fuck's sake man there's people that have done real life criminal and immoral things that national wrestling companies have no issues looking past. A "fuck pigs" sticker is legit like the least offensive thing I've ever seen anyone clutch their pearls over on this board lol.

guess you have no idea who the promoter is for his home promotion. Huge Trump fan. Already talking about his push being derailed.   I get how some feel, if you look at his tweet it got 0 likes and 0 responses.  

Also some of my good friends are NYPD. Not all cops are bad. It's also not a "Fuck Pigs sticker"  go look at it. But we will see how far Cogar gets. 

Pissing off the local douchebag Trump-supporting promoter =/= committing "career suicide."

You've been criticized for your very intense, and seemingly unwarranted, hatred of certain women on here. If you don't see this as a "read the room" moment, well, you probably never will get it. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 10

I know Justin Plummer just fine. He's a good dude. And IWC is a great place to work. But if he decides to let Cogar go, it's not going to be that big of a hurdle for Cogar's career. He'll just have more free dates to take GCW shots, and other further away bookings that will help him grow as a performer.

Again WWE, Impact, New Japan, ROH, AEW, MLW, NWA... all of them employ people on the reg that have done much worse than what Cogar's done. It's irrelevant. It's a sticker. The owner of WWE allegedly helped cover up a murder for one of his performers for christ's sake lol. You think a mean sticker is gonna make anyone there blink?

• Like 2

If you're a featured player in GCW (which Cogar is), you're basically a national level indie star. You've outgrown your home promotion, and are doing them a favour by still working shows.

• Like 2

I posted it in the Backlash thread but here is the full blurb from WON on Edge's injury

Adam Copeland suffered a torn triceps on 6/7 when filming his match with Randy Orton that will take place on tonight's Backlash show.

The injury, like the result of the match, was kept quiet throughout WWE but Fightful.com reported it today and others in WWE have confirmed that as well.

The match itself reportedly was taped for 35 minutes, but it is not clear how the match will be edited.

The rest of tonight's show other than Edge vs. Orton was to take place today in Orlando at the Performance Center.

A torn triceps is usually an injury that requires about eight months or so of recovery time and surgery. Obviously because WWE did not want out that the match was taped, that when Edge and Orton were doing media, they couldn't talk about the injury. The injury, whether he will undergo surgery and the time frame of his return are likely to be talked about over the next few days after the match airs.

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Pissing off the local douchebag Trump-supporting promoter =/= committing "career suicide."

You've been criticized for your very intense, and seemingly unwarranted, hatred of certain women on here. If you don't see this as a "read the room" moment, well, you probably never will get it. 

"certain women"  You are referring to Brit baker and yeah I haven't brought her up in a long time but you like to bring up old shit. Can't let some things go right?   Attitcus worked for two promoters. He worked for Joe Dombrowski and Justin Plummer.  Neither are happy with what he did.  

I was also criticized for promoting Wardlow but funny nobody brings that up. 

Also the promoters aren't douchebags but again, go on assuming 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like a Vince idea as a way of drumming up interest in the match. Like nobody is supposed to believe it but the absurdity piques interest, even hate watchers. "WELL, THAT WAS NOT THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER. HMPH."

• Like 3