DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, he was sent home, but just the idea that he would show up, sick, during a global pandemic, is kind of telling to how WWE runs things.

You know he earned points with Vince for doing that. Gotta put the company above all else.

Guest Edwin

That doesn't prove/disprove no one has/hasn't been tested since then, but yeah, no need to keep going and forth on that, so I'll leave at that.

Edited by Edwin

What is FREEDOMS? Because it's coming to IWTV.

Oh, it's where Jun Kasai and Masashi Takeda wrestle. The ridiculously over the top Death Match stuff. Scissor boards and stuff.

2 minutes ago, Log said:

One of my favorite things in wrestling is when a small-time promotion has a guy doing a rich snob gimmick and he is obviously wearing a $50 suit. 

Hashtag Swiss Money Holding

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

TIL WWE had a Jr.'s division in 2005 and Super Porky was part of it.

Edit: Speaking of Super Porky and because I know @Curt McGirt is interested, I just came across this:

Edited by Edwin

So during the Fite stream of Dynamite, instead of just playing the Dynamite theme constantly in the breaks (did you know it has verses? I do), they kept playing the trailer for the Fite.tv movie with Jon Moxley and Christian and Gina Gershon. It's about a Pro Wrestler challenging for the World MMA Championship for no particular reason.

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Did Super Porky ever wrestle a match in WWE I know he was there but I don’t remember him wrestling. 

Mostly ate ham.
MLW: John Laurinaitis "Sabotaged" Planned 2005 WWE Cruiserweight ...

• Haha 1

Guest Edwin
2 hours ago, Casey said:

never thought I'd be interacting with Chris Hero on Reddit over a Michinoku Pro show, but here we are.

He used to/still does read the board and he's active and pretty sociable on Twitter. I've had some exchanges with him and he seems like a very nice and likable dude. That /r/wrestlinggenis subreddit can be much funner to read with lesser content than /r/squaredcircle.

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Unless "6 feet" is a typo and Rey actually claimed 60 feet, the subscriber is obviously wrong.

Longer than 2 seconds for 6 feet? Do they realize how short 6 feet is on a fall? That would take very little time. Hell, in a free fall it only would take about 2 seconds to fall 60 feet.

https://www.angio.net/personal/climb/speed.html

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1