DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

9 hours ago, sabremike said:

BTW if you are watching the GCW Pop Up Video show you know why everyone here calls the commission the New York State Asshole Commission. 

To me the most interesting Pop Up from the show is that Gringo Loco has been working for about 4 years with a defibrillator implanted to his chest.  Would have to think hard to wrestle period much his lucha libre style  

Edited by hammerva

Re: that dumb press release, it's just marketing. They're trying to make themselves seem essential because they know people will take issue with the latest edition of "Vince McMahon endangers the lives of his non-employees." It's basically a CYA - similar to the post-9/11 faux patriotism of "Americans need their entertainment right now!" They've set it up so criticism of their decision can be argued against by the "can't someone just think about the economy" idiots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So after seeing IWTV get mentioned a ton for various reasons I finally caved and got the subscription last night.  I know of stuff from Beyond, GCW, Black Label Pro and Zona 23 (the third seemed pretty wild when flipping through an episode)  But considering there's tons of promotions are there any smaller ones that are worth checking out?  I've seen listings for stuff like Pizza Party Wrestling that seems wacky enough to try but I'm down for anything else worth looking into.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So after seeing IWTV get mentioned a ton for various reasons I finally caved and got the subscription last night.  I know of stuff from Beyond, GCW, Black Label Pro and Zona 23 (the third seemed pretty wild when flipping through an episode)  But considering there's tons of promotions are there any smaller ones that are worth checking out?  I've seen listings for stuff like Pizza Party Wrestling that seems wacky enough to try but I'm down for anything else worth looking into.  Thanks in advance.

AIW is really good (and has a long history). The GCW shows that are getting added are pretty top tier indie as well. There's a lot of archived IWA Mid South and CZW, which are both generally not great, but the bright spots are fantastic. Quite a lot of Chikara on there as well. Maybe look at Wrestling Resurgence if you want Britwres (IWTV is mostly American, a bit Mexican and a tiny bit British. Plus there's one promotion from Finland or Sweden I think).

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

AIW is really good (and has a long history). The GCW shows that are getting added are pretty top tier indie as well. There's a lot of archived IWA Mid South and CZW, which are both generally not great, but the bright spots are fantastic. Quite a lot of Chikara on there as well. Maybe look at Wrestling Resurgence if you want Britwres (IWTV is mostly American, a bit Mexican and a tiny bit British. Plus there's one promotion from Finland or Sweden I think).

Thanks for that.  I think this is going to work nicely for me as unless it's AEW and to an extent WWE I tend to watch various promotions for a short time before I either lose track or get bored and check something else.  With all the options available if even an eighth of these are good then I'll be getting more than my money's worth.

So this video just appeared today. It’s former WWE Diva Amy Weber. You know the one that was the target of Orton’s infamous gym bag rib. Well she opens about the harassment she received from Orton, but also Edge as well.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

What was the name of that tape trader that would send you a bloody phone book with his list of tapes to purchase back in the 90s/early 00's?

I had to read this 3-4 times before I realized the meaning of the word 'bloody' here.  I kept picturing a phonebook covered in blood arriving with a package of tapes and was unclear on the reasoning...

1 hour ago, Southside Jim said:

Regardless of what she says or does, I'll always remember Rousey primarily for being transgender-phobic.

I will also remember her for talking about how much she loved the girls and saying how she helped them before leaving them like "fly little birdies" but not actually really helping to get any one of them over.  She basically steamrolled all the women on Raw for the better part of a year whilst never losing; had Becky get over in spite of her/at her expense (And complained about it to management), then lost the title on a fluky roll-up that she couldn't even keep her shoulder down for and stood around complaining to the ref which didn't really give Becky any sort of rub whatsoever.  The fact that Becky is still over is a testament to her work/her character and much less to do with Ronda.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1