DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: In Your House (June 7, 2020)

RIPPA

On 6/9/2020 at 4:39 AM, Ramo2653 said:

I'm pretty sure Dream isn't right after coming back from his injury, something is off about him in the ring and it wasn't like he was the smoothest worker before. I'm kinda salty because I might be only one of the few fans left here on the board. Who's even left for Cole now? Guess we'll have to see someone get built up.

I'd have gone with Keith Lee or Matt Riddle.

I'm not even thinking about Keith Lee since he seems firmly planted in the NA title picture and I'm sure the feud with Gargano is going to extend for at least a month. Also, I generally like him, but his selling seems off to me sometimes.

Looking at the roster, Finn has to be up next for a shot, right? Or maybe you build up Kushida? Actually a little Drake Maverick feud would be fun.

Also, I can't wait until they get to Lorcan/Burch vs. Aichner/Barthel.

I was pretty disappointed.  Generally speaking, I haven't been as up to date on NXT as I would probably liked, but I figured there'd be something to enjoy. 

Also, no cruiserweight title match or tag team title match?  I don't even know who the tag champs area right now, but NXT tag matches are usually pretty good barnburners regardless of the participants. 

6 woman match was perfectly fine, but didn't fit the spectacle of a Takeover.  Candice LeRae and Dakota seem awfully miscast as heels, and I can't stand Mia Yim for some reason. 

Finn Balor v. Damien Priest was ok, but had like three super unnecessary spots -- the Razor's Edge spot onto the apron, chokeslam off the top rope and Priest's bump off the apron onto the stairs.  Just unnecessary, and Finn didn't even bother to sell any of it for longer than 30 seconds.  Finn should be on the main roster and feuding for the title, especially with the Prince stuff.  Priest is slow and makes stupid faces.  He's like Luchasaurus if he wasn't a dinosaur.  And he needs to give up on the archer / arrow stuff and give it to Phantasma or whatever they're calling them. 

Keith Lee v. Gargano was good, but too long.  Johnny's fine as a heel but he's just so tiny compared to Lee.  Still, it's very good, and the pounce through the plexiglass was awesome.  Keith Lee needs to be NXT Champ. 

Velveteen v. Cole was the least of the cinematic matches.  I'm so done with Cole.  If Dream's back is fucked, he probably shouldn't be doing axe handles from the top to the floor, flying elbow drops, or even the Dream Valley Driver.  He's got that Sister Abigail DDT thing.  The only amusing thing was Dexter Lumis ? shoving Roderick and Bobby Fish into a trunk and driving off.  I have no idea who that dude is but it was hilarious.

Karrion Kross looks like a geek who is trying to convince himself that he's a psycho bad ass.  His child molester mustache doesn't help.  And if you're going to steal Taz's moveset, why not take the kata-hajime as well instead of a half-assed Coquina Clutch?  I don't even know what fall and pray means.  And they need to put a headset mic on Scarlett so it looks like she's singing instead of just lip syncing because that looks dumb.  But not as dumb as Kross's facial expressions.  Jesus Christ that guy is a geek. 

Happy Io won, but she should've landed that moonsault on Charlotte bridging.  Charlotte could complain that her legs were tangled with Rhea's and she couldn't kick out because of it, and Rhea could've complained that she pinned Charlotte too.  There's a whole lot you can do but they did the absolute very least.  It's bullshit protection that doesn't mean anything and just diminishes everyone.  Charlotte needs to stop spamming that spear, too.  Io's dives were awesome though. 

I was just disappointed.  NXT seems to have a lot of talent and potential, but the booking just gets the absolute very least out of them.