DVDVR Message Board

2020 - 2021 NCAA BASKETBALL THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

HO=LEEE SHIT!  Run... run.....run....VCU!  Without their best player, Bones Hyland,  the Rams beat the best team in the A-10, St Louis, 68-66. ROCK SHAKA CHALK!

On 2/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, Log said:

You guys think the selection committee is racking their brains to try and figure out how they can still give Duke a 2 seed and have them play in Raleigh?

Oh you know they will try to squeeze Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina in this tournament.  as long as they finish with a winning record they are probably in

I am more fascinating how they are handling Baylor.   They are ranked #2 overall so they should be a #1 in one of the regions.  But they have played a total of 4 games in the last month.   Will the NCAA the punish because of all the headaches they have been having.   They are definitely going to be the biggest risk in the march Madness bubble 

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Oh you know they will try to squeeze Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina in this tournament.  as long as they finish with a winning record they are probably in

I am more fascinating how they are handling Baylor.   They are ranked #2 overall so they should be a #1 in one of the regions.  But they have played a total of 4 games in the last month.   Will the NCAA the punish because of all the headaches they have been having.   They are definitely going to be the biggest risk in the march Madness bubble 

Duke will absolutely get in and they'll get a seed they absolutely don't deserve.  They're 7th in the not-great ACC at the moment.  That probably translates to a 4 seed, maybe a 5.  No way they get the 11 or 12 they actually deserve.

For what it is worth - Joe Lunardi's Bracketology (which just happened to get released) has

North Carolina as a 10 seed (and trending down)

Duke is in the Next Four Out list (which is after First Four Out)

Kentucky is nowhere to be found

And for what it is worth - CBS' also has Duke out but in consideration (CBS has them behind Michigan State and Michigan State has an easier schedule the rest of the way)

And I like that Log forgot that all the games are being played in Indy this year

This is all my way of saying - of course they are getting in

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:46 PM, RIPPA said:

And I like that Log forgot that all the games are being played in Indy this year

This is all my way of saying - of course they are getting in

Oh, I didn’t forget that all the games are in Indy. I just think they’ll still find a way to make sure Duke plays in Raleigh. 

• Haha 3