DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Actively shopping would imply there is just a laundry list of potential buyers. I think with WWE, it's going to be a few media conglomerates with a realistic shot and whether or not they're willing to play ball. Otherwise, I wouldn't say it's shopping.

If no one comes up with the right price, then it's not for sale.

Honestly, that ties to why I didn't get that:

ESPN/Fox sounded legit, but when it's remembered Disney didn't get the Fox Network, it makes less sense. Likewise, the "NBC-Universal knows how important WWE is to USA being a top cable network, so Comcast would ABSOLUTELY match or beat any price Disney offered" would also help. 

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Maybe Vince wants to sell it because he's finally decided that neither Shane nor Steph should actually inherit the company.

This ties to the other part of it-...apparently, after that Tweet by Colter got legs, it was revealed that Vince McMahon's stock is set up so that it can only remain the way it is if he directly sells it to another member of the McMahon family. Otherwise, it instantly becomes common stock and Vince will remain a majority owner. 

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, that ties to why I didn't get that:

ESPN/Fox sounded legit, but when it's remembered Disney didn't get the Fox Network, it makes less sense. Likewise, the "NBC-Universal knows how important WWE is to USA being a top cable network, so Comcast would ABSOLUTELY match or beat any price Disney offered" would also help. 

This ties to the other part of it-...apparently, after that Tweet by Colter got legs, it was revealed that Vince McMahon's stock is set up so that it can only remain the way it is if he directly sells it to another member of the McMahon family. Otherwise, it instantly becomes common stock and Vince will remain a majority owner. 

That's been known for years.

• Like 1

Guys, guys... Your fave just showed her true colors. Just except it, and stop looking for a defense. I mean she is Australian. That was a red flag right there. Also I wouldn’t be too shocked if she never makes it back to the roster. When was the last time she’s consistently been on TV. When she won the belts with Billie? It’s over guys. Not even another controversial tweet by Tuna Meltz will save her.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Listen I’m no expert on Australia, but I think “Boom Boom” is a Aussie slang term for Aboriginal music. So she pretty much said “Tribal Music”. So go on, and pull out the torches people, while DZ pulls out the pictures for defense.

Just because I have never heard this before does not discount the main take away.

We really are a total pack of cunts. Most of whom are racist.

It has been pointed out that none of the previous main roster talent cuts were from Smackdown, and that Axel/Velasquez might be the start of a bigger cut. It could be that Fox had to clear the names or some such.

People who should probably toss their phones:

Bo Dallas (potentially saved by Bray tho)

Dana Brooke (Batista?)

Ember Moon

Kalisto

Lars Sullivan

Lince Dorado

Mojo Rawley

Mustafa Ali (and yeah that is his listed name)

Robert Roode

Shorty G

Tucker (ouch, but he's a third wheel right now)

Edited by ComingToAmerica