DVDVR Message Board

2020 - 2021 NCAA BASKETBALL THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

No point in keeping the other thread open as the 2019-20 season is officially over. 

As stated before, the NCAA is extending eligibility for one year for the players.  

One player who won't be taking advantage of that though is Anthony Edwards of Georgia.   He has declared for the NBA Draft.  

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think I speak for @DEAN when I say "Thank God"

Yes, thank God.  May he run in fields of gold away from ever playing in the A-10 again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As said in the CFB thread, the Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports.  In the statement, they say no sports before 1/1/21, which obviously cuts about a month or two out of CBB.  

So, that's something everyone should keep their eyes on.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The ACC wants every Division 1 team to make the 2021 NCAA Tournament, because they are idiots.

The story is so vague but it appears that they want to do it in lieu of having to play any non-conference games

Apparently - the format for the season will be announced next week

Also in order to get the brackets in line it won't be ALL teams in the NCAA there will probably be about 5 - 8 of them that can't make it.  You really have to suck at basketball to considered a bubble team in a 300+ team tournament 

I say if you going to go nuts go really nuts and make it a triple elimination 300+ team tournament.  sure if might make it last another 3 months but oh well not like they cared about academics anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:23 PM, Zimbra said:

Could be worse, the Battle For Atlantis is now going to be in North Dakota.

I would think about going since Wichita State will be playing but, you know, plague.

More importantly, North Dakota.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Greg Marshall @ Wichita State will be looking for work soon.  There's an article online with a huge pile of damaging allegations from dozens of players, including that he PUNCHED Shaq Morris - twice - and choked an assistant coach.