DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2020

Curt McGirt

14 hours ago, Web Conn said:

They could start doing a top ten and the bottom 6 contend for the TNT Championship

I suggested earlier this year if they introduced a 2nd singles belt, they should do what most soccer leagues do, and have relegation. So similar to what you said, have everybody that is out of the top five  be able to compete for it, but not be able to compete for the AEW Title. Maybe make every six months a cutoff period for relegation. I believe if you make the top five you should be able to go for both belts. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

10 hours ago, Casey said:

So according to WrestlingInc, Dynamite last night was almost shut down by Georgia authorities but they had the correct documentation and were allowed to continue on with the show/tapings. But state officials stayed all night to ensure that the proper guidelines were followed.

They also said that what they've taped already, in the past few weeks and last night/tonight (?) should allow them to air new content through the middle of May.

Yeah, that's what Observer radio said as well.  So at least they got all that in the can for a good while and aren't trying to do this every week.  

Back when WCW had rankings in the early 90's, and the PWI rankings right up until I stopped reading it, the secondary champ was always at the top of the contender rankings.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Back when WCW had rankings in the early 90's, and the PWI rankings right up until I stopped reading it, the secondary champ was always at the top of the contender rankings.

Im pretty sure that the US Champ and IC Champ were always number 1 contenders in the Apter mags.

Rewatching Revolution. Bucks vs Omega/ Page is still really good, but i still can't tell where Kenny broke his hand, if anything it looks like he hurt it taking a Superkick (which seems unlikely). Kris Stat being ill really hurt the Women's title match, you can tell she wasn't able to go full speed. You can tell JR doesn't know where the line of Political Correctness is, because he says innocuous things like Nyla has a size advantage, and then apologises in case that was offensive. Cody vs MJF felt too long and lacked the level of intensity that the build warranted, and MJF getting bust wide open by Cody's sock seems a bit wrong. Pac vs Cassidy was perfect wrestling. And I didn't rewatch Jericho vs Moxley yet.

• Like 1

Matches on BTE now? 

Do these count in the records? 

Also, this:

That was quick

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

Finished watching Revolution. Moxley vs Jericho felt pretty WWE-ish. Like, it could have been shorter and tighter, and going 30 minutes it felt a bit meandering and lacking in intensity. Also the eyepatch really hurt the match. Partly because he was using a normal string version rather than taping it to his head like he had been doing, and it kept falling off and uncovering his eye, and partly because he bladed under the patch to try and get the visual clue that the eye was re-injured and he might be risking his eyesight and career, but it mostly just stopped the bloodflow and trapped it.

Of Jericho's PPV main event matches (against Omega, Page and Cody as well as the Moxley match), it felt like this was the least of them. I really liked Cody vs Jericho at Full Gear, but both of them had hyped grudge matches at Revolution that didn't feel grudging enough.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

he bladed under the patch

I actually think he got busted open the hard way. You can tell he looked concussed, and had swelling on his eye after getting thrown into the ring post. He also was missing live from some shows(though he did appear on the post Revolution show) before the lockdown took place. Some think he was recovering from the concussion.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I actually think he got busted open the hard way. You can tell he looked concussed, and had swelling on his eye after getting thrown into the ring post. He also was missing live from some shows(though he did appear on the post Revolution show) before the lockdown took place. Some think he was recovering from the concussion.

The inner circle attacked him in the crowd and then in the hall and then he was power bombed off the stage on the show after Revolution. That doesn’t seem like a responsible way to handle a guy that needs to recover from a concussion. And that would also be inconsistent with how AEW has treated talent so far.

That Sabian match... Woof... I’m not sure who’s at fault, but they had to edit portions of it, and whatever they did still looked sloppy at the end. They need more Wardlow matches on there. I hope they just got all the jobbers to work 20 second squash matches with him to fill several weeks of dark.

I’m happy for the indie guys this week on Dark, but that had to have been the worst crew they’ve had on these shows. They should’ve got Luchasaurus, and Lee out there to re-record these, so they could beat the piss out of them.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

The Daily's Place Darks, they brought in veteran indie workers who had years of experience. Whereas the indie workers they used on this show were much greener. I mean, Anna Jay seemed green too, but she was considered ready for Dynamite and signed to a deal. If these guys were even greener...

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They should’ve got Luchasaurus, and Lee out there to re-record these, so they could beat the piss out of them.

If Luchasaurus wrestles during Lockdown, it'll be on BTE, not Dark or Dynamite. The California crew couldn't travel to the tapings.