DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVI - April 4 & 5, 2020

Dolfan in NYC

-- According to a report by the Twitter user @fightoracle, who has mixed results as a source, WrestleMania 36 from the WWE Performance Center won't go down as currently planned. The report adds that the reason WWE made this announcement is for insurance purposes as one of the clauses in their policy is that in the event of pandemic or other similar crisis, the company needs to show that they have tried to mitigate damages - in this case, find an alternate venue or production site. The announcement of the move to the PC is said to be a way to satisfy that requirement.

-- The report adds that the belief internally is that the city of Orlando will then move to shut down WrestleMania at the PC and WWE would subsequently then get paid out by their insurer. The company would then look to move WrestleMania to a later date and June 7 at Madison Square Garden was noted in the report as a target date.

So the one thing that the WWE could have done to really fuck with the indies and run WM in multiple days and they decide to do it when there are no indies running and an empty arena?   The fuck?

Although the one benefit is that two 4 hour empty arena shows are more tolerate than one 8 hour empty arena show

One theory going around is that they have to run 2 nights because of the limit in number of people allowed.   I guess I can see that.  I mean last year's had to have at least 30 wrestlers.   Assuming you have the battle royal matches (which I doubt now) then easily 80.  Assuming the limit is around 50 to 100  then I can see it 

Edited by hammerva

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So the one thing that the WWE could have done to really fuck with the indies and run WM in multiple days and they decide to do it when there are no indies running and an empty arena?   The fuck?

Although the one benefit is that two 4 hour empty arena shows are more tolerate than one 8 hour empty arena show

It wasn't going to be 8 hours to begin with. It was only going to be 8 matches so it would have been probably around 3 hours.

This is me just speculating but I’m wondering if they are looking to run in a few spots close to collections of where wrestlers live to cut down on travel

The PC obviously covers Orlando

MSG would cover the NY/CT folks

And then you could do Texas

In looking back at Mania 2 I just had two thoughts: 

A) The card was terrible.  Only the Bulldogs winning the titles was anything resembling a good match.

B) I'd legit forgotten that Dory had ever been in WWF.

( @RIPPA will rue the next time I'm upset about something stupid done by the Dolphins)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

In looking back at Mania 2 I just had two thoughts: 

B) I'd legit forgotten that Dory had ever been in WWF.

You mean Hoss Funk? ? 

(vince’s dislike of Juniors on exhibit)

Edited by odessasteps
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This is me just speculating but I’m wondering if they are looking to run in a few spots close to collections of where wrestlers live to cut down on travel

The PC obviously covers Orlando

MSG would cover the NY/CT folks

And then you could do Texas

That and a loophole to get around restrictions on how many people can gather at a certain place.

If we take the explanation Dave had the other night at face value, that Vince doesn't want to postpone due to having no idea how long it'll be before it can be done right, splitting it makes sense on some levels. It does reduce the number of people at each location, which puts it more in line with CDC recommendations.

It's sadly hilarious that I and several others are finally getting the two day WrestleMania we'd been requesting for years.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

It wasn't going to be 8 hours to begin with. It was only going to be 8 matches so it would have been probably around 3 hours.

Well, 8 matches announced, but the internal card they'd allegedly had and kept changing was 16.

So what happens to people who buy it on old school PPV, instead of the WWE Network? Does it cost double now, because it's two shows?