DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

It’s almost like people still have a right to privacy.

Other people's right not to die from Coronavirus > Your right to privacy. Seriously. God forbid I contracted this thing but if I do literally the very first thing I would do is post it on FB and try and tell as many people who I possibly could've come into contact with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I can't think of anything more absurd than someone who was Ahmed Johnson level in terms of being reckless and hurting people having the nerve to go after anyone else for not being safe in the ring. 

The difference is that Nia gives a shit. If that's not important to you, then so be it. Carelessness is different than someone being brought up before htey were ready.

20 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Ok, fuck it. Now I want the female Brawl for All to see if Shayna Baszler's striking is somehow worse than women who never been in an actual fight before.

Can you do a calf slicer in Brawl for All?

I would re-subscribe to the network for this ? Hell its perfect for right now 

Edited by keith_h
  • Like 2

Guest Edwin
54 minutes ago, just drew said:

Nia going in hard with her response to Rousey. I'm not sure who I'd take there. Rousey is a gifted fighter, but Nia is giant, Samoan, and angry. We know she packs a punch, too. 

No.

Even though Ronda had some of the worse stand up in women's MMA, none of these females would stand a chance against her in a shoot.

22 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Now I want the female Brawl for All...

629e066404f6e39c-600x338.gif

Guest Edwin
18 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Ronda was semi competent...Shayna let BETHE CORREIA use her as a speedbag

xm12uz.gif

Wish I had a counterargument, but Ronda did faceplant Bethe. ?

Closest thing we'll get to a female Brawl for All is RIZIN's women's openweight division which had Gabi Garcia, Shinobu Kandori, Yumiko Hotta and Jazzy Gabert, but we never got the teased Gabi/Jazzy fight. We did get Kandori storming off at a weigh in because Gabi had to pull out of a fight at last minute and Hotta running the ropes when the bell rung.

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

Wish I had a counterargument, but Ronda did faceplant Bethe. ?

Shayna being terrible gave us DANCING BETHE~!

source.gif

giphy.gif

Never forget.

Closest thing we'll get to a female Brawl for All is RIZIN's women's openweight division which had Gabi Garcia, Shinobu Kandori, Yumiko Hotta and Jazzy Gabert, but we never got the teased Gabi/Jazzy fight. We did get Kandori storming off at a weigh in because Gabi had to pull out of a fight at last minute and Hotta running the ropes when the bell rung.

Kandori let Tenryu take liberties on her in LLPW. She is crazy as ALL get out. 

Kandoriwithswolleneye.jpg

I bet on her in the COVID-19 apocalypse Brawl for All.

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Holy shit. I've never seen that photo or knew that was a thing. Madness. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/a41u9v/wrestling_observer_rewind_jul_31_2000/

Dave saw a tape of the recent Genichiro Tenryu vs. Shinobu Kandori match. In case you're not aware, Kandori is female. It was a man vs. woman match and it was basically booked as a shoot. Tenryu mercilessly beat the shit out of this poor woman and Dave says it was really uncomfortable to watch. I can't find a video of this and frankly I'm not sure I even want to, but here's a (tiny) pic of Kandori afterwards and it's not pretty.

The same Observer

In the "Where Are They Now?" dept., Bob Orton Jr. is now 49 years old and says he's retired from wrestling for good after his match at the Heroes of Wrestling PPV last year. He's selling used cars near St. Louis. He says he doesn't like today's wrestling but noted that his 20-year-old son Randy has recently signed a WWF developmental deal

We are officially all old as fuck.

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

Yeah, I couldn't watch Suzuki vs. Kana, I don't think I'd be able to sit through Tenryu vs. Kandori and much less seeing the result of it. I know they had a tag match in WAR in which Kandori opposed Tenryu, but I've never watched even though it's been around forever, but I don't think they went anywhere near that level.

Just now, Edwin said:

Yeah, I couldn't watch Suzuki vs. Kana, I don't think I'd be able to sit through Tenryu vs. Kandori and much less seeing the result of it. I know they had a tag match in WAR in which Kandori opposed Tenryu, but I've never watched even though it's been around forever, but I don't think they went anywhere near that level.

IIRC it was pretty much comedy when she was in and interacted with anyone. Kandori does a low blow on Ultimo Dragon. Then, Ultimo tries to a low blow and Shinobu does the obligatory "But I have no balls" spot. 

In a statement to ESPN Saturday, WWE addressed their return to live programming starting Monday, their first official acknowledgement of the move since the story broke Friday night. 

The statement read:

"We believe it is now more important than ever to provide people with a diversion from these hard times. We are producing content on a closed set with only essential personnel in attendance following appropriate guidelines while taking additional precautions to ensure the health and wellness of our performers and staff. As a brand that has been woven into the fabric of society, WWE and its Superstars bring families together and deliver a sense of hope, determination and perseverance."

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 11