DVDVR Message Board

NXT - SPRING 2020

Dolfan in NYC

As was said in the previous thread, "Takeover XXIX" (aka Takeover Tampa) is indefinitely postponed, with the current plan being for it to be run as part of the weekly show. 

No word on whether that means it will be pre-taped, if it's going to be entirely at the PC, or if it's going to air in 3 weeks like originally planned.  

We shall see.  

The following Takeover is currently scheduled to be Takeover: Boston in August. 

As an experiment, they should just air NXT tapings from when Sami Zayn was really building momentum although I could image there would be some trepidation given the NXT champion at that time.

45 minutes ago, Craig H said:

As an experiment, they should just air NXT tapings from when Sami Zayn was really building momentum although I could image there would be some trepidation given the NXT champion at that time.

Well, the champion at the time is a real bastard.

Don't suppose there's any news on whether NXT:UK Takeover Dublin is happening or not? Because that's the one upcoming show where they have the entire build up already in the can.

Should be Dream, but do to the currents events they were unable to fully build it up. I think thew only confirmed match we had was the women's ladder match and all the participants weren't even decided. Honestly I wish they would just wait it out or do the qualifying matches instead of rushing to Takeover matches.

Finny/WALTER was likely scheduled for Dublin. They really should just wait for that one.

Looks like Keith Lee vs Dominik Dijokovic vs Damian Priest is the first TakeOver match on 4/1. A women’s second chance gauntlet match for the last spot in the #1 contender ladder match (Dakota Kai, Xia Li, Aliyah, Shotzi, Purazzo, Carter) and Dream vs Fish (hope this leads to Cole vs Dream) are the rest of next week’s announced stuff.

Gargano vs Ciampa & the Women’s #1 Contender Ladder Match on 4/8

I would hope this wouldn't fall in to the category of April Fools, etc. as it would be a VERY shitty thing to joke about but, if not, it's legit news and congratulations.

19 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Looks like it was a bad joke:

Imagine being a female fan of hers who is unable to get pregnant. Or a guy whose wife/girlfriend just had a miscarriage. Like I said, an extremely shitty thing to joke about. I'll leave it at that. Apologies if that violates today's parameters on here.

• Like 4

Well, at least there's plenty of responses letting her know this was a bad idea so at least it's not everybody defending her.  But yeah, awful thing to joke about even for the sake of April Fools.  And speaking as somebody that's not good at these jokes if you can't come up with something good then it's best to just not take part.

Rhea Ripley's work visa expired, so she's back in Australia now with no timetable for a return since who knows when her visa will be renewed due to all of this stuff going on in the world.

I swear to fucking god,  if fucking Regal's work visa expires...

EDIT --  BTW, now would be a cute time to turn Dunne heel by having him "refuse to appear" in a match to defend the tag titles.  I'd say give it to someone American who can hold it until this is all over - but I think the only choices there would be Undisputed Era or Forgotten Sons.