DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is WrestleMania IX - 4/6/2020

Dolfan in NYC

So if this was taped before Mania, then technically Drew vs Big Show isn't his first title defense it was a #1 contenders match to get to Brock.  Even though Drew had the belt with him.  This is what happens people when you fuck with the past too much.  Clearly the bookers didn't watch Back to the Future  ?

Or when we mean the "Time before Mania" do we mean the time Mania was actually shown or the time Mania was taped.   Seriously imagine trying to decode this timeline years from now  ?

Edited by hammerva

I haven't seen a negative word about Deonna anywhere - and I don't know why, because she gets a lot of hype and everything that I've seen from her has been pretty meh.

Maybe she thinks talking about overcoming "haters" will be good for her social media presence.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - per Meltzer (and remembering how time works), this RAW was taped before Mania

And I wonder why time no longer has any meaning

Time is a round square.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

So if this was taped before Mania, then technically Drew vs Big Show isn't his first title defense it was a #1 contenders match to get to Brock.  Even though Drew had the belt with him.  This is what happens people when you fuck with the past too much.  Clearly the bookers didn't watch Back to the Future  ?

Or when we mean the "Time before Mania" do we mean the time Mania was actually shown or the time Mania was taped.   Seriously imagine trying to decode this timeline years from now  ?

My best guess: Show/Drew was taped during Mania, the stuff on the RAW set was taped earlier in that week. IIRC, they did two episodes of SmackDown, then two of RAW, an unknown number of NXT, and then Mania.

So maybe Show just couldn't get there early enough to tape the match for RAW, and that's why they did the bizarre "never before has this happened" WrestleMania IX tribute.

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Raw Is WrestleMania IX - 4/6/2020
5 hours ago, Raziel said:

The negative "hate" comments going toward Deonna is that she's jobbing to someone people hate, and not getting an immediate push to the top.

Yeah. Nia is the female Big Show. She's gonna get so many stop and start pushes and turn heel/face about a thousand times in the next couple of years. That's what we hate.