DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't think it would have gotten very far. Didn't Tajiri's Yakuza-like stable get kiboshed quickly because Tajiri was afraid pissing off the Yakuza?

Sort of. The group continued, but they apparently were split from Tajiri quickly because of the aforementioned reason.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 6:47 PM, Edwin said:

I don't think there's even been a standout CZW or GCW commentary team.

John House wasn't a standout? Only partially kidding. I always had fun with him and Gargiulo. As for GCW, I've watched some shows where Nick Gage has been on commentary and that has been entertaining. Not a set team so it doesn't apply but still a load of fun. Especially at the backyard wrestling show. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Yoko in the 00's would have been The Samoan Gangsta. He would have been mad over in the San Francisco Bay Area. He'd be rolling out E-40, Mac Dre, and Luniz to the ring with him.

He could have been the leader of the Samoan Gangsta Party.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Definitely not for everybody. I get that for sure.

So, here's something super unrelated... How great was Konnan? Looked cool, had the sickest moveset, great talker, got southerners to chant "viva la raza" en masse, got gassed on the way to the ring to the point he was dangerously throwing/dropping guys on their domes. I think I kind of love Konnan only semi-ironically. 

I loved K-Dawg as a kid. I saw him at a BK before a house show at the Joe Louis and he was not happy to be recognized, but he did sign an issue of WOW for me That night I bought the "K-Dawg 187" shirt and promptly got in trouble at school because the teachers thought it was gang related. I've never seen his Mexico stuff, outside of When World's Collide, but in WCW, he was my dude. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I was watching this match by myself while drinking a few and that part had me jacked up for the rest of the match. Pretty great match, if I remember right. 

Yeah it was great for sure. Really well laid out finishing sequence.

Edited by Oyaji

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Actively shopping would imply there is just a laundry list of potential buyers. I think with WWE, it's going to be a few media conglomerates with a realistic shot and whether or not they're willing to play ball. Otherwise, I wouldn't say it's shopping.

If no one comes up with the right price, then it's not for sale.

Honestly, that ties to why I didn't get that:

ESPN/Fox sounded legit, but when it's remembered Disney didn't get the Fox Network, it makes less sense. Likewise, the "NBC-Universal knows how important WWE is to USA being a top cable network, so Comcast would ABSOLUTELY match or beat any price Disney offered" would also help. 

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Maybe Vince wants to sell it because he's finally decided that neither Shane nor Steph should actually inherit the company.

This ties to the other part of it-...apparently, after that Tweet by Colter got legs, it was revealed that Vince McMahon's stock is set up so that it can only remain the way it is if he directly sells it to another member of the McMahon family. Otherwise, it instantly becomes common stock and Vince will remain a majority owner. 

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, that ties to why I didn't get that:

ESPN/Fox sounded legit, but when it's remembered Disney didn't get the Fox Network, it makes less sense. Likewise, the "NBC-Universal knows how important WWE is to USA being a top cable network, so Comcast would ABSOLUTELY match or beat any price Disney offered" would also help. 

This ties to the other part of it-...apparently, after that Tweet by Colter got legs, it was revealed that Vince McMahon's stock is set up so that it can only remain the way it is if he directly sells it to another member of the McMahon family. Otherwise, it instantly becomes common stock and Vince will remain a majority owner. 

That's been known for years.

• Like 1

Guys, guys... Your fave just showed her true colors. Just except it, and stop looking for a defense. I mean she is Australian. That was a red flag right there. Also I wouldn’t be too shocked if she never makes it back to the roster. When was the last time she’s consistently been on TV. When she won the belts with Billie? It’s over guys. Not even another controversial tweet by Tuna Meltz will save her.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Listen I’m no expert on Australia, but I think “Boom Boom” is a Aussie slang term for Aboriginal music. So she pretty much said “Tribal Music”. So go on, and pull out the torches people, while DZ pulls out the pictures for defense.

Just because I have never heard this before does not discount the main take away.

We really are a total pack of cunts. Most of whom are racist.