DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Your Own Personal Jesus - 5/18/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I guarantee you Edge-Orton will not be the best match of the night, much less ever. But hey... Points for setting the bar high.

Theory and Murphy fighting for Seth's love should be great.

Oh, and before I forget... Pretty Ricky is minstrel shit.  I never want to see it on my TV again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I swear, these fuckers calling Edge vs Orton the greatest match ever has to be a rib on literally anyone with a brain.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Peck said:

Watching Billie slap Peyton made me feel like I slapped my own mother. Please don't ever do that again. ?

i'm traumatized even just reading about it

• Like 1

Who decided having Seth be Dollar General Raven was a great idea? Anyone with any brains whatsoever should've come to the conclusion that this gimmick is a terrible fit for the guy and needs to be dropped.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The women were all over this show. It was nice to see.

Charlotte/Ruby was solid though it still feels like there is a better match in the two which has been the feeling I've had every time they wrestled previously. Dug Charlotte bridging the Figure 8 with her uninjured arm.

Angry Peyton trying to break Alexa was neat. Seeing how bad Billie felt about the slap with both crying into each others' arms later I assume they aren't planning to actually break the two up.

Not sure what to think about sore loser Nattie though I did like enjoy the submission match with Shayna.

KO being back is nice. The segment with Zelina and co. as solid. Glad to see Theory kicked to the curb. Seth picking him up later was interesting I guess.

These Street Profits/Viking Raider segments are odd. Even if slightly amusing its more a cringe type of amusing. Not sure why they can't just move on to an actual title match between the teams though I do like that the rivalry is more friendly than the norm.

I've been digging the build to MVP becoming Lashley's manager. MVP works well in the role. 

I really thought that Profits/Raiders segment was going somewhere different when the cops showed up to a really-uncomfortable-police-arrest-the-unarmed-black guys-and-leave-the-axe-wielding-vikings-alone-kind-of-way.  I'm glad it didn't.  

One of the weird WWE things I've noticed in regards to booking over the last however many years (Maybe since Flair's retirement) is that wrestlers' relative age is never discussed.  Like, the easy money booking of Natalya is for a young-ish Women's champion to mock Nattie for being almost 40, being on the show since 2008 and having only held a women's title TWICE in 12+ years and mocking her for "not having it anymore" and how she was a pioneer but now she's just embarrassing herself, then booking Nattie to dig deep and beat contenders to get herself one last shot at greatness.  But, there are very, very seldom any mentions of age in WWE booking/storylines (Even with Goldberg, you got minor mentions of him being a HOFer and how long ago he won his first title but not any outright mention of him being, you know, 20 years older than The Fiend etc.) and almost NEVER do you see any mention of it in regards to the women.

'i could definitely see WWE split up the Iconics.  I would not be shocked if someone in power sees Peyton as a potential star (Maybe she'll get the Emmalina push!) and isn't as sold on Billie Kay's goofier tendencies.  WWE doesn't like to keep teams/groups together very long.  I mean, Zelina just put her group together in late March and they're already splitting them up.

33 minutes ago, caley said:

I really thought that Profits/Raiders segment was going somewhere different when the cops showed up to a really-uncomfortable-police-arrest-the-unarmed-black guys-and-leave-the-axe-wielding-vikings-alone-kind-of-way.  I'm glad it didn't.  

One of the weird WWE things I've noticed in regards to booking over the last however many years (Maybe since Flair's retirement) is that wrestlers' relative age is never discussed.  Like, the easy money booking of Natalya is for a young-ish Women's champion to mock Nattie for being almost 40, being on the show since 2008 and having only held a women's title TWICE in 12+ years and mocking her for "not having it anymore" and how she was a pioneer but now she's just embarrassing herself, then booking Nattie to dig deep and beat contenders to get herself one last shot at greatness.  But, there are very, very seldom any mentions of age in WWE booking/storylines (Even with Goldberg, you got minor mentions of him being a HOFer and how long ago he won his first title but not any outright mention of him being, you know, 20 years older than The Fiend etc.) and almost NEVER do you see any mention of it in regards to the women.

'i could definitely see WWE split up the Iconics.  I would not be shocked if someone in power sees Peyton as a potential star (Maybe she'll get the Emmalina push!) and isn't as sold on Billie Kay's goofier tendencies.  WWE doesn't like to keep teams/groups together very long.  I mean, Zelina just put her group together in late March and they're already splitting them up.

They literally just did old guys who are at the end storylines with both Rey and Cena and they were both beyond stupid for the same reason one with Nattie would be: They do not look old, exposing the fact that they are will needlessly hurt them with the audience by making them sound like they are washed up.

Edited by sabremike

Wait, after seeing the thread title am I really beating Eddie in putting the obvious video into this thread?  Well, I'll be damned.

As for the show I haven't seen it yet but the idea of breaking up the IIconics breaks my heart.  I still think it's punishment for Peyton being married to Spears considering how long they've been off TV and now this is happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Wait, after seeing the thread title am I really beating Eddie in putting the obvious video into this thread?  Well, I'll be damned.

As for the show I haven't seen it yet but the idea of breaking up the IIconics breaks my heart.  I still think it's punishment for Peyton being married to Spears considering how long they've been off TV and now this is happening.

I thought about it, but decided to let someone else have the easy layup.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

I swear, these fuckers calling Edge vs Orton the greatest match ever has to be a rib on literally anyone with a brain.

My honest to God reaction when I read that billing by WWE:

20-signs-you-might-actually-be-nelson-muntz-from-the-simpsons-nelson-muntz-ha-ha-625_415.jpg

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1