DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So this video just appeared today. It’s former WWE Diva Amy Weber. You know the one that was the target of Orton’s infamous gym bag rib. Well she opens about the harassment she received from Orton, but also Edge as well.

Rochelle Lowen was the bag rib one the following year, but this was a great watch. I had always heard the Japan photo rib story as the reason Amy left so it's nice to finally hear the full reason and that there was more to it. Also that JBL had nothing to do with it as was reported at the time, nice to hear that she's all positive about him. Shame/sad to hear that Edge and Orton were the actual reason she left, she was my favorite from all the Diva Searches. 

• Like 2

I'm curious if Vince is mad at Roman for of they just didn't mention him in order to not call attention to the last minute change.

If this eventually ends up with Roman out of the company... That's the final nail in squandering the most "can't miss kid" in two decades finished.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm curious if Vince is mad at Roman for of they just didn't mention him in order to not call attention to the last minute change.

If this eventually ends up with Roman out of the company... That's the final nail in squandering the most "can't miss kid" in two decades finished.

There's no way they would let him go. Now, I could see them for punishment doing something like pushing him near the top and then pulling the rug out at the last minute for years on end.

Wait, what?

• Like 3

Keep in mind, Vince co-wrote a movie where a morally bankrupt wrestling promoter kidnapped the girlfriend of America's biggest wrestling star AND had the guy's younger brother crippled and put into a wheelchair in order to pressure him into working a match.

If I'm Roman, I'm sending my daughter to live with distant relatives in Samoa until all this blows over.

Edited by Southside Jim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Roman might be the only full time guy with enough pull to say “no.” 

Bryan could,, its not like he was in a big spot before all this kicked  off plus he was one of the first top guys to big vocal about not working the Saudi shows. He's got a pregnant wife and according to her he's got a Pre existing condition. I highly doubt Vince is making him work these shows, although I'm sure Vince would rather have him available to work. According to Certain people,  he's been unhappy for a while now. I don't see the point in hin working right now other than maybe he feels like he's having fun working with guys like Gulak and  freedom and the time to work matches he wouldn't have had under normal circumstances.

Honestly I think most of the locker room probably expected Vince to be forced to shut it down by now, because I sure they knew Vince wasn't going to do it on his own. They probably thought to themselves ,"let me keep going till we are forced to stop", instead of just bowing out on their own. I'm sure there's a few people lower in the card that's thinking let me work through this and Win Vince over while I can and earn my spot for when ever this is over. I'm sure it's the same thought process for different guys about working the Saudi shows. In a way you cant really blame guys either way. It's still a risk for everyone but it depends on the outlook of the individual.

• Like 1

That would be an interesting social experiment: an NXT/WWE "lifer" who never worked the "$20 and a sandwich" indy circuit, suddenly gets cast out of WWE and has to go work AEW/New Japan/RoH/Impact/NWA Powerr/MLW.

Guys who never learned to improvise a promo, never worked an Amazing Red vs. Will Osprey style match, never worked a Jon Moxley vs Kenny Omega style death match, have no idea that scum like Ian Rotten populate the business....

When those guys invariably become free agents, it'll be really interesting to see what happens to them.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I mean that's pretty much the post-WWE/pre-AEW Cody Rhodes story, yeah?

Yeah, with the apparent caveat that guys went out of their way to look out for him because of who his dad is. Nothing wrong with it, but it might be slightly harder for Mojo Rawley to find work when he's released than the Son of the American Dream...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I'd never heard that Kevin Owens told the Young Bucks to look after Cody because of who his father was, just that Cody was well-liked backstage.

I could've misconstrued that story. If so, my fault.

18 minutes ago, Southside Jim said:

That would be an interesting social experiment: an NXT/WWE "lifer" who never worked the "$20 and a sandwich" indy circuit, suddenly gets cast out of WWE and has to go work AEW/New Japan/RoH/Impact/NWA Powerr/MLW.

Guys who never learned to improvise a promo, never worked an Amazing Red vs. Will Osprey style match, never worked a Jon Moxley vs Kenny Omega style death match, have no idea that scum like Ian Rotten populate the business....

When those guys invariably become free agents, it'll be really interesting to see what happens to them.

Is this about Roman? Because that dude would get a fat AEW contract, cut loose and look more like a star than he ever did in WWE. He'd never need to think about MLW or Impact.

Also, Roman Reigns working an Osprey-Red style match would be dumb as dirt. Him not working like that is a feature, not a bug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4