DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

So do all these preorder DLC gimmicks eventually become available after a certain amount of time? Asking for a friend...

You mean for free? Usually not

I mean maybe eventually via like a Prime Gaming give away or something

Going back to the NBA2K analogy, there are definite gripes about those games (microtransaction hell) but overall the actual gameplay is good. There's a small subset of folks that don't like it but they haven't put out a truly unplayable product compared to WWE2K20.

Closest comp would be EA not making a basketball game in forever because they couldn't get the gameplay right. EA didn't hold off on footage or demos they just sucked so the games were cancelled.

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You mean for free? Usually not

I mean maybe eventually via like a Prime Gaming give away or something

Sorry, no. Will I be able to buy the nWo and/or Undertaker skins after a certain amount of time or the pre-order bonus is the only way to get them forever and ever?

I searched around and found more info...

The removal of the limited reversal stock that was in the previous games.  The game will feature a new ability to block strikes, and a new dodge mechanic.

The pin/kickout system has reverted back to button mashing.

Each superstar now has a combo like from fighting games.

More 

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k22/wwe-2k22-new-interview-details-mygm-mode-creations-gameplay-more

Edited by D.Z

I really want this game to be good, too. I've worn out 2K19 hard. Not a WWE fan these days, so I'm hoping the creation suites are top notch. Create An Arena in particular - it's sucked having the same parts over and over again since '16, and the lighting options are super restricted. It's also kinda hard to make an indie venue when they've pasted massive WWE banners all over the HS Gym and ECW arena templates. The latest dev interview makes me think they'll be scrapping a lot of parts from CAW due to clipping and that sort of thing, I'm hoping they haven't followed suit with arenas and belts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I really want this game to be good, too. I've worn out 2K19 hard. Not a WWE fan these days, so I'm hoping the creation suites are top notch. Create An Arena in particular - it's sucked having the same parts over and over again since '16, and the lighting options are super restricted. It's also kinda hard to make an indie venue when they've pasted massive WWE banners all over the HS Gym and ECW arena templates. The latest dev interview makes me think they'll be scrapping a lot of parts from CAW due to clipping and that sort of thing, I'm hoping they haven't followed suit with arenas and belts.

Same here.  Especially since I’m more interested in propping up my sim league than playing the game.

But I’m already invested since I bought the ultimate mondo super pack of everything in the presale.  So too late now if it blows.

• Like 1

I won't REALLY know how gameplay is until I get into it myself (if I do), but I'm really torn on the new camera angle(s). On the one hand, it's an improvement on the zoomed out angles, where it was way too zoomed out for my tastes, but I also don't like how close it is now - except for on the outside, oddly enough. I like that things like breaking the barricade isn't tied to OMG moments or whatever they're called now, it just happens supposedly.

It looks really good obviously, they're using the same tech that NBA2K uses and those models are insane. But I'm gonna wait at least a few weeks, because I want to see if it's a bugged mess like 2K20 was.

I'm also gonna need to hear what DenkOps thinks once he plays it, and Pulse as well.

Below is a list of everyone confirmed to be in WWE 2K22 so far, whether it be via the official WWE 2K site or Superstars we have seen in-game via trailers and screenshots. The list will be updated as we learn more information between now and release day.

Spoiler

Edge
Hulk Hogan
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods
Alexa Bliss
Riddle
Big E
Bobby Lashley
Dominik Mysterio
Bianca Belair
Rhea Ripley
Montez Ford
Angelo Dawkins
Ricochet
Drew McIntyre
Roman Reigns
Kane
Dana Brooke
The Undertaker
Robert Roode
Ultimate Warrior
The Miz
Seth Rollins
John Cena
Naomi
Kofi Kingston
Shotzi
Sasha Banks
Randy Savage
Becky Lynch
The Rock
Dolph Ziggler
Finn Balor
Goldberg
Jeff Hardy
Bayley
Asuka
Samoa Joe
Tyler Bate
Fandango
MVP
Cedric Alexander
Kevin Owens
Shayna Baszler
Raquel Gonzalez
AJ Styles
Sheamus
Carmella
Shinsuke Nakamura
Shelton Benjamin
Cesaro
Humberto Carillo
Stone Cold
Brock Lesnar
Charlotte Flair
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Sami Zayn
Damian Priest
Eddie Guerrero

https://www.thesportster.com/wwe-2k22-roster/

Apparently everyone who signed up to appear as a Thunderdome fan might also be in the game. Because it was in the T&Cs they didn’t read.

• Haha 2