DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Pissing off the local douchebag Trump-supporting promoter =/= committing "career suicide."

You've been criticized for your very intense, and seemingly unwarranted, hatred of certain women on here. If you don't see this as a "read the room" moment, well, you probably never will get it. 

"certain women"  You are referring to Brit baker and yeah I haven't brought her up in a long time but you like to bring up old shit. Can't let some things go right?   Attitcus worked for two promoters. He worked for Joe Dombrowski and Justin Plummer.  Neither are happy with what he did.  

I was also criticized for promoting Wardlow but funny nobody brings that up. 

Also the promoters aren't douchebags but again, go on assuming 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like a Vince idea as a way of drumming up interest in the match. Like nobody is supposed to believe it but the absurdity piques interest, even hate watchers. "WELL, THAT WAS NOT THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER. HMPH."

• Like 3

I mean I've been strongly in the "this match needs to end in 30 seconds on a schoolboy" camp, but hearing that backing music to the hype videos, I'd be up for this turning into a 35 minute version of The Greatest Showman, with half the roster getting in on choreographed dance numbers, circus animals, kicklines, and Randy Orton doing Hugh Jackman showtunes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I mean I've been strongly in the "this match needs to end in 30 seconds on a schoolboy" camp, but hearing that backing music to the hype videos, I'd be up for this turning into a 35 minute version of The Greatest Showman, with half the roster getting in on choreographed dance numbers, circus animals, kicklines, and Randy Orton doing Hugh Jackman showtunes.

That'd be dope. I love that flick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

When that movie came out I remember telling a friend of mine at work that I saw it. He's also a huge wrestling fan.  He cut the most out of character heel promo about the real Barnum and Bailey and how they are just like Vince and how they came in and took over every territory and put people out of work.  He had such hatred for Barnum.  Oddly enough he just texted me saying he has no interest in Backlash  and reminded me of Live NJPW tomorrow am

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

guess you have no idea who the promoter is for his home promotion. Huge Trump fan. Already talking about his push being derailed.   I get how some feel, if you look at his tweet it got 0 likes and 0 responses.   

This one?

4 retweets and 30 likes, so far.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

This one?

4 retweets and 30 likes, so far.

yeah, having friends and family who are police officers it's really offensive.  Not all cops are bad cops but when people are selling shit like this it says a lot. Hopefully young Cogar never needs to rely on cops. The only positive is he is giving the money to a good cause. 

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, PetrolCB said:

They should bring back the "Hair vs Hair" stip, but with beards.

I was at an indy show with that stipulation. Cody Deaner vs "The Bearded Dragon" Scotty Turner. Being a fantastically bearded man myself, Deaner called upon me while beating up Turner on the outside and proceeded to scratch my beard while chopping Turner. Deaner won and just before he was about to cut the beard off, he proclaimed that the beard was too nice and they should form a team. They never teamed and Turner stopped wrestling soon after meaning the stipulation was ignored for nothing.

Indy wrestling!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I get how some feel, if you look at his tweet it got 0 likes and 0 responses.

False. As posted here 4 Retweets, 1 Comment, 30 Likes.

3 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Attitcus worked for two promoters. He worked for Joe Dombrowski and Justin Plummer.  Neither are happy with what he did.

Also false. Just because you can't keep up with his schedule doesn't mean he isn't busy as fuck. Just off the top of my head I've seen him promoting GCW, Remix Pro, RSW, Bizarro Lucha, Revenge, Beyond, Limitless, OWA, AAW, MEGA, ESW, Freelance, Conquest, and the aforementioned PCW & IWC that you spoke of on Twitter.... just in the last 6 months alone... during a pandemic. **Paging some credibility, has anyone seen any credibility?**

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 1

I'll form my own promotion from the scraps of capitalist paper I have just so I can book people like Atticus Cogar. That's a good brother with good opinions.

EDIT: Also, from what I've seen of his Twitter, the likes and retweets is about on-par with his other tweets. Oh no, two dumbass promoters don't like a STICKER! Fuck 'em.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 8

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but i figure it's safer to go in the omnibus than in some specific thread.

There was a Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Tsuyoshi Kikuchi match on youtube just recently. It's a fan cam from the 1992 Champion's Carnival. The video has since disappeared. I've tried to look for a copy of it elsewhere and had no luck. Does anyone have a copy, or could point me in a direction where I can buy a copy?

9 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

False. As posted here 4 Retweets, 1 Comment, 30 Likes.

Also false. Just because you can't keep up with his schedule doesn't mean he isn't busy as fuck. Just off the top of my head I've seen him promoting GCW, Remix Pro, RSW, Bizarro Lucha, Revenge, Beyond, Limitless, OWA, AAW, MEGA, ESW, Freelance, Conquest, and the aforementioned PCW & IWC that you spoke of on Twitter.... just in the last 6 months alone... during a pandemic. **Paging some credibility, has anyone seen any credibility?**

Revenge is unknown outside of a small area. I know John McChesney very well he will tell you the same thing.   Same with Mega and Remix. AAW, Beyond  I'l give you.   Did you watch the Trent Acid cup?  The commentators pretty much buried the guy.   You want credibility. Of all of the promotions you listed name me 3 matches that Cogar enhanced and made better.  I've seen the guy for 3-4 yrs and never saw a match he was in that would make me say "damn I'd drive 3 hrs to see him"         

Babyface commentators are supposed to talk about how the heels are real pieces of shit, aren't they?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Babyface commentators are supposed to talk about how the heels are real pieces of shit, aren't they?

using a real world situation that has gotten police killed as well as innocent black men and women is just as cheap as Slaughter''s 1990/91 heel run.  He can get over without doing it. But it did get people talking about him so kudos on that.