DVDVR Message Board

20-10s ANIMATION Pimping Thread

The Natural

1 hour ago, Control said:

COCO is the best Pixar film of the decade. I will accept no claims to the contrary.

I've a feeling Coco will do that for me. That's the Pixar film I want to see the most this decade. Toy Story 4 the other as I've seen the previous three.

There's a film not mentioned here till now, Rango (2011). It's an animated Western movie. There's a memorable set piece with the score used for it and I marked out for a cameo, The Spirit of the West as a big fan of that actor. I thought it was him voicing the character at first. I'm going to find a spot for Rango on my ballot.

Edited by The Natural

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 1:02 PM, The Natural said:

There's a film not mentioned here till now, Rango (2011). It's an animated Western movie. There's a memorable set piece with the score used for it and I marked out for a cameo, The Spirit of the West as a big fan of that actor. I thought it was him voicing the character at first. I'm going to find a spot for Rango on my ballot.

I think @caley liked Rango as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Toy Story 4 (2019) last night. When Toy Story 4 was announced, I thought a fourth film wasn't required but I'd see it and see what I felt afterwards. The opening 30 minutes dragged and the film was a disappointment. Toy Story should have stopped with Toy Story 3 (2010), that was the ending to go out on.

On 4/6/2020 at 1:45 AM, RIPPA said:

Just remembered Zootopia came out this decade

That's on my list

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Planning to watch that this week. FYI, it was released as Zootropolis in the UK.

Just finished watching Zootropolis (2016). What a gem of a movie. A timely parable showing we have more in common than what causes divisions between people and communities. Stone cold lock to make my ballot.

Edited by The Natural

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Follow-up Rango and ZOOTOPIA, not Zootropolis, with Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs.

It's a shame Gore Verbinski never did anything else like Rango again. Plus his next movie after that was Lone Ranger ? 

Seen Rango. Talked about it on this page bigging it up. Zootopia is Zootropolis in the UK and on Disney+. The Avengers is Avengers Assemble in the UK but on Disney+, it's the Avengers version. Will see if Isle of Dogs is on streaming. Cheers.

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Think this final week will be used to catch up on Disney and Pixar films I've missed. I've only seen Toy Story 3 (2010), Inside Out (2015), Zootropolis (2016) and Toy Story 4 (2019). That's it.

Have my eyes on Wreck-it Ralph, Ralph Breaks The Internet, Coco, Big Hero 6 and Moana. Worth seeing?

Edited by The Natural

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Have my eyes on Wreck-it Ralph, Ralph Breaks The Internet, Coco, Big Hero 6 and Moana. Worth seeing?

I haven't seen either Ralph film, but the last three are all good. Coco is probably the best of them.

• Thanks 1

Watched Coco (2017). A moving film for the subject matter, life and death. The last ten minutes made me cry. Stupid Pixar. Glad we got an extra week as my ballot is better off for Coco and Zootropolis inclusion on it.

Edited by The Natural

Moana (2016). Chances are this will be the last film I'll see for the project and it was a good one to end on about a people's culture, stories of our elders as an example of that. I'm not sure yet whether it'll make my final ballot. When it came to the Academy Awards in 2017 for films released in 2016, Zootropolis beat Moana to Best Animated Feature which I agree with. How the hell did "How Far I'll Go" lose Best Original Song to "City of Stars" from La La Land?

Edited by The Natural