DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/18/2020

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

I would agree with Satin's opinion if it wasn't for the fact that:

1.  the WWE ran a show that involved very little social distancing of the people there and featuring Austin spitting all over the place

2.  The WWE is going to run a show TWO DAYS IN A ROW in maybe multiple locations that will have over 50 people each time. There is no way they can't

I am sure that he will say that they have strict health checks when you walk in.  Maybe they do but I seriously doubt that Tony Khan was just letting anybody walk in sight unseen.

Let's be honest, he is just trying to get his name on the essential list

If you believe Meltzer, the AEW and WWE health checks for these shows amount to the talent getting their temperatures taken.

Which is the problem. Evidence right now is that asymptomatic carriers are significantly more contagious than ones with symptoms.

I enjoyed the hell out of the show, and I'm not going to pretend I don't watch out of protest, but they really shouldn't be running them. It's why I advocated for taping a month or so last night and then getting everybody home.

• Like 1

AEW: 932K

NXT: I don't know, because they didn't rank in the Top 50 for last night.

I know ratings don't really matter right now, but that's still a shocker. AEW jumps up from last week, and is the only non-news program in the Top 25, and NXT doesn't even fucking register in the Top 50 for the night.

EDIT: NXT got 542K, #82 for the night. For comparisons sake - AEW was #20

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, sabremike said:

This parasite should go ask Martha Hart about how much his de facto employers care for their emplo... er "Independent Contractor's" safety. Or how about ask the guys who ended up as hostages of a government who had recently killed and cut up one of their enemies (and apparently began the job while he was still alive).

easy there Goebbels

Great numbers for AEW, although not surprising given the circumstance

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick

34 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

easy there Goebbels

Great numbers for AEW, although not surprising given the circumstance

I shouldn't even bother responding to something that blatantly stupid but I suggest you look up the guy's history as a living breathing caricature of a bottom of the barrel gossip mongering lowlife creep. The guy LITERALLY called the freaking hospital Flair was in badgering, pestering and threatening the staff demanding info on his condition that by law they were forbidden from disclosing. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

The best thing of the night for me was Hangman Page's Dixie Chicks shirt.

I mean, I enjoyed the rest of the show too, but I really want that Dixie Chicks shirt.

3 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

The best thing of the night for me was Hangman Page's Dixie Chicks shirt.

I mean, I enjoyed the rest of the show too, but I really want that Dixie Chicks shirt.

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 minutes ago, Casey said:

We must protect this anxious millennial cowboy at all costs.

48 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

We must protect this anxious millennial cowboy at all costs.

I'm not a country fan in the slightest, but I'm still waiting for the Dixie Chicks to get that apology from all those years ago when they spoke out against W.

• Like 4

Good Bye Earl is one of the songs I remember the most about spousal abuse that's also pretty funny and dark.

Oh, and Gaslighter is also pretty good.

Why do I know so many Dixie Chicks songs?

Edited by Craig H

14 hours ago, Dewar said:

It shouldn't be happening. If one person ends up being positive for that virus, you put everyone who uses the ring that night and in the locker room at risk. The risk isn't worth it for them, or WWE, or whoever else is running these empty arena shows worldwide. 

The problem with Satin making that tweet is he actually appears on WWE television. If Bix had done it (although he never would, unless he found a way to shit on WWE while doing it), it would have flown under the radar.

My problem is I don't see Satin making the same complaints of WWE or calling for WWE to cancel two-night WrestleMania which is taking place at multiple locations.

• Like 1

Matt Hardy's #FreeTheDelete series may be the best thing I've seen in a long time. Also makes sense why he owes the Bucks and why there was a drone in the ring during his announcement. The fact that he started it months ago to lead to now...chef kiss.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Matt Hardy's #FreeTheDelete series may be the best thing I've seen in a long time. Also makes sense why he owes the Bucks and why there was a drone in the ring during his announcement. The fact that he started it months ago to lead to now...chef kiss.

#LongTermBooking

• Like 1