DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

IGN posted a “final preview” video that showed a bit of the career mode. It’s basically a modern No Mercy career it seems.

And the character select screen for it confirms that Jeff Hardy is playable day one. Which is weird since Matt is a pre-order bonus???

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Preorder bonus is… lol, Matt Hardy. Broken Matt and current day Matt.

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

And the character select screen for it confirms that Jeff Hardy is playable day one. Which is weird since Matt is a pre-order bonus???

don't know if it's just semantics or what, but the blurb i read said:

- The AEW: Fight Forever Matt Hardy Pack which features two of the many Matt Hardys: Matt Hardy and Broken Matt Hardy.

so maybe they have a version of Matt Hardy in there from the jump, but you get different versions with the preorder? seems a bit odd, but the "of the many Matt Hardys" line is a weird way to phrase it.

Matt Hardy seems like a pretty good choice thinking about potential audiences actually.

1. One big target of this game are lapsed fans that have a memory of No Mercy and what have you and they're going to recognize Matt Hardy more than most people on the roster
  2. That said, for the die-hard AEW fans, not having Matt on the basic roster isn't that big a big deal

On a side note, I bought a Gamecube on eBay and am playing Day of Reckoning  -- I never played in back in the day as I'd moved from GC to PS2 for my rasslin' games by then.  It's a good game but:

1. The mid 2000s cock rock is soooooooooooooooooo fucking dated and godawful I want to throw my soundbar out the window.  Maybe worse than modern Madden's Soundcloud mumble rappers.
  2. Story mode being CAW-only is awful.  All these real life wrestlers and you can only use them in exhibition mode.  Fuuuuuuuck.

Also, on the modern tip, call me a mark but I'm buying that fucking AEW game season pass.  I NEED to play as Hook.  I need some time to re-align my chi.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Already pre ordered the FTRhausen version. This game looks like a blast to me. I dont care that the models arent ultra realistic or whatever. The game play looks fun and familiar and deep. Plus the mini games and the hands in the pockets and the skateboard stuff. Aiming for a FUN game vs an exact simulation is the way to my heart / wallet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

On a side note, I bought a Gamecube on eBay and am playing Day of Reckoning  -- I never played in back in the day as I'd moved from GC to PS2 for my rasslin' games by then.  It's a good game but:

1. The mid 2000s cock rock is soooooooooooooooooo fucking dated and godawful I want to throw my soundbar out the window.  Maybe worse than modern Madden's Soundcloud mumble rappers.
  2. Story mode being CAW-only is awful.  All these real life wrestlers and you can only use them in exhibition mode.  Fuuuuuuuck.

Also, on the modern tip, call me a mark but I'm buying that fucking AEW game season pass.  I NEED to play as Hook.  I need to re-align my chi.

It's a good game but its best to play with humans, to me the AI isn't that good.

You might wanna buy DOR2, the final game was slighty more of a sim, and what's better was the get back up on red body damage bug isn't in and the flashing from counters aren't in from DOR1. The caw mode visuals were a step down from DOR 1 though. Back when it came out and playing around with DOR2 caws appearances, me and my brother just stopped making caws for awhile with the disappointing looks of the caws.

But we did made DDP and Misawa and few other male wrestlers later on.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by all the mini-games in Fight Forever.

Steal The Show, Who's Missing?, Spot the Difference, Memory, Path Tracer, Box Breaker, Where's Orange?, Egg Hunt, Count 'Em Up, Bomb Hurl, and Shida's Slugfest

The DLC adds MJF Car Thrash, JoinUs, Death Race-X, and Sloth Sling

Definitely looks like a lot of fun. I haven't bought any video game on release in probably 15+ years as I generally always waited at least a few months, but this one is tempting.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

My all time favorite soundtrack lol! Breaking Benjamin, Tantric, Zebrahead all very much brings me the nostalgia.

Back in those days, Maven was always my go to CAW to make in situations like those.  Loved the first at the time but never played through the second one.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Doing a Rick Rude.

Extremely quick research suggests the last person to appear in games for competing promotions in the same year Chris Jericho back in '99.  Booker T and Christian both come close.

• Like 1

Alright, so what system is everyone getting this on. I have a bad feeling this isn’t going to have cross play or if it does it will be some kind of bullshit. I figure I’ll get this for whatever system most of you get this on so we can do some matches online.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Alright, so what system is everyone getting this on. I have a bad feeling this isn’t going to have cross play or if it does it will be some kind of bullshit. I figure I’ll get this for whatever system most of you get this on so we can do some matches online.

I’m probably getting it on Steam tbh.