DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/8/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Pro wrestling is so fucking stupid. Why do I like this dumb shit? Because every now and then, a dude is mad believable in a world that is imaginary. I'm not sure if that is the best way to describe the lane that Cody has been travelling in for the last 10 months or so, but I think that's the only way I know how to voice my enjoyment for what he's been doing.

He has found exactly the man he's best at being, at least as far as character on TV goes. Pretty fucking cool deal.

I don't get the point of shitting on the IWGP US Title, especially considering that your current World Champ holds it. Take that out, and I feel like that is a walk-off home run kind of promo.

• Like 2

NXT leaked online. It’s filled with the expected Johnny overacting you expect. Also ratings will continue to be bad for both. WWE got a slight Mania bump, but not back to their pre-corona rating. Closer to last weeks rating, especially in hour 3. That’s not a good sign for wrestling ratings the rest of the week, and the rest of the Corona-era.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

28 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

This may be a rare week NXT wins the ratings though.

Hey, whoa, now is not the time to talk about ratings!

29 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Gargano-Ciampa  is going to be solid. 

All jokes aside, I rather watch a Michael Nakazawa match. But, I do have NXT on record tonight, because I love their women's division and that ladder match has crazy potential.

• Like 1

Lance Archer has stapled apehangers to his skull and yet I still love the man like family.  That squash may have been better than last week's.  He faces Colt Cabana in Round One of the TNT Title tournament.

RIP Colt Cabana. He was a good bro.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I actually like Gargano and Ciampa. I really liked #DIY, but god I am sick as fuck of this feud. I have no interest in nxt tonight.

I'm in the exact the same boat. I even liked their initial feud, but it got very overdone. I could do without ever seeing another Gargano vs Ciampa or Gargano vs Cole match ever again. In fact, in both cases, my problem is with Gargano. Ever since his matches against Andrade he just does the same shit over and over again and it's just...man, it's just time to freshen it up.

• Like 1

RIP Britt Baker's nose.

And then she grins with blood on her teeth.  I think I am in love.

Hikaru Shida.  Legit Ass Beater.

Only on AEW could Kenny Omega name drop DDT Wrestling.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

Gargano/Ciampa

Owens/Zayn

Bayley/Sasha

If I never see them tie up again it'll be too soon. Since I tend to skip Dark except for highly pimped matches I'm not sure if AEW has any rivalry that's been run into the ground yet but given time, with their roster size, I think we'll get there eventually. Might help I only watch super pimped matches from Impact/MLW so a very good chunk of the roster isn't that known to me outside of Lucha Underground and maybe some NJPW matches. 

• Like 1

Mrs. Jake Hager may be the best heel wife since Queen Sharmell.

If Brodie Lee's Exploder suplex were a woman, I would ask it out to dinner and a movie.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I don't think it's a stretch to say, but Shida and Baker may have had the best women's match in AEW's brief history. I'd love to see the match stretch out into a full blown feud.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

I didn't even think that was Hikaru Shida's best AEW match, let alone the best women's match so far in AEW's history. It didn't seem to really even pick up and get terribly interesting until the final 5(ish) minutes or so. That might just be me, though.