DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, RIPPA said:

Officially in the rut where the 2nd newest villager to my island is the one leaving.

I think this is the third straight time.

I haven't gotten anyone great recently so I don't mind the turnover but Jesus Bangle and Bluebear need to take the hint

Make it 4 straight times now

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 11:34 AM, RIPPA said:

I just added Peck to my island and instantly regret my decision

And Peck left to keep my streak going

I had forgotten to search for a villager so I was doing it late last night and I legit fell asleep while doing it.

I woke up and apparently I was in mid-conversation with the Dodos

So anyway my open spot was left to fate and Octavian is returning to my island.

• 3 weeks later...

I officially feel like I am the only person still playing and who knows how much longer that will last.

I am traveling most of this week so I wouldn't be able to track turnips so for the first time since I have been able too - I didn't buy any

It feels quite liberating actually

I had a bout of insomnia, so I checked my island at like 1:30 AM.

KK goes to Brewster's after wrapping up his concert but before leaving the island

I legit can't remember if I experienced this or not before

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 3:25 PM, RIPPA said:

So anyway my open spot was left to fate and Octavian is returning to my island.

I never mentioned this but the Octavian who showed up on my island was clearly from one of y'all's islands

Doesn't matter though as he already announced he is leaving

• 3 weeks later...

Is this worth picking up and trying out this far into this game's life cycle? I've never played one of these, and I remember wanting to rent and check it out on the Gamecube when that launched while in high school but it never being in stock. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Is this worth picking up and trying out this far into this game's life cycle? I've never played one of these, and I remember wanting to rent and check it out on the Gamecube when that launched while in high school but it never being in stock. 

Since they aren't releasing any new content - you would be getting a basically complete game (minus the one DLC) so that is nice. There are a few of us still playing so you could have a few islands to visit to accomplish things quicker so that is nice.

It basically is a question of how much you want to do with one of those games that basically requires you to check in on it every day. Like if you are already playing one (Stardew Valley, that newer Disney one) - I wouldn't recommend adding a second.

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Between this and D2, when do you have time to play anything else?

Yes because I have no life otherwise

And to be fair - I spend no more than 10 minutes on AC a day at this point

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working through the rest of the bug and fish statues. It's weird because sometimes, I'll spend fifteen minutes handing out oranges and planting my money tree and then put it down, but other times, I'll spend hours just doing something relaxing, like fishing or going to the DJ KK beach rave and doing the Island Stomp with Molly. 

I'm kind of already wanting the next one of these to come out, though. The next one needs way more activities. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I had the game fill a villager spot for as I forgot to play this week on the day I needed to find a new one

This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened and the game has given me a villager from @odessasteps island every time - this time it was Boomer

I hadn't even ever met him before - he just showed up and announced what island he came from.

So now I have three fucking jocks on my island. I am in hell

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

About a week or so ago - I couldn't find my Switch for most of the day and I was like "Well if I lost it - that is it for me and Animal Crossing because I am not rebuying this fucking game"

I did eventually find it - I am not sure if that was a good thing or not

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...