DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Now imagine Spud Webb sized guys.

I'm 5'7" and at the peak of my athleticism I used to be able to grab the rim with both hands, I never got anywhere close to dunking a basketball.  Athletically, my biggest attribute is that I've always had crazy lower body strength.  With that said, I probably had 40 lbs. on Spud Webb, but winning the dunk contest at 5'7" is absurd.  

On the Spud Webb note, good grief. 5'5". He has to have well over a 40 inch vert to do that.

Even crazier.

Edited by Ryan

39 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I haven't watched it in quite a while but when I did watch NXT back in the day, I'd see all those great matches and think to myself, "this company is almost perfect.  If only it had more jokes about shitting and vomiting!"

So, just to be clear, you would watch NXT, watch what you call "great matches" and think to yourself "This company is almost perfect" and THEN you STOPPED watching?!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

On the Spud Webb note, good grief. 5'5". He has to have well over a 40 inch vert to do that.

I went to high school with a dude shorter than me who could dunk.  He was a sophmore who unseated a 3-year starting senior at middle linebacker on the football team, and quit after the first game (the linebacker he replace went on to be all-district).  He was like 5'5" and maybe 190 lbs. but could out lift, out run, and out jump damn near everyone on the team.  We had a guard who went to the NFL, and little fucker could outlift him.  The crazy thing is that he wasn't even the most unlikely athletic freak on the team, we had a defensive lineman who was like 5'8" 275 and was faster than all but 2 running backs on the team.  We were really good that year (I say "we" very loosely, because I contributed next to nothing to contribute to that success) and it's the craziest collection of insane athletes I've ever been around.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I went to high school with a dude shorter than me who could dunk.  He was a sophmore who unseated a 3-year starting senior at middle linebacker on the football team, and quit after the first game (the linebacker he replace went on to be all-district).  He was like 5'5" and maybe 190 lbs. but could out lift, out run, and out jump damn near everyone on the team.  We had a guard who went to the NFL, and little fucker could outlift him.  The crazy thing is that he wasn't even the most unlikely athletic freak on the team, we had a defensive lineman who was like 5'8" 275 and was faster than all but 2 running backs on the team.  We were really good that year (I say "we" very loosely, because I contributed next to nothing to contribute to that success) and it's the craziest collection of insane athletes I've ever been around.

A guy from my high school was like that, 5’6” - 5’7”, unassuming and kind of chubby, but his legs and core were insane.  He would just run you over with his power.  I always thought he would have made a great sumo wrestler.

The anti-Rick Rude “It’s a lower body business brother”

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tony, please give me tickets to the next Jags-Dolphins game.

And free airfare and accommodations and anything else necessary, dammit. Maybe convince Dan Marino to play one more game. For the Jaguars of course. ?

Ok I have not been super-active on this board lately but did I miss the big reveal?

Cuz I need to go search people I've got in slapfights on here with and if it's clean then I can pitch Chris Daniels as the one to take the TNT title off of Cody.

Edited by Cristobal

6 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Ok I have not been super-active on this board lately but did I miss the big reveal?

Cuz I need to go search people I've got in slapfights on here with and if it's clean then I can pitch Chris Daniels as the one to take the TNT title off of Cody.

Yeah, someone dug far back and the thought is that he was "Coach Tony K" from fucking forever ago. Pre-Dutch hackers, or wherever the fuck they were from.

I'm willing to bet he probably also joined in making fun of Kurtie H for mistakenly calling Kurt Angle "Jurt Angle." And also for Kurtie being a Lakers fan.

Also, seeing as how Mookieghana works for Tony Khan, he may as well also retain the services of DevinIntervention or hire Winnipagan for an events coordinator.

• Like 1

This will mean nothing because the WWE won't do anything different and get away with it but the Orange County's Mayor is signing an executive order requiring masks to be worn in all public spaces.

Orange County is where the PC is