DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

The report said they were planned, but then removed in the Spring of this year.

I’m going to guess they’re in the first wave of DLC, since they were recording audience chants of FTR/Dax/Cash in Philly back in April.

Cross posting from the AEW thready.

That's a dumb move. I'd bet money they took them out to be a part of an ROH DLC pack. Which is incredibly annoying. Because they deserve to be in the base game. A DLC pack that has FTR, Briscoes, Claudio, Yuta, Mercedes Martinez, & Samoa Joe will sell like crazy. But it would still sell like crazy even without FTR being lumped in.

There's literally no other understandable reason for them to not be in a game that has a roster so deep Abadon is in the game.

I'm not huge on FTR but I love Dax so that is somewhat disappointing. The game looks great and I'll probably get it, but that exclusion seems weird unless they're being saved for DLC. I'd rather pay for DLC updates to a game rather than buy a new one every year so I at least respect that decision. I've always wondered why the NBA and WWE 2K games don't do that. Just do nice DLC updates and roster additions for a couple of years while the rest of the team concentrates on making a good sequel/next gen version that isn't rushed and full of bugs.

God knows the reasons why but I recall Ciampa not being in one of the WWE 2k games when he was a featured NXT guy (this was when main NXT people were being put into the games) and it came down to them paying so little/nothing at all that he felt insulted and would rather not be a part of it. I'm not saying that is the case here... but FTR would be one of the relative few who know exactly how much WWE wrestlers get for their inclusion.

Also again this is why no CAW sharing is a potential big issue, we really have no clue what the heck the in-game roster looks like if there is no FTR but yes Abadon.

11 hours ago, username said:

God knows the reasons why but I recall Ciampa not being in one of the WWE 2k games when he was a featured NXT guy (this was when main NXT people were being put into the games) and it came down to them paying so little/nothing at all that he felt insulted and would rather not be a part of it. I'm not saying that is the case here... but FTR would be one of the relative few who know exactly how much WWE wrestlers get for their inclusion.

The article posted in the AEW forum claims it wasn’t FTR’s decision and that they are rather angry about it.

i haven’t seen enough of the game to have much of an opinion, but it sounds like it might not be for me.  I’m not really in the market for a wrestling game, but it could be cool If enough of the roster in included.  On the other hand, a modern-day No Mercy doesn’t do it for me.  I’d much prefer something that leans closer to a sim, like a couple of the better WWE games tried to do.  Mini-games and deathmatches won’t sell me the game.  

The supposed lack of an easy caw transfer system is odd, particularly for a game inspired by No Mercy.    I don’t expect to be any good at creating CAW appearances from scratch and I don’t see myself entering settings from a printout of the formula.

Have they confirmed movesets and such are editable?  That would be a deal-breaker for me.  The couple puro games in the past 20 years that didn’t have a deep caw mode and editable movesets got almost no play from me.

Edited by madl
  • Like 1

They heard about it in MARCH, talked with TK about it, and it was all good.  Yet yesterday we got this headline:

FTR has been removed from AEW Fight Forever according to FightFul

And all it implies.  98.3% of all online "journalism" can fuck right off.

Because "FTR was moved from day 1 content to DLC 5+ months ago and everybody is cool with it" doesn't get clicks.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I wonder how royalties shake out in a case like this. Say 100 wrestlers are in the base game that costs $60. But you're part of a DLC pack that has 6 wrestlers and costs $10. Which split would net you more income? Maybe they're cool with it because legal did the math and showed them they'd make more per purchase on the DLC pack than they'd make as part of the base game?

The base game is going to sell more than the DLC. But you could make more (potentially) per purchase being in a DLC pack. If it's say $.05 per copy of the game sold or $.40 per DLC pack sold, which is the better take?

10 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I wonder how royalties shake out in a case like this. Say 100 wrestlers are in the base game that costs $60. But you're part of a DLC pack that has 6 wrestlers and costs $10. Which split would net you more income? Maybe they're cool with it because legal did the math and showed them they'd make more per purchase on the DLC pack than they'd make as part of the base game?

The base game is going to sell more than the DLC. But you could make more (potentially) per purchase being in a DLC pack. If it's say $.05 per copy of the game sold or $.40 per DLC pack sold, which is the better take?

Did you factor in the existence of season passes, though? Because those include the ability to pre-pay for DLC, and the season pass is sold separately and with a deluxe edition of the game usually.

• Like 2

Remember when AEW could actually keep info from leaking?!  Brody's health (not that any reporter or fan needed to know the situation), Sting's debut, a few other big debuts.  Now everything seems to come out of the locker room. The Thunder Rosa heat, the CM Punk heat, the video game stuff from March.  Kind of interesting. Almost like they want the stuff leaked out to the fans. 

