Dolfan in NYC

Two enormous matches tonight: 

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP♂️ - Adam Cole (Bay Bay, c) vs. The Velveteen Dream

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP ♀️ - Charlotte (c) defeats 悪のIo Shirai

26 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Two enormous matches tonight: 

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP♂️ - Adam Cole (Bay Bay, c) vs. The Velveteen Dream

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP ♀️ - Charlotte (c) defeats 悪のIo Shirai

Be prepared to have to lock the thread if the challenger wins in the men’s matchup. Unless people have randomly given up on thinking he’s a terrible person.

Guest Edwin

Karrion Kross and Scarlet were the best thing on the show. Put the title on any face and let him take it away from them in their first defense. 

I think maybe get rid of Scarlet "singing" to the ring, but other than that what an entrance.  Best since Io's heel turn.  Good show, but both title matches ended up more of story-line placeholders than actual definitive matches.  Makes sense because I doubt we'll see a title change until they're back in front of a crowd (even a small one).  

Yeah that lipsync shit was automatic fast-forward territory for me, but literally everything else about the entrance fucking works. I dread to see what Vince will do to it once he gets to RAW or Smackdown, though. You know it's going to happen. Hopefully that's a long time from now, though.

Kross's & Scarlett's entrance was neat. No real opinion on Kross himself yet.

Xia/Chelsea was ok for he angle. Aliyah joining the Robert Stone Brand is a good idea. Hopefully Vanessa does as well and they bring the tag titles to NXT for a bit.

Both CW tournament matches were decent enough. 

Charlotte/Io was solid, but you could tell they were holding back a decent deal for  the future. Dug the idea of the finish, but they probably should have built Charlotte gettign frustrated more. Rhea finally coming back to attack Charlotte was nice. Dug Rhea and into gettign into it.

Dream/Cole was mostly background noise for me though I dug Lumis trying to make the save.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

How many quasi Apocalyptic guys can you have in one company, especially if they aren’t actually a stable.

What would you call them? Something like... Sanity?

Hunter's preferences are really shining through in NXT now. All the metal/rock/wasteland gimmicks or 40 minute main eventers are the ones getting all the TV time.

Kross has great presence, and that has carried him a long way, but I’ve still yet to see the match that sells me on him as a great in-ring guy.  Nevertheless, he feels fresh, and NXT is in dire need of something fresh, so hopefully they strap the rocket to him and see what happens, instead of side draining him like Riddle and Lee.

A night of rushed matches. 

Aliyah joining the Stone Brand is probably a good idea since the mid-card ladies situation is very murky and most of their angles are going nowhere fast.

Kross's entrance was fucking awesome.  The only thing missing was a hot crowd to gasp in awe.

I'm good with Adam Bay Bay retaining on a fairly do-nothing card.  I expect Dream to beat Cole at the next PPV and then hopefully Kross will kill him for the belt a month later.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1