DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

JIP match for next week is Leduc vs Chasine, which should be a great match up, but we only get the last six minutes of it, much of which is a long short armscissors exchange. The finishing stretch is electric though. Here's a taste of it. I love the idea that the power bomb somehow disappeared from the world in the 70s and only reappeared in a meaningful way in the late 80s. As if the NWA brokered some sort of deproliferation accord that ended with the fall of the Berlin Wall.

jZ9VNz.gif

• Like 4

First big match is Ben Chemoul vs La Barba which is awesome. I had to rush this one out from the middle of the match, because it's one of the best spots I've ever seen. A story in four parts:

1. The cheapshot:

91E7wz.gif

2. The revenge:

xnrNEP.gif

3. The law:

zvwNJ2.gif

4. The payoff:

2xwABA.gif

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

Since we were talking about Toryumon JAPAN in the other thread, I decided to watch their matches from Mexico...

N8X0eSs.gif

And there's Kenichiro Arai face planting. I'm sure I've seen him do this before, but it made me laugh.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Holy shit, what's caaaaauuuusing all this? 

Tonpachi Machine Guns and CRAZY MAX taking over Michinoku Pro.

Edited by Edwin

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

In Mexico

Hmmmmm... now my mind is making me think that I did watch Lucha libre on ESPN2 in the middle of the day during summer break. I know for damn sure there was a game show on ESPN2 for kids early in the morning where the prize for every episode was a replica of Excalibar in a stone.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ric Flair, obviously

Surprised you didn't go with Frank Stallone.

Are you alright? Did Davola kick you in the head?

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Haha 1