DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Vickie-Guerrero-696x392.jpg

On the cats as wrestlers talk, Vickie Guerrero was billed as a cougar. I miss Vickie, she always comes across so well as a person. The heat Vicki generated, EXCUSE ME!

Edited by The Natural

55468191-524-B-464-F-9998-7-B5-DD261-EB0 

As you can tell by the time, I couldn’t sleep so I was browsing around reddit. Chris Hero was doing an AMA and he gave dvdvr and Segunda Caida a shot out.

Edited by OctopusCinema
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

55468191-524-B-464-F-9998-7-B5-DD261-EB0 

As you can tell by the time, I couldn’t sleep so I was browsing around reddit. Chris Hero was doing an AMA and he gave dvdvr and Segunda Caida a shot out.

Cheers, Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno and @OctopusCinema.

Edited by The Natural

Not to add unnecessarily to the 'my non wrestling fan girlfriend has surprising insight into wrestling' genre of post, but thought the board would appreciate this one. My girlfriend moved in with me last week for coronaviral reasons, and has never been a TV watcher, so she's generally happy to occupy herself with other things while I watch my usual non wrestling bullshit. But, she's genuinely gotten interested in wrestling and will give it her full attention, even in its current sad, fanless state. So far she's enjoyed Aleister Black and Shotzi Blackheart for coolness reasons, but of all the AEW, MLW and WWE we've watched, her favourite has been Dustin Rhodes. About one minute into his tag match the other night, she was commenting about how gracefully he moved for someone so tall and middle aged, and how everything he did was executed incredibly well. I'm now going to try and find his match with Cody for the weekend. And should probably seek out his Wargames match, which I've shamefully never seen.

Edited by SturmCRF
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

Not to add unnecessarily to the 'my non wrestling fan girlfriend has surprising insight into wrestling' genre of post, but thought the board would appreciate this one. My girlfriend moved in with me last week for coronaviral reasons, and has never been a TV watcher, so she's generally happy to occupy herself with other things while I watch my usual non wrestling bullshit. But, she's genuinely gotten interested in wrestling and will give it her full attention, even in its current sad, fanless state. So far she's enjoyed Aleister Black and Shotzi Blackheart for coolness reasons, but of all the AEW, MLW and WWE we've watched, her favourite has been Dustin Rhodes. About one minute into his tag match the other night, she was commenting about how gracefully he moved for someone so tall and middle aged, and how everything he did was executed incredibly well. I'm now going to try and find his match with Cody for the weekend. And should probably seek out his Wargames match, which I've shamefully never seen.

Thanks for posting this, @SturmCRF. You're in for a real treat with WarGames from WrestleWar 1992. It's not only the best WarGames match, it's one of the best wrestling matches ever.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Just now, The Natural said:

If you want another Dustin Rhodes match to go for, vs. Vader at WCW Clash of the Champions XXIX.

I think I've told this story on here before but over a decade ago I was working a call center job for Dish Network. Dustin called in. It was hard not to mark out. I helped fix his problem and then asked if he was the wrestler (you could tell by his accent he was).  He said yes and actually was bullshitting with me for a few minutes. This was before he returned to WWE at one of the cyber sunday/taboo Tuesday deals.  Anyhow, I told him how much I liked his match with Vader and he said it was one of his personal favorites too.  He told me to keep his cell phone handy anytime I wanted to talk shop.  I did get to speak with him 2-3 times after that but sadly his number ended up being disconnected not too long after.

Another guy who called in during this time that was cool was NFL kicker Adam Viniteri.  I remember telling him he put away my Broncos more than once and he laughed and said "yeah I guess I did".  The big difference between Adam and Dustin was that Dustin had to pay for his service and Adam had an agency paying for his. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

If you want Goldust matches:

Steve Austin/Goldust/Legion of Doom/Ken Shamrock vs. Bret Hart/Owen Hart/Brian Pillman/British Bulldog/Jim Neidhart, WWF In Your House: 16 Canadian Stampede.

Goldust/Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins from WWE Battleground 2013.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I think I've told this story on here before but over a decade ago I was working a call center job for Dish Network. Dustin called in. It was hard not to mark out. I helped fix his problem and then asked if he was the wrestler (you could tell by his accent he was).  He said yes and actually was bullshitting with me for a few minutes. This was before he returned to WWE at one of the cyber sunday/taboo Tuesday deals.  Anyhow, I told him how much I liked his match with Vader and he said it was one of his personal favorites too.  He told me to keep his cell phone handy anytime I wanted to talk shop.  I did get to speak with him 2-3 times after that but sadly his number ended up being disconnected not too long after.

Another guy who called in during this time that was cool was NFL kicker Adam Viniteri.  I remember telling him he put away my Broncos more than once and he laughed and said "yeah I guess I did".  The big difference between Adam and Dustin was that Dustin had to pay for his service and Adam had an agency paying for his. 

First time for me. Thank you for sharing, @paintedbynumbers.

3 hours ago, OctopusCinema said:

I figured he was on here but am glad to find out he checks SC.  I hope he still does as I'd love to see what he thinks of the French Catch matches that have been put up.  Don't see him as much anymore but if he finds a way to work some of that stuff in then I know who to look to for that.

• Like 1

Just added by wwe.com. You could tell Brock Lesnar respected Daniel Bryan, as people should for his abilities and allowing Bryan to bring the stiffness in the stomps/forearms to Brock's face.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd show her the Dusty "view never changes" promo, then the Wargames 94 match, then the Battleground match. The Battleground match is absolutely amazing but you need to know the whole Dusty/Dustin backstory to get the full effect. 

If you want to have some fun throwing the ridiculous side of wrestling in there you can show her the Dusty/Dustin/Nasties bit from the bar before the Wargames match, too.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

If you want another Dustin Rhodes match to go for, vs. Vader at WCW Clash of the Champions XXIX.

That the Face Eraser finish? Lord yes.

• Like 2