DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

Super meteor shower last night and since I was at work, I must have done 50 wishes.

so far, I’ve found 15 regular fragments and 1 Leo fragment. 

no idea who is on my island today: no Redd, no Gulliver, no one in plaza.

iguess that leaves flick, CJ and Saharah. 

8 minutes ago, lostinube said:

My visitor today was Gulliver, or rather, Captain Gullivarr. I won't spoil it but it's a slightly different task than usual.

I have gotten both Gullivers in the same week.

I think I would rather do the original Gulliver's version.

And speaking of changing things up - CJ finally gave me a challenge that was something other than the small fry one. Of course it was just - catch 5 fish in a row so CJ clearly was mailing it in.

The best part of this is showing it to my friend who uses their character being tired and "going to bed" as the only way to get off the game without their daughter throwing a tantrum about wanting to keep playing and not knowing what she is going to do now that going to bed is actually being used as a game mechanic.  

I have been conditioned by the GCN version to go back to my home to quit, because your mailbox was the trigger to save, and if you didn't save, you had to deal with Mr. Resetti running his mouth FORFUCKINGEVER as your punishment the next time you booted up.

Every now and again, I remember and just hit minus.

I probably entered one of Monday's numbers wrong because I didn't have a spike yesterday.

Now turnip profit is showing Thursday AM as being between 190-570.

Buzz is staying at my campsite today.

Gulliver is stranded on my beach.

My turnips are at 175 for the PM today.

End of update.

I had one of my villagers ask me for a clothing item I got from another villager no more than 30 seconds earlier. 

Got Flick today. Whoop de doo. 

had to grab a screen shot today to use for a new podcast. 

No longer playing the turnip market. I will remain a fruit magnate instead. Finally had Redd selling statues today. He’s by far the rarest visitor for me and has only carried paintings until today. 

Instead of paying off my final loan, I am instead demolishing all of my old, cheap bridges/inclines and fancying things up a bit. 

New villager this week. It was my wife’s turn to pick, so Yuka the koala replaced Diva the frog. Works for me. Not getting rid of Molly ever, though. Number one and the best!

I almost never turn down villagers who want to leave. I've had my original three (Curly, Clay and Patty) the entire time, but that's just because they haven't asked to go. Molly has become my favorite, so I'll definitely encourage her to stay.

AC:NH and Slay the Spire are the only games I've played with any consistency this year. Pretty much the perfect game for my current state of mind, too. Glad I picked it up. It's the first AC game I've ever played and I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I bet I'm closing in on 250 hours at this point. Sometimes I'll just mindlessly fish for hours because, well...it beats thinking right now. 

• Like 1

A few days ago I saw my neighbor, Biff, had thought bubbles going on so I checked to see what was the matter. 

Sure enough my ignoring him paid off and he was looking to explore his options, so I wished him luck on his endeavors. 

Thing is Biff had only been around for what seems like a month and after I sussed that he was a jock I knew I couldn't keep him. 

I had made the mistake of leaving an empty lot open for too long and he moved in on his own. 

So on the 2nd day after he left I used a Nook's Miles ticket and met Kitt the kangaroo on the first island I visited and invited her over. 

Now I don't hate jocks but it seemed that all I was getting was jocks early on. 

I'm actually fond of most of my neighbors at the moment, but if Apollo showed up I might have to make a tough decision. 

The 8 year old loved running around other islands last night and I doubt it gets old for her anytime soon. She also picked up a custom design on one. No one else in the household wants anything to do with it, really.

For as chill and relaxing as this game has been for me in a tumultuous time, the quest to find a cicada shell is starting to make my blood boil. My wife found one on Monday, which means that we’ve seen exactly that one spawn in the entire month they’ve been available in NA.

I play at various times throughout the day and have tried all the tricks I know of and...nothing. I know they’re still around next month and it’s already in the museum, but man, as someone who likes to check things off of a list, it’s been quite frustrating.

I guess what is throwing me is the fact that you have to have a code to do it 

So why not just visit the actual person's island and that way be able to shop or tend to flowers etc...

I mean it seems clear it is a way to make sure no one can destroy your island but that isn't an issue for me

I did smirk at the flavor text you get from villagers if you talk to them (like since I tried it out on Mark's island - the villagers already knew me)

1 minute ago, Shane said:

For as chill and relaxing as this game has been for me in a tumultuous time, the quest to find a cicada shell is starting to make my blood boil. My wife found one on Monday, which means that we’ve seen exactly that one spawn in the entire month they’ve been available in NA.

I play at various times throughout the day and have tried all the tricks I know of and...nothing. I know they’re still around next month and it’s already in the museum, but man, as someone who likes to check things off of a list, it’s been quite frustrating.

Literally the only time I got one was during the bug off last weekend. I didn't even realize it exists until then.

I caught something new out of the sea this morning. I don't know if it was added with the update or just something I hadn't found before. (I am spacing on the name)