I actually agree with you on that. I think to a certain extent a lot of what has leaked is deliberate. The Punk stuff for sure. Less sure on the Rosa stuff. But I really do think the Punk / Page heat is mostly planted worked stuff in the vein of trying to create a Bret / Shawn real life plausible rift. Punk loves him some Bret Hart stuff. Some post modern throwback worked shoot that turns into a full blow shoot is right up his alley lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I actually agree with you on that. I think to a certain extent a lot of what has leaked is deliberate. The Punk stuff for sure. Less sure on the Rosa stuff. But I really do think the Punk / Page heat is mostly planted worked stuff in the vein of trying to create a Bret / Shawn real life plausible rift. Punk loves him some Bret Hart stuff. Some post modern throwback worked shoot that turns into a full blow shoot is right up his alley lol.

The Rosa stuff is odd. I don't think Baker leaked any of it. Some workers have stated Rosa works stiff.  The odd thing is one of Rosa's biggest supporters is Dustin Rhodes. I wouldn't think he would defend/support her if she was as bad as these stories make it seem.

I think you are spot on with the Punk/Bret comparrison here as well. 

5 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

It is hard to say as I believe they have said the game will have both free and paid DLC and it is entirely possible after this leaked out that it'll be too much of a bad look if FTR aren't one of the free ones (gamers often react poorly to the appearance that content designed for the main game is cut from it solely to be sold separately later). I'm sure it is all sorted out somewhere, but I'm also sure this is exactly the kind of info we'll never be privy to.

As long as they are cool with it then that's enough in terms of their concerns, I think at this point the bigger concern (for us) is again what the actual roster looks like if they are perhaps intentionally carving out some bigger names to save for later DLC.

5 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

That would be crazy complicated to probably figure out. Since wrestlers (likely) don't get paid a flat percentage, I guess it would depend on whatever is in their contract, but DLC definitely complicates things. Plus if the base game is on sale for $30, its likely a percentage so that $.05 becomes 0.025 and it is probably enough to make people's heads spin. Add in season passes and who knows.

Maybe being the "featured" wrestlers on a DLC would pay more than being a tacked-on wrestler to fill out the numbers, or maybe just being sold as leading a DLC pack seemed like enough of a big deal than being lost in the shuffle. The odd part to me is this breaking five months after it happened, and just musing on if its a tag team pack or ROH pack that they may have decided they'd use FTR to "push".

On 8/28/2022 at 4:07 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Cross posting from the AEW thready.

That's a dumb move. I'd bet money they took them out to be a part of an ROH DLC pack. Which is incredibly annoying. Because they deserve to be in the base game. A DLC pack that has FTR, Briscoes, Claudio, Yuta, Mercedes Martinez, & Samoa Joe will sell like crazy. But it would still sell like crazy even without FTR being lumped in.

There's literally no other understandable reason for them to not be in a game that has a roster so deep Abadon is in the game.

I heard that they did mo-cap for the game and that said animations mighta been "corrupted". I also haven't seen any tag team match footage from the game and I gotta wonder if double team move animations & 3+ wrestlers collision physics didn't get wonky at some point in development. Even heard that there mighta been a big thing with the game where a lot of mo-cap data either got corrupted/lost or proved incompatible with updates to the engine. So there's literally some understandable reasons why things mighta got goofed. Or I'm just repeating total hearsay nonsense gleaned offa some Disqus comments I read last week but that's what AEW discussions have devolved into in the last month.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

Looks like Yukes took some of the old WWE games mocap moves and redone them over. Those moves are not exactly the same animations. They have slight differences.

The official Fight Forever Website has Tag Team listed as match type. And other multi people matches. Seems there can only be 4 characters gameplay wise, like older wrestling games.

I don't think the animations in this game are mo-capped? They might use some old retooled previously mo-capped stuff they own but I thought I'd heard that this stuff was traditionally animated

The original report on this was so vague and garbled I wouldn't necessarily be confident that FTR were definitely taken out because they're going to be DLC, as the DLC plans may not be as scaled up and extensive as the WWE games are

it'd still be weird for wrestlers that aren't on TV much like Yuka Sakazaki and Abadon to be in but for FTR to not be tho

Inclusion of the female roster is going to be different than the men’s just by pure fact that it’s a smaller sample size. If they did the whole “hasn’t been on TV in awhile” thing, then you’d only have Britt Baker and a rotating cast of like three other women.

The producer at Gamescom said the new moves were handcrafted, not mocapped. 

If they're serious about not doing annual entries (if it even sells well enough) and instead relying on dlc, I would really hope they include features in dlc packs and it's not just content they cut from the fucking base game 6+ months prior to release. 

Edited by Jiji

Surprised Uno isn't in due to his involvement in promoting the game thus far.

Fightful also reports that the initial game will not include: Jake Hager, Private Party, the Acclaimed, Ortiz & Santana. Weird considering Max Caster did music for the game. But they did confirm FTR is planned to be DLC, so maybe they will be too.