DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Does Ebessan still wrestle? I'm dying to see what a match with him and Orange Cassidy might look like. Or either of them vs Yano?

Does Ebessan have any matches unmasked, and if so does he wrestle differently?

Kikutaro has wrestled Orange Cassisy before. I'd post pictures if I weren't on my phone. Unfortunately, I can't find any video of their matches.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bleloch said:

Were they Tsururyū Combi at some point then? I've only ever heard the name as Kakuryū Combi (same Kanji, I know)

Edit: read their Wikipedia page to find out more info, and found this. Forgive my translation:

He's not wrong.

The quote from Wiki says the fans called them Kakuryu, but Tsuruta didn't like it and thought it should be Tsururyu. I have no idea what the commentators called them. I tried skimming through a couple of their matches but I only only heard Tsuruta-Tenryu combi, which doesn't help. It may have been Kakuryu. To be honest, the whole abbreviation thing in Japan drives me nuts. 

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Also worth mentioning that he has popped up on Kana's youtube channel a couple of times. Even cooked takoyaki for her.

Eating while trying to kayfabe your mask is not easy. 

• Like 1

Kikutaro lives in the US now, Vegas I believe? He seems to be a liason/translator/etc for visiting Japanese talent. I saw him hanging around at an Evolve show in MA not long ago where Dick Togo was in the main event. 

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Kikutaro lives in the US now, Vegas I believe? He seems to be a liason/translator/etc for visiting Japanese talent. I saw him hanging around at an Evolve show in MA not long ago where Dick Togo was in the main event. 

Yeah, Vegas.

4 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Kikutaro was at House of Hardcore a couple years ago in Joppa which considering the area would not be a place that would get anything he did (they're not the brightest around those parts)  So he's in a tag match and doing some stuff and got maybe the faintest of chuckles for something.  It was a mix of emotions as I was glad to say I saw him live but man did I wish it was literally anywhere else than Joppa.  The turnout and reaction was so bad that even though Dreamer claimed he didn't mind it it's pretty obvious by now that they're never going back there.

So IWTV is worth checking out tonight. The mixtape for BLM is a good mix of black wrestlers with most I never saw before. And they're trying to get more eyes on the live stream as that somehow helps with the donations they're doing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So IWTV is worth checking out tonight. The mixtape for BLM is a good mix of black wrestlers with most I never saw before. And they're trying to get more eyes on the live stream as that somehow helps with the donations they're doing. 

The Big Swole vs Chakara match from Riptide Wrestling in Brighton (England) was fantastic, wasn't it? And Lee Moriarty has been on twice (so far). Which makes sense, because he's awesome.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AxB said:

The Big Swole vs Chakara match from Riptide Wrestling in Brighton (England) was fantastic, wasn't it? And Lee Moriarty has been on twice (so far). Which makes sense, because he's awesome.

Yeah, I'm loving it a ton. There's way too many quality wrestlers that I never knew about. But it's been a blast. Do they normally put these on demand? I need to rewatch to track down those that stood out to me. 

Writers below.

Bruce on top.

Dana Warrior

Dewey Foley

Ed Koskey

Jonathan Baeckstrom

Joseph Belcastro (NXT)

Ranjin Singh

Ryan Ward (inactive)

Of course Triple H and Vince input.