DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Alright, so what system is everyone getting this on. I have a bad feeling this isn’t going to have cross play or if it does it will be some kind of bullshit. I figure I’ll get this for whatever system most of you get this on so we can do some matches online.

PS5 for me, most likely will do the preorder. Every clip I see makes me more and more anticipated for this game. 

On 6/2/2023 at 2:49 PM, Craig H said:

Alright, so what system is everyone getting this on. I have a bad feeling this isn’t going to have cross play or if it does it will be some kind of bullshit. I figure I’ll get this for whatever system most of you get this on so we can do some matches online.

PS4 for me, but I've never played any games online on that system. 

I'm going to get it on Switch since it'll come out while I'm in Greece.  This will also be useful as my friend wants to try it when I get back so I can just take this over and put it on the dock.  Then when I come home I'll play it on Series X.  Not sure about any mods for PC version but if it turns out there's mods worth a damn then maybe one day I'll get it.  Most likely my main system will be Series X but I'm so down for online play.

• Like 2

i'll be picking up the Switch version, but since i don't play online, it really doesn't matter. definitely a week 1 purchase. and yeah, i'm gonna end up springing for all (or at least most) of the DLC.

• Like 1

If I can choose my wrestler’s diet, does that mean I can make them fat? If so, I’m gonna have a whole roster of fat dudes. 

I’ll get Adam Cole all fat and make him a DVDVR favorite, baby!

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, Dirty J. said:

I hate the fact that most animations are from the old WWE Yukes games. Looks lazy and feels so dated.

In one of his videos Uno said all the animations are hand crafted just like the AKI days, so I think you're mistaken. WWE Yukes games used motion capture. There's no motion capture at all in this one.

There's a good 5-10 minutes on this week's Deadlock pod where James and Johnny (of the KStat skateboard video) discuss the game's hands-on from the Vegas event over the weekend.

EDIT: also, later in the show, a fun discussion of 80's sexual mores vis a vis Rick Rude fucking wives from town to town.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

In one of his videos Uno said all the animations are hand crafted just like the AKI days, so I think you're mistaken. WWE Yukes games used motion capture. There's no motion capture at all in this one.

Sounds like a sales pitch to me. I’m positive I’ve seen that head crank or some of the suplexes before. I’m not buying it whatever Uno said. WWE Yukes only started using motion captured moves a few years ago, some of these animations pre-date that. I’ve played countless of hours of WWE games since high school and college, I know I’m right. 

7 minutes ago, Dirty J. said:

Sounds like a sales pitch to me. I’m positive I’ve seen that head crank or some of the suplexes before. I’m not buying it whatever Uno said. WWE Yukes only started using motion captured moves a few years ago, some of these animations pre-date that. I’ve played countless of hours of WWE games since high school and college, I know I’m right. 

You got me. My real name is Yukes Yukerson. I am here solely to shill this game. I started my account about 4 years before the game came out just for this moment, truly the best long con in the history of DVDR lol.

Maybe you're right. I haven't played any of the janky ass WWE games since Here Comes The Pain. Just going by what was said by a company representative 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

As of now it appears that the only physical version available for Fight Forever is the standard edition and in PlayStation store I only see the standard and Elite versions for the PS5 only. I have a PS4 and am hoping that the Elite Edition will be available for that platform, ideally in a physical format. I saw somewhere on Reddit that the Elite Edition would be available for PS4 digitally but no word about a physical Elite Edition for any platform. Anyone heard or read anything?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

You got me. My real name is Yukes Yukerson. I am here solely to shill this game. I started my account about 4 years before the game came out just for this moment, truly the best long con in the history of DVDR lol.

Maybe you're right. I haven't played any of the janky ass WWE games since Here Comes The Pain. Just going by what was said by a company representative 🤷‍♂️

No, you dork. I meant what Uno said is a sales pitch.

• Haha 1