DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2020

Curt McGirt

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 4:18 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We've seen Vince be a creepy pervert on tv. Who's to say he doesn't recruit jobbers and beat them up in the woods? I have no problem connecting Mr. Brodie to Evil Uno & Stu Grayson.

I don't think it's as much of an issue that you can't connect Brodie to Uno and Grayson, it's that it feels like a completely different gimmick now. Everything with Uno, the creepers and the build up to Brodie's reveal was more of a cult. Now that we know who the exhaulted one is, it feel like a mafia gimmick almost. Which to me is fine. One of the things most universally panned in the entire run of AEW has been the dark order. And we can say what we want about this company, they are more willing then Mr McBoss and friends to change things up when something isn't working. Brodie is clearly working the kinks of this character out. AEW shows that it's ok to have faith in them to at least try and change a story for the better

Maybe Brian Cage should be brought in with them. Bringing him in would add more much needed muscle to the team, and have another guy at Lee’s level of the stable. Plus just throwing Cage out there alone would guarantee him getting lost in the shuffle. We saw that with Bobby Lashley in the WWE recently.

On another note. I feel like the outcome of B&G should end with the break up of the Inner Circle. There is too much potential being held back with them all together. Santana & Ortiz need to be faces because The Revival are coming in, and you don’t want them to get overshadowed even more. Also you have two guys with great chemistry like Jericho & Sammy who can be used more often. As well Jericho can’t really go as a singles anymore, so it’s kind of a waste to have a stable backing a guy that won’t be holding top singles gold anymore.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 4/10/2020 at 8:57 AM, AxB said:

So am I the only one having a hard time connecting that control freak, dress code, no sneezing, no yawning Brodie Lee and his lackeys are the same stable as Evil Uno and Stu Grayson being creepy perverts, recruiting jobbers and beating people up in the woods?

I'm viewing The Exalted One's arrival as the progression of the Cult of the Dark Order to that of a sinister criminal Corporation.... like The Foot Clan or Cobra.

• Like 3

Brodie Lee as Tyler Durden? I wouldn't be surprised. While they've cut a few angles and stables that they felt didn't have direction, per all the news about dismantling the Nightmare group run by Brandi, they've stuck with Dark Order which gots me thinking it'll be something huge when we get to the reveal. I could be way off and will admit as much once we get to that point.

It's funny, for all the vitriol that some feds get for rushing through storylines and not letting them breathe, I do at times get antsy wishing we could get bigger nuggets of the direction they're going rather than the appetizers we've gotten. That's just me being impatient hahahaha but I'm also glad they're letting it simmer and build, which ? I hope gets us to a huge payoff?

The sooner they break the D.O up, the better. Brodie leading a bunch of mediocre hairy, flabby white guys in gimp masks is not a good look for him - at all. There is nothing compelling about the set-up; it is a deeply uncool angle, and just wastes time that could be much better spent with other talents & storylines. Finding a worse large-scale stable set up than it is actually a pretty hard task.

If I had Tony Khan money and did something wrestling-related it'd probably be something stupid like try and buy Big Japan or IWRG. Either that or pay LA Park megabucks to do all the dream matches I want him to before he imminently retires.

Speaking of which, Hey Tony: Can you pay Park megabucks to do AEW matches before he imminently retires? I know you're reading dude.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Park lost his mask soon once this shit is over, and done with. One things for sure, he’s going to be in the worst shape possible for him in this stage of his career when he gets back. I would take a big ass pay day, and get the fuck out of this business. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'm viewing The Exalted One's arrival as the progression of the Cult of the Dark Order to that of a sinister criminal Corporation

I mean, if that isn’t the difference between working for a lot of indy wrestling promotions and working for WWE I don’t know what is. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Park lost his mask soon once this shit is over, and done with. One things for sure, he’s going to be in the worst shape possible for him in this stage of his career when he gets back. I would take a big ass pay day, and get the fuck out of this business.

You have some good points. At the same time I think when/if this is over, crowds are going to explode for sports and public events across the board. 

...and of course, that's when the bell rings for Round 2. 

Oh I’m sure attendance will explode. I’ve been talking with other people about this. It’ll be a long time away, but if people are patient enough this will a very monumental moment for all live entertainment. So much money will be made on that day for the two largest wrestling promotions in the US. There is no question about it. I might even fly out to the first AEW show just to be in person for the live reactions.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

54 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You have some good points. At the same time I think when/if this is over, crowds are going to explode for sports and public events across the board. 

...and of course, that's when the bell rings for Round 2. 

Ding ding ding.

It's going to take a long while for entertainment to lure me anywhere.

• Like 1

Bah god almighty, next week on the 200th episode of Being The Elite - the Young Bucks Explode! Nick Jackson versus Matt Jackson on a tennis court in an "Anywhere Goes" Match (whatever that means).

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Rule #2. I laughed hard. Also, Frankie without being on Dynamite or Dark looks really freaking old. Even older than CD. 

Excalibur mentioning the Civic during the three-way made me rewind it a few times. This is almost truly PWG Excalibur.

One match show. Literally a one-man show. I guess this was the last of what they have from Jacksonville.