DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

My Harv's Redd is now just trolling me

He has had a fake Motherly Statue two of the last four trips (and one of the other trips was a fake Rock Head)

I buy them all hoping the real ones will show but no....

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 8:28 AM, RIPPA said:

He has had a fake Motherly Statue two of the last four trips (and one of the other trips was a fake Rock Head)

The fucker just did it to me again

Tuesday - has fake Motherly

Wednesday - actually on island with shit

Thursday - has fake Motherly

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Do you still need both? I think I had a fake Omec today.

Yeah - I have probably 4 fake Motherlys and 3 fake Omecs but still need both real ones

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 5:28 AM, RIPPA said:

I have a couple real Olmecs if you need one.

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I have a couple real Olmecs if you need one.

I do

I got the Thinker yesterday which I had totally spaced was the 3rd statue I needed

So now I am officially at just two statues left

You only need the bugs and fish to "complete" the museum in the game's eye (IE: you get golden tools for the bugs and fish)

Obviously it is nice to complete the sea creatures too

Do you know what you are missing?

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I got a snow crab this morning, so I think it’s now 3 bugs, 5 fish and 3 sea creatures left to finish the museum. 

I am literally one Wild Painting, Right Half from being totally done with the museum.

I want to use my shovel to beat Redd over the head and drag his body into my basement, where I will keep him without food or water until he fucking GIVES ME A CHANCE TO BUY A REAL ONE OF THESE, but apparently Nintendo EPD didn't program that into the game, which is a massive oversight, especially considering that they could have added it in the last update. 

@RIPPAI think because Blathers sells posters of bugs, fish, sea creatures, and art once you complete each of those collections, you do want to complete the sea creatures to collect all the items that you can get for collecting. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia

3 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I am literally one Wild Painting, Right Half from being totally done with the museum.

I want to use my shovel to beat Redd over the head and drag his body into my basement, where I will keep him without food or water until he fucking GIVES ME A CHANCE TO BUY A REAL ONE OF THESE, but apparently Nintendo EPD didn't program that into the game, which is a massive oversight, especially considering that they could have added it in the last update. 

@RIPPAI think because Blathers sells posters of bugs, fish, sea creatures, and art once you complete each of those collections, you do want to complete the sea creatures to collect all the items that you can get for collecting. 

I haven’t gotten one since you asked last time, it was weird that Phil and I needed the same last two statues. 

My needed list

Ranchu goldfish

Giant snakehead

Golden trout

Sea butterfly

Tuna

Mani mani 

Dung beetle

Walking stick

Tarantula

Sea pig

Red king crab 

Spider crab

Just now, odessasteps said:

I haven’t gotten one since you asked last time, it was weird that Phil and I needed the same last two statues. 

My needed list

Ranchu goldfish

Giant snakehead

Golden trout

Sea butterfly

Tuna

Mani mani 

Dung beetle

Walking stick

Tarantula

Sea pig

Red king crab 

Spider crab

I might have a couple of these in reserve, let me check. 

Well I am back into the groove of new people immediately wanting to leave my island.

I think this is my third straight resident who is leaving basically like a month after getting here.

I still haven't found a new villager.

I am already into double digit trips to find a new one but they all stink.

I have also run into a record FIVE former villagers in one search (I was really tempted to bring Beau back)