DVDVR Message Board

Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson Appreciation.

12 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I hope the first night he’s back he’s about to cut a promo on Omega, but instead blindsides Omega, and turns heel, at the same time turns Omega face again. Then pulls off his fake beard, takes out an electric shaver to remove his hair, and doesn’t say a word whatsoever while Final Countdown plays to completion to close the show.

actually to set this up you got to have Kenny shake Hangman’s hand out of respect at All Out, and then not return to TV until the Queens episode to cut a babyface promo putting over Page.

Two major issues with that:

1. Nowhere near ready to turn Omega back face yet. He just turned heel last winter, and think he's really finding his groove as a heel the last few months (and his last two title defenses were easily his two best matches as heel champ). Yes, he should lose the title to Hangman at All Out, but there's a lot more left to his heel run (unless he has to take some time off after the title run to let his injuries heal).

2. For as much as the AEW crowd generally cheers the faces and boos the heels, not a chance in hell they want to boo Bryan Danielson, especially as he would be the biggest name to sign with them (at least with the modern audience, still have a soft spot for Sting's debut myself). Now, maybe he turns after a year or two in AEW once the shock and nostalgia factor wears off a bit, but he's not going to be a heel from the jump.

1. Omega is over, and it’s not like he can’t still be that jerk, and a face at the same time, as well as keep Don Callis as his manager.

2. Bryan Danielson has been that WWE persona for so long already that it’s time for something different. I just prefer if we saw the hairless heel bastard from the 00’s back on screen once again, rather than the goat face dude. If fans try to chant “Yes” he can comeback with “Did I ask you white trash pieces of shit a question?”. If they chant “Daniel Bryan”, he can respond with “That’s not my real name, MARKS”. There are ways to get around, and Bryan Danielson is smart enough to steer these fans away from it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

I'm not keen on Omega as a face so the idea of Bryan coming in as a heel off the bat doesn't really grab me, I'd prefer heel Bryan v Hangman down the line.

On 7/17/2021 at 2:51 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

TK would absolutely buy the rights to "Final Countdown". I could just picture the crowds singing along like we did in his ROH days.

"Final Countdown" might be tricky, as iconic a sports song as it is.

Now "Self Esteem" OTOH...

You have to debut Bryan as a face I think, but one issue is that your biggest top heel is weeks from getting his comeuppance and losing his title. 

I'm bad about turning things into fantasy booking threads, but maybe you can do a deal where Omega loses at All Out and plays the "I've only lost one title and still have all these others, I'm still the best in the world" card, which then draws Bryan out. 

I'd be very interested to see what a card that looked something like the Omega/Bryan dream match, a Hangman title defense (Andrade?) and some other stuff like Miro/Mox, a big Darby match (Darby/Black writes itself) and Baker/Deeb or Rosa would draw. AEW's not yet in a position to sell out 70k stadiums, but I think you could make a run at selling out some sort of 40k venue in a destination location with that.

There is practically nobody in AEW I wouldn't want to watch Danielson wrestle, so week after week should be amazing but my number one is probably going to be Darby, and I also think that Brian versus John Silver will fucking rule. And shit, he's never wrestled Christian Cage...

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 2:32 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

1. Omega is over, and it’s not like he can’t still be that jerk, and a face at the same time, as well as keep Don Callis as his manager.

2. Bryan Danielson has been that WWE persona for so long already that it’s time for something different. I just prefer if we saw the hairless heel bastard from the 00’s back on screen once again, rather than the goat face dude. If fans try to chant “Yes” he can comeback with “Did I ask you white trash pieces of shit a question?”. If they chant “Daniel Bryan”, he can respond with “That’s not my real name, MARKS”. There are ways to get around, and Bryan Danielson is smart enough to steer these fans away from it.

All I ask is not to sacrifice Hangman Page in order to book an Omega vs. Danielson title match.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

All I ask is not to sacrifice Hangman Page in order to book an Omega vs. Danielson title match.

Omega vs. Danielson doesn't need the AEW Championship. Stick to the booking, Adam Hangman Page becomes the new AEW World Champion. This is coming from the biggest Bryan Danielson fanboy going.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Omega vs. Danielson doesn't need the AEW Championship. Stick to the booking, Adam Hangman Page becomes the new AEW World Champion. This is coming from the biggest Bryan Danielson fanboy going.

Not that Omega or Danielson are as bad as past their primes Jarrett, Nash, Kurt Angle, Sting or DDP, but in TNA whenever they got a new big name or shiny new toy they'd always do this. They'd re-shuffle the storyline deck to build their world title picture or main events around Sting, Angle, or whatever big name from the Monday Night Wars era they could get signed at the time. Or they'd constantly go back to another shitty title run for Jarrett while squandering guys with potential, like Monty Brown. I maintain that Brown could've been a huge star for TNA.

• Like 1

Lost in all the AEW hype is the potential triumphant return of Danielson to New Japan, where another whole ton of dream matches could take place. Ibushi, Tanahashi, Okada, fuckin YANO. Gimme. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Lost in all the AEW hype is the potential triumphant return of Danielson to New Japan, where another whole ton of dream matches could take place. Ibushi, Tanahashi, Okada, fuckin YANO. Gimme. 

Of those, Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi the most. To add to your post: Tetsuya Naito and Minoru Suzuki.

• Like 1

It's almost easier to name the members of the NJPW roster who wouldn't be compelling matches for Danielson. The Bullet Club shenanigans guys...and...that's it? Even then, I'll take Danielson vs. Switchblade all day if the Gedo stuff is kept to a minimum.

I mean...not everybody on the board is high on SANADA. But, all of that guy's best matches have come against ZSJ. Stylistically, you can't tell me a SANADA/Danielson matchup couldn't work just as well, if not better.

I'd love to see a special single match series vs. a few of the juniors, even. El Desperado, a healed-up Hiromu...heck, Danielson vs. Big Match Taguch could still be a lot of fun.

Probably quite a few entertaining tags to be had if he can find a good partner, too. Between AEW and NJPW, those possibilities are endless.

• Like 3

Bryan should definitely try to get the "I ! DON'T ! KNOW !" chant over if and when he shows up in AEW. That would be the realest, most widely applicable chant to come out of pro wrestling ever, even more than "Yes!" "What?" and "Wooooo!"

EDIT: I really really hope that these Bryan to AEW rumours turn out to be true. 

Adding Bryan to the current AEW roster means that we are just MiSu, Ishii, Cesaro, el Generico, and a bunch of ex-Osaka Pro guys away from my literal dream roster, from the actual roster that I used to book in Fire Pro's GM mode.

It feels almost too good to be true. I am almost afraid to get my hopes up because I want this to happen so much.

And I feel like he'd be such a great addition in the locker room and just raise the level of... damn near everything in AEW.

I could not possibly be more excited for a pro-wrestling related rumour.

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gordberg said:

Bryan should definitely try to get the "I ! DON'T ! KNOW !"

If that happens, call Luger up, and give him every illegal substance known to man, and tell him “Why fade away, when you can burn out like a star”, then book him in a feud with Danielson over the catchphrase.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I didn’t realize how much I wanted a Bryan/Yano match before now.

If Bryan can work with Kane for ten minutes teasing only a hug?  We could have the first 5star comedy match here.

• Like 